Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Breitling, Adam, Kaperoni & ohter self proclaimed gurus 8/8/12

Thanks

Breitling, Adam, Kaperoni & ohter self proclaimed gurus 8/8/12

8-8-2012 L.J. We are seeing cohesion and unity – they are making efforts for reform…I thought we would see withdrawal of confidence before we saw reform honestly…I didn’t think they would be able to bridge the gap. The language we are hearing in the last couple of days has been really pointing toward...an agreement between them to where they could move forward...I am excited about what I am hearing...the fact that Allawi is open to meetings and Maliki is meeting with the powers and Maliki pushing for Mutlag to come back…Mutlag stepped in and has some extra powers and he’s utilizing them...trying to work out the Oil & Gas Law…everything we see is about working the crisis out and that gives us all reason to be encouraged. .

8-8-2012 Mike CBI went to Parliament and threw down a letter and said we are going forward with the deletion of 3 zeroes project…Parliament accepted that Letter. I think it was a brilliant play on Shabibi’s side – they said maybe you need to come and talk to us and explain it a little bit more because there are still some who don’t understand….he said sure he would be glad to do that.

8-8-2012 Doc We continue to be amazed that a few sites are trying to resurrect the $14 initial exchange rate or at least the $3+ range. They continue to argue Shabibi said this when he said he wanted the dinar to be the strongest currency in the ME. Unfortunately this ignores the macroeconomics of currency reform all together. When Shabibi makes this statement he has never referred to this as the initial RV rate but as the ultimate goal with a 3+ year horizon. He knows he needs much more oil exports, a diversified economy and most importantly a stable GOI to get there. He also knows the infrastructure is not there currently to support those valuations. If we know this then be assured Shabibi is many steps ahead of us.

8-8-2012 Kaperoni Now here is where we learn what Iraq is really doing. Despite all the articles, misdirection, and confusion with terminology this quote tells us exactly what is happening…This is absolutely the most direct and powerful statement we have heard. This is not an opinion, but a factual statement…"the present authorities have decided to change the Iraqi currency to a new currency”. Now this also tells us that they are NOT deleting the zeros off the notes. And it tells us that “collecting the notes” is what is happening to reduce the money supply.

8-8-2012 Breitling Kaperoni is absolutely right, the dinar will be an exotic currency at first & will be controlled, but it won't stay like that forever, they have talked about becoming free market economy. Yes, they can justify at coming in around just below a buck, so that is my range 6 cents - 10 cents, to up to a buck. Will they get above that? Absolutely they will. And that's up to the CBI. That's why I'm in this investment, I didn't get in for just a few pennies. I haven't seen any math that changes that.

8-8-2012 BGG This is not a lottery ticket, you purchased money, a currency. This is a currency of a country, a foreign currency, money! As soon as it becomes an internationally tradable currency it will increase in value. Iraq is the number one ranked hottest economy in the world right now, this is from the World Business News. They are mega wealthy in natural resourses, gold, natural gas, etc. It's impossible for them to operate long term under this pre-programmed rate.

8-8-2012 Mike they want to use Letters of Credit to start financing everything thats going in and out of Iraq so they can make sure they have legitimate deals…With a Letter of Credit everybody has to perform…everybody knows where they are at and a whole legal system that comes into play internationally when you mess with Letters of Credit...Gives the Central Bank a stronger standing to put a lid on their economy...that was the next step we were waiting to see.

8-8-2012 Checkmate I absolutely believe that the Iraqi dinar has to improve back to where it was or higher. I am very positive that this could happen at any minute, but I am OK it it lasts longer.

8-8-2012 Poppy3 I got a great call last evening and the rumors on the streets of Baghdad are saying the RV is very close and people are said to be preparing to return from kuwait and other regions back to their homes in Iraq. They left for humatarian reasons. Lack of money, health care, etc. Those with the means to leave and work elsewhere are now talking and planning to return very soon. This is great news because they have intel we are not privy to. The professional people like DR's, engineers, lawyers, etc., they had the means to leave and also have inside connections to gather information you and I could not get from the inside of the GOI in Bagdad. I am very encouraged that political progress seems to be moving fast to completion and the public responding in this way definitely shows what BGG and I have been reporting is in fact taking place. Once the politics are in line, our blessing should fall in our laps before we even know it.

8-8-2012 Doc Our opinion continues the initial rate will be around $1. This in and of itself is huge; however, all of Shabibi's statements around initial rate talk about being on par with the USD. A recent article suggested the common citizen is expecting something slightly above $1 and at that point would trade their USD for dinars. This also supports the estimate of $1.13 to de-dollarize the country. We continue to believe the rate will be of this magnitude because Shabibi has also stated he wants the dinar as the currency of choice going into 2013. To RV at the massive rates being reported would be economic suicide for Iraq. Also remember the CBI is a privately held business and as such exits to make money. RVing at a lower rate and working the rate up over time affords the CBI of a greater profit potential. We report, you decide.

8-8-2012 Kaperoni Now this quote is simply amazing. “This does not affect the value of the dinar so far but it opens the dinar to the free currency market such as against the dollar, etc.” It is telling us that the value of the old dinar (3 zero notes) is not effected. Clearly, this is what we want. Some may want to interpret this saying “yes the value does not change and the exchange rate also stays the same,” ie (LOP) Well this next quote…puts an end to that theory as well...“If three zeros were lifted from the IQD, this means the IQD becomes stronger 1000 times in terms of value.” This in itself is all we need to be assured of our investment. But the good Dr. [Bakri] gives us the dagger in the LOPster heart with this gem of an example…“For example, a pack of cigarettes that was selling for 1000 dinar would be only 1 dinar. If it was a conversion like that, if the three zeros were lifted from the previous currency, this means the old 1000 dinars will buy 1000 packs of cigarettes instead of 1.”

8-8-2012 SWFloridaGuy There are many reports lately suggesting that an agreement on key reforms has been struck. If Maliki advocates strict adherence to these reforms, then we may see a National Meeting where the Iraq List is in attendance. Allawi has made it clear that unless parts of the Erbil agreement are implemented they will continue to boycott any attempt at a National Conference, just as they did last time. So, the fact that they are coming back to the table and moving away from questioning the Prime Minister is a great sign that there truly is a deal in the works.

8-8-2012 BGG We do not have to worry about how many dinar are in circulation. The Iraqi dinar will be used as a foreign currency reserve. The only dinar that Iraq has to worry about are those that are inside the borders of Iraq and that will just be traded in for the new notes. I don't think it will come in at a dollar or less, I think they will come out at a reasonable rate to make it attractive for Iraqis to trade in their dinars otherwise they will not have confidence in it. I think that no matter what it comes in at, it will go up. I personally think it will come in at a good number. This is a brilliant economy to be invested in with money!!

8-8-2012 Adam Montana No RV yet - I don't care who said people were cashing in over where, what bank screens are flashing numbers in the back room, or who's janitor overheard Maliki texting Shabibi about $3.86... it didn't happen yet...with that out of the way (sorry to let anyone down!) we are still looking at a couple of important events and opportunities in the very near future, BUT NOT UNTIL after Ramadan. Until Ramadan is over (August 18-19) nobody will be cashing in...the good news is that right now we are nearing the end of this month-long holiday and from the looks of it - things are coming along VERY nicely and...YES, I believe it has a chance to happen this year. Exactly when? Who knows. Definitely after Ramadan is over, after that it's open season on the RV Geese.

8-8-2012 Tony I just think that there are things going on in the region that is holding it up & I think that these things are being taken care of right now. IMO, things are being done now to protect money from getting into the hand of terrorists. It is not going to go to January, it's not going to be that far. I am expecting this real soon!!

8-8-2012 L. J. & Mike lets think back about a month or two...what did we hear…Najafi is with the Erbil 5...Maliki is upset ..calling for Maliki to be questioned and Withdrawal of Confidence...Nujafi was anti Maliki – well today “Maliki and Najafi will find a mechanism for the systematic implementation of the reform process” Look at the change in the attitude of all the players. The words are so different...when you see these things this is real reform...people sitting down getting pictures together…talking…something has definitely changed for them to do and say what they are doing...maybe its...them having the sense of urgency because we know our political future and time is running out...we have played this game too long.

8-8-2012 Adam Montana In my opinion there is better than a 50/50 chance of it RVing rather than l0pping. COULD they go either way? Of course! I just feel it makes more sense to raise the value and THEN introduce new notes. They will pay out a little more on the older notes, but they will also benefit from the move and THAT is what they are concerned about. They want to make sure IRAQ benefits and profits, and they WILL do so if they RV with a stable government, stable inflation rate, and solid plan.
    Last edited by coopschick; 08-08-2012 at 09:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread