Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "As the Dinar Turns"... Special guest star Breitling with Med & Adam... 11/14/12

Thanks

"As the Dinar Turns"... Special guest star Breitling with Med & Adam... 11/14/12

11-14-2012 Breitling The people that came up with the LOP theory don't know about money, they are not investors. Today's rate is completely false. They are keeping the value of the dinar down artificially. From day one these guys with the LOP theory were wrong, it was invented. Iraq would not do that to their country, mess up their economy. Does this guarantee that they won't throw us a curve ball...No. I don't know when they will revalue or restructure their currency. They really can do it today. But, you have to look at what is going on over there with power, the CBI, etc. Maliki has the advantage, but we still don't know. Things are going good in Iraq. I am still very motivated, I am still watching it everyday, it really could, any day.

11-14-2012 Tlar Whether it is January or July, they will remove the zeros. It is possible that what has happened to Shabibi may in fact be a good thing for our investment. If Shabibi had...decided to introduce the currency internationally at a low rate and let it grow from there, the forces that are supporting this in the government continue to say "removal of the zeros". This to me means if they can win this philosophical war that their intentions are to bring the dinar out at .86 or 1 to 1. Most of what is going on with the bank and the government will most likely be resolved by the end of November.

11-14-2012 Footforward Nothing that happens in Iraq affects our blessing. The people that support the Iraq only theory, it doesn't make any sense. Iraq has nothing to do with this. They have done everything that they needed to do. This was a plan that was put in place stratigically by the authors of the plan, not Obama. Maliki can't take over the CBI, the GOI doesn't have the authority to appoint the new governor of the CBI. Shabibi is under protection, tucked away safely. If he was harmed it would not have any affect on the timing of the RV, one person being removed would not have any affect on the timing. There is a lot going on behind the scenes. I am still expecting a very good rate and I am expecting this at anytime, expecting it now and we should not have any trouble cashing in.

11-14-2012 Administrator Bob As we enter mid-week, both political and economic issues continue on center stage. If this were a theme song there would be no harmony. A good title may be "aggravated."

11-14-2012 Med I AM NOT SURE IF MALIKI REALIZED THE CAN OF WORMS HE MAY HAVE OPENED UP WHEN HE ACCUSED SHABIBI OF CORRUPTION BUT IT IS NOT BEING TAKEN LIGHTLY. THEY HAVE FOUND ISSUES WITH CBI BUT ALSO IT IS BEING UNCOVERED EVERYWHERE THIS RUSSIAN ARMS DEAL THING...

11-14-2012 Mike It was a Great Day in Baghdad...I am going to call today "Christmas in November" Maliki was passing out gifts - 3 of them - He screwed up - Apparently he can't find where he placed all the evidence on Shabibi and the warrant - Imagine that - Having a hard time finding it - Another disappearing act...more bad days for Maliki...And Santa Claus...I mean Talabani seems to be jolly with everybody - having meetings with everybody and finding out from them what they want and who has been naughty and nice. [Oooh, I like these Christmas themed posts...FaLaLaLaLa!!!]

11-14-2012 Adam Montana At this time, Shabibi is still on the run. I think it's fair to say by now that Maliki has been planning this for some time - he has been making small moves to take control of the CBI for some time now, and this is definitely working in his favor to that end. In my opinion, this will make it much easier for him to force an RV - Shabibi is/was a very steady character, he did a great job of controlling the value of the Dinar, but we know that he was against a major increase...so it's probably a good thing for us that he is no longer in that seat.

11-14-2012 Mountainman At this point the HCL draft is considered to be in the advanced stages according to the Oil & Energy Committee. UAE, Exxon and other companies are expanding their interests in Iraq and the Ministry of Electricity has had a complete overhaul. The banking sector still needs improvement but the efforts to bring Iraq to international standards will continue long after they RV their currency, as will the political bickering. IMO, if they introduce the LDs between now and January, they will also have to revalue. There's no point in doing it otherwise. So, sometime between November and January is the target date.

11-14-2012 Mountainman The NY Times had a great quote this morning about Iraq: "Iraq’s re-emergence as an oil power is inevitably sending ripples through the industry and the surrounding region. The country has surpassed Iran as the second-largest OPEC producer after Saudi Arabia, raising questions about whether other oil-producing countries may at some point need to trim production to accommodate a rising Iraq." How can such a wealthy country justify a worthless currency after a decade of recovery and when the sanctions that destroyed their currency are about to be lifted? Simple answer, they can't and they won't.

11-14-2012 Adam Montana Chapter 7 is not officially 100% released, but there's no reason we won't see that happen shortly and the main thing to watch - the really BIG ticket item - is the HCL...latest reports are saying that they are actively working through it, stating that it must be dealt with separate from all other issues and that it is of extreme importance, especially with the budget being worked on right now...

11-14-2012 Tlar The tariff and taxes law cannot be implemented without a corresponding raise in the exchange rate or they will experience double or triple rate inflation. The suspension of the ration card in March is another good sign. It also implies that the rate will be changed by then and Iraq just agreed with the IMF to discontinue its usage. Chapter VII is another good sign just over the horizon.

11-14-2012 Adam Montana I want to make it clear that although they state they are working to get it [the budget] done by year end, they will not give us a direct clue as to the future value of the Dinar in the budget...so the budget really doesn't make that much difference to us...if they do a major rate change, the budget will be adjusted to fit the new rate.
    Last edited by coopschick; 11-14-2012 at 06:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread