Antrel Rolle wisely retracts his booing stance Share0diggs
diggPosted by A. Isaac 0 comments

Admittedly, Antrel Rolle knew he screwed up. The second he compared booing of football players to soldiers coming home from Iraq, a light bulb, dim as it may be, went off in his head. That, or the Giants PR team is as good as advertised.

Here’s the quote from earlier in the week if you missed it.

“They want to make it that guys paid this much money for a ticket, yeah, I understand that, I understand completely. We risk ourselves out there on the field each and every day also. When soldiers come home from Iraq you don’t boo them. I look at it the same way. I take my job seriously,” Rolle said.

Thankfully, for Rolle’s sake, either he or someone who actually has a functioning brain issued an apology.
Now this guy really ticked me off!!!!!!

“I used a very poor, inappropriate example earlier today to demonstrate how seriously I take my job,” Rolle said. “Obviously there is no comparison between the men and women of our military putting their life on the line defending our country and what I do. They risk their lives and that gives me the opportunity to play a game for a living.

Below is an excerpt of the interview itself. He seems fairly passioned about the booing issue, although he fails to realize that fans, in general, are not doing it because they hate the team, in fact, it’s the exact opposite. If they are enough to show up, they love you. I’d be much more concerned when if Rolle trotted out for a Sunday game with only 10,000 fans in the stands. That’s a much bigger slap in the face

http://guyism.com/sports/antrel-roll...ng-stance.html