7-23-2012 ScottiG When will it come? What needs to happen for us to see it? I know we are not waiting on the big O to do anything….he signed off on the RV weeks ago. I know Maliki is not the obstacle as he has been neutered (Oh did you know that he went to China recently and was not welcomed there!!!). The Governor of the CBI stated unequivocally a while back that he did not need the Parliament or anyone else to release the RI/RV, that he would do it when it was right for Iraq. I do believe and am hopeful that we are closer than ever before seeing our hopes fulfilled. I say we are closer than before because every time we have thought a specific event was the trigger...we actually find out that another critical element has fit into place.

7-23-2012 FreewayBill Iraq has handled everything they can and...us getting our blessing is way out of their hands. Read all of the articles you want. They want this to be done as bad as we do.

7-23-2012 Okie_Oil_Man THE OOM TEAM ONLY PASSES ON WHAT THEY HEAR NOTHING ADDED - NO FALSE PROMISES ONLY WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD - WHAT PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE IS THAT THE COMPLEXITY AND MAGNITUDE OF THIS EVENT IS SO GREAT AND THEN TO COMPOUND IT WITH HUNDREDS - NO MAKE THAT THOUSANDS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD STICKING THIER FINGERS IN THE RV PIE. WE ALL (MYSELF INCLUDED) HAVE PUT TOO MUCH EMPHASIS UP TILL NOW ON IRAQ ONLY---IRAQ IS ONLY A SMALL PIECE OF THE PUZZLE. IRAQ WAS TO BE THE CATALYST OF THE INITIATION OF THE ENTIRE PLAN AND HAS BEEN USED AS AN EXCUSE UP TILL NOW------BUT THE TRUE FACT'S ARE NOW EVIDENT.

7-23-2012 Med I HAVE NOT USED INTEL IN ABOUT TWO YRS. INFORMATION I JUST RECIEVED FROM PROBABLY THE MOST RELIABLE PERSON I KNOW, WHO WORKS AT THE EMBASSY, WHO I HAVE NOT TALKED TO IN ALMOST TWO YRS JUST TOLD ME THAT I PROBABLY MADE A GOOD MOVE ON PLANNING THE RV PARTY FOR THIS YR. I WAS GIVEN INFORMATION ABOUT MOVES BY CERTAIN ENTITIES AND GIVEN INFO ABOUT A PERSONAL CONVERSATION THAT THE BET IS ON FOR THIS YR. THE RATE IS DEBATABLE. ALL WE KNOW IS THE REMOVAL OF THE 3 ZERO'S FROM THE NOMINAL VALUE, WHAT EVER IT IS AFTER THAT, WE DONT KNOW FOR CERTAIN. FOR EXAMPLE, THE WORST IT COULD BE IS 1 CENT AND THE BEST .85. 1 CENT THOUGH, IN OUR DISCUSSION, WOULD NOT BENEFIT THE IRAQI ECONOMY AND WOULD NOT BE WORTH ALL THIS EFFORT THAT CBI HAS GONE THROUGH. ALL WE KNOW FROM SHABIBI'S OWN MOUTH IS THAT HIS EFFORTS ARE TO HAVE IT EQUAL TO THE USD.

7-23-2012 Hammerman alot did go on cant share yet, this i am sure of, 100% they [have] not started on tier 2 yet...still working on tier one...no movement at all over the week end in the usa...now over seas im hearing alot different, tier 2 overseas could be over half way finished but i can not prove yet at all.

7-23-2012 Arthur in order to be the country that we know Iraq is going to be they have to have a robust stock exchange....these stock systems around the world need sophisticated technology - Preparations in the final stages...usually when we see this it is already in place..finished and they are just testing....This will put them in the global international financial market to gain that access to the intl stock market. They will have to be traded on Forex - to do that obviously you need a tradable viable currency...a revalued currency...it has to be coming very soon because they are putting systems in place for this to go...one more step in the process.

7-23-2012 Mike CBI is all on board...they have read the Future of Iraq Project...FOI project has to do with the economic side....Shabibi is worried about the economics...would he love to have a great government thats all for the future of his people...Yes he would...but what is more worried about is the economic future of his people and that differs...he is not there to pick the people who are in office...he is not there to give his approval to the people in office...he is there to do what he needs to do and get it done....so that when his term is over he can say what he was sent there to do which was to build the economy...get the new currency going..and get it RV'd to the point where they have viable economic circumstances.

7-23-2012 Okie_Oil_Man WE AS INDIVIDUALS CAN ONLY WAIT--WE DON'T CONTROL ANY PART OF THIS PLAN. NOTHING IS OFFICIAL TILL THE BANK SCREEN'S POST'S THE NEW RATES. I WOULD PRESUME IT WILL OCCUR WHEN ALL BANK'S ARE OPEN BUT THAT PART IS STILL UNCLEAR. MANY DIFFERENT CURRENCIES ARE SLATED TO GO AT APPROXIMATELY THE SAME TIME. I WILL STATE THIS THOUGH--------I AM ON STANDBY.

7-23-2012 ScottiG This is bigger than Iraq, yet it is all about Iraq. I am here to state that great progress continues to be made. Last week, subsequent to successful meetings and events taking place in France, Germany and England that several meetings were held here with leaders of the CBI and representatives in our government. Of course we know that the meeting of these officials at the UN on Thursday was about monetary and financial matters. Though I too thought that the announcement would come forth at that meeting, I understand that it was another of those necessary steps. When will we get to the end? Not certain but I am led to believe that the last pieces of the reinstatement to WTO are coming together and that to me is a key sign.

7-23-2012 Poppy3 MUCH GOOD NEWS HAPPENING AND ERBIL IS PART OF SOME GOOD NEWS. I have heard many solid details this weekend from several sources and they all see them positioning for some solid movement in the next week to settle many of their problems and that is what every source I have is telling me. There is not one shred on negative against the end being very near for our wait...anxious for the next couple days.

7-23-2012 BGG Talk about the ultimate pressure point = Vice Kurd: We will interrogate al-Maliki in absentia if they do not attend to the House of Representatives. WOWSERS!! I guess the opposition isn't quite so dead after all?? If that doesn't motivate him to get along - nothing will... he's terrified of what's coming. they are nearing a deal - not by his choice and he is trying to "derail" it - is my take. Jaafari and Talibani have Maliki by the "nap of the neck" and are going to stick his nose in it if he won't go willingly. I think it will be significant when Maliki's tenure is not extended. That's what I think will be the most significant piece and it appears we are drawing near.

7-23-2012 SWFloridaGuy for over a year now the CBI has been referencing Sept and January, the closer we get the more credence that gains in my opinion. It could always be sooner. I'm very excited to see what this year has to offer. I think for the first time Iraq really does have a shot at seeing a large currency appreciation. I do think it's imperative to the process though to have a seated GOI and Erbil/HCL implementation. I believe they may be close to coming to a resolution and implementing the applicable reforms. No matter how you slice it, I'd say we're in a great spot.

7-23-2012 Med CBI WAS GOING TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE GOI, MOF AND PARLIAMENTARY FINANCE COMMITTEE. THIS WAS TO SET A TIME LINE TO ISSUE OFFICIALLY THE NEW DENOMS. CBI DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY LAW OR LEGISLATION TO REVALUE BUT THEY WANT AN AGREEMENT ON THE DESIGN OF THE NEW CURRENCY. ALOT HAS TO HAPPEN AND THIS TO ME HAS TO HAPPEN SOMETIME BETWEEN NOW AND NOV., WHY BECAUSE THEY WANT THE NEW RATE AND ISSUE OF DENOMS IN THE 2013 BUDGET. SO THIS IS ON A SHORT ROPE HERE. THEY WANT...A SPECIFIC DATE SET. I EXPECT IT TO RV IN DECEMBER, APPROX 7 DAYS BEFORE THE ISSUE DATE.

7-23-2012 Kaperoni Just so you know, the dinar will not be on Forex. Its an exotic currency and the plan is for it to be bought/sold amongst central banks on an "institutional level". This process will be handled by a "Equity Fund" or similar type ECM (Equity Capital Market). All will be disclosed publicly in Sept- IMO. The impact is going to be watching how this plays out. Cash in, whom, and how is still not fully known. Banks are probably not going to be involved on an end user (us) level as they do not want to take the risk or deal with validation/authentication of dinar. Most of the dinar dealers as well have no idea of this plan and will be effected once the RV occurs.

7-23-2012 SWFloridaGuy They have many reforms currently submitted for approval. The GOI continues to make progress toward Erbil implementation, permanent Ministers and the announcement of the Strategic Council, while the CBI and Finance Committee continue their studies and take preparatory steps that will ensure the success of the project. The CBI is working in tandem with the Finance Committee and Council of Ministers. The Finance Commission is supervising the CBI on the management of the monetary policy while they are investigating the economic impact this currency reform project will have inside of Iraq. The feasibility of the project is being addressed by the Council of Ministers and the CBI. They are working toward removing all remaining obstacles. Preferably, the CBI will receive the approbative nod from the Council of Ministers. The IMF has already instructed the CBI on the necessary reforms to accomplish this. It's up to the GOI to provide the necessary stability that will ensure the success of the project.

7-23-2012 BGG [Article] "Member of the Committee on Energy: Oil Law is ready for a vote in the House there is no justification for delaying" This is tremendous news!! The HCL is a lot more significant than most of the other “fringe” items we’ve been directed to – this is “the biggie” (other than Maliki).

7-23-2012 Med I DO NOT...THINK THE TARIFFS ARE GOING TO IMPACT LIKE WE FIRST THOUGHT AND THE REASON WHY IS THIS. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO PUT TARIFFS ON ANY IMPORTED CLOTHING OR FOOD. THOSE ARE THE TWO PROBABLY MOST SPENT IMPORTS BY THE IRAQI CITIZEN. SEE HOW THIS WILL NOT BE AS BIG A DEAL AS WE THOUGHT. NOW IF THEY DID PUT TARIFFS ON THOSE, IT WILL REDLINE FASTER THAN A GREASY TACO RUNS THROUGH MY INTESTINES. [Oh, my, LOL]