Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: STRANGE???...CBI @ 1166...Forex @ 1156...What's going on?...Why???

Thanks

STRANGE???...CBI @ 1166...Forex @ 1156...What's going on?...Why???

STRANGE???...CBI @ 1166...Forex @ 1156...What's going on?...Why???

CBI...1166

http://www.cbi.iq/

FOREX...1156

http://www.forexpros.com/currencies/usd-iqd

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4aprofit For This Useful Post:

Duke (01-30-2012)

Thanks
    Hmmmmmmmmm, Forex shows a better rate? That is strange, but not as strange as a gal saying that her brother-in-law cashed in two weeks ago at $1.17, I think its more pumper bs, but? Thanks for sharing that. I wil try to come up with an answer for that, no promises.
    If its not on SD...it's probably crap!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dbcooper For This Useful Post:

coopschick (01-30-2012)

Thanks
    Dinar is pegged to the dollar, the stronger the dollar the stronger the iqd. not by much but still a little stronger.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shela1153 For This Useful Post:

coopschick (01-30-2012)

Thanks
    Here's where someone else just showed it in USA Today...@ 1164.5

http://www.usatoday.idmanagedsolutio..._currency.idms

Thanks
    On another interesting note...since I dont think that USA Today would be supposedly live and to the minute, like Forex is supposed to be, I'm just wondering where these entities come up with these rates, if it is'nt derived from the "CBI".....(Central Bank of Iraq)...and//or why would'nt their ONLY Source to get these rates, only come from the CBI...especially if it "IS NOT" Floating???...IN OTHER WORDS, WHY WOULD RATES JUST BE THROWN AROUND???

Thanks
    To all the bashers out there that think that this is all INSIGNIFIGANT'....If the New Iraqi Dinar is as some say......Non-Tradeable, Non-Exchangeable, Non-Recognized, etc., etc., etc...(WHY IS IT EVEN LISTED ANYWHERE LIKE WE ARE SEEING)...And if the CBI...(Central Bank of Iraq)...is the only "supposedly" legitimate source for the "Real" Rate...or as some say'.....(WHAT'S GOING ON & WHY?)........

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4aprofit View Post
    To all the bashers out there that think that this is all INSIGNIFIGANT'....If the New Iraqi Dinar is as some say......Non-Tradeable, Non-Exchangeable, Non-Recognized, etc., etc., etc...(WHY IS IT EVEN LISTED ANYWHERE LIKE WE ARE SEEING)...And if the CBI...(Central Bank of Iraq)...is the only "supposedly" legitimate source for the "Real" Rate...or as some say'.....(WHAT'S GOING ON & WHY?)........
    The IQD has been on those lists for years, it's nothing new.

Just because a currency is listed with a value does not mean that they trade it in any manner, such as most 'exotics'. Some sites only post the values of the currencies that they handle, but most seem to post all currency values. Forex brokers simply subscribe to systems like Thomson Reuters Dealing 3000 Xtra or EBS (ICAP) which are the same systems that banks use for their foreign exchange transactions with one another.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefultxn For This Useful Post:

coopschick (01-30-2012)

Thanks

Many say that all of this is not important and insignifigant?

Many say that all of this is not important and insignifigant?...And I never said anything about the "TRADEABILITY" of the dinar...(As some argue that it is still not a TRADEABLE CURRENCY, even though showing up on Forex)...I just wonder why it is showing up in places at different Rates?...Why don't they just take it down, or remove it off of these sites, and even other places?.....especially if it is so "INSIGNIFIGANT".....or until it is the "REAL RATE"...Would it be any different if they were to post a country's currency like the USD or the Euro at the "Wrong or Irregular Prices"...especially if someone is looking at prices to buy or trade at?...I'm not trying to argue with anyone'...I'm just noticing these seemingly strange "Irregularities"...or, if they are "Normal"...as some even say...then so be it'...maybe once it does actually RV...we can play Dinar Roullette, and cash in at any rate we wish to, according to wherever or whoever has the highest rate?...LOL.....I know, I know...the CBI will show the real rate...but answer me this...do Forex traders go by what Forex shows, (Whereby Billions are moved daily in currency trades)....or do they hold out, and wait to make their trades, by going to certain countries Central Banks, and/or Help Desks first, to see who's right or wrong?...LOL....I'm trying to focus on finding out why we even need Forex, if they are as some of you say...."just passing information around from one subscription service to the other"......this would be making them of no purpose seemingly...Also, on another note, even if the dinar is an exotic currency, and not currently traded, like many major currencies, why should it be allowed to show a rate that is not right, or that has not actually moved...especially when the dinar was pretty much stuck for appx. 3 years at 1170 to 1?...(Has'nt this been happening even while it was stuck at 1170?)....And then, why does USA Today show the Dinar at an even different rate?......
    P.S....On another note...I remember some time back, whereby they moved the status of the "New Iraqi Dinar" from an EXOTIC Currency status, to a WORLD Currency status...or so the article said, and it said it was due to the currency's popularity.....I would think that there would be monetary procedures for a change like that, but who knows?...It all seems to get crazier every day?

Thanks
    What's funny, is that no one has answered the question yet, as per why the dinar is even on Forex, or anyhwere else, especially with ANY rate, other than that of the CBI's?...And by the way...it is paired to the USD when showing these various rates!

Thanks
    I think we can all agree that the Iraqi Dinar is not being traded at the moment, as an Internationally Tradeable & Accepted Currency, as if it were, I don't think that any of us would be on here...

Here's an explanation that another guy just said that makes sense..... (Why it shows on forexpros or others, is a question for them. I think the answer you get will have something to do with creating a virtual platform for it, for when it does become tradeable, like they have done for the lira, deutsche mark, franc and others being created in the event the Euro fails. They have to be established for usability at any moment. I believe it's that simple)

So, I guess we need to ask Forex, since the dinar is not on a virtual platform, how and why can rates for the dinar, not only be shown, but bounce around at various different rates...even though not on the virtual trading platform?

Also, I would like to know... that if the dinar was added/established, with these Forex Sites, Etc......whether for useability...for now or later...or at a moments notice...as mentioned...(When was this done, and since many say that these rates that are showing don't mean ANYTHING...then after an RV...would they show the ACTUAL REAL RATE..or could it still be off or flawed...as it is seemingly now)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4aprofit For This Useful Post:

coopschick (01-30-2012), Duke (01-30-2012)

+ Reply to Thread