Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "As the Dinar Turns"...with Adam & Kaperoni...11-26--12

Thanks

"As the Dinar Turns"...with Adam & Kaperoni...11-26--12

11-26-2012 BGG Article quote: "Barzani pointed out that the issue of withdrawal of confidence from al-Maliki was not his proposal, but all parties that participated in our meetings saw that it is a desired option at that stage and I did not mind." This isn’t rehash. There are too many current references here – so I would assume they have recently agreed the No Confidence vote is their best immediate option.

11-26-2012 BWM expect the VND and IQD to appear internationally at the same time... "could" that change? I don't think it would benefit us... while the whole "double dip" theory comes to everyone's mind the real issue is China is the real backup to Vietnam's economy... so in order to truly realize the benefits of their currency suddenly becoming relevant, vietnam needs more things to back up the VND (gold is being brought in quickly from citizens) and the IQD provides much of that in the form of currency reserves...has Vietnam been given authority to revalue it's currency...YES...

11-26-2012 Bondlady hcl is being worked on, its no easy task when your dealing with a country whos lust for greed and power drives them their so afraid someone else is going to get a cent more than the other...the last part of the hcl, the thorny part, is the profit sharing, who gets what ..where...and how much. thats the point of contention they must do to appease all of them, thats what their working on, the rest is already in place.

11-26-2012 Kaperoni This is the first confirmation we have heard of two plans...The original plan with Shabibi to which was IMO, the .86 "staging rate" and more recently the float. To a new plan apparently as stated..."central bank about the currency exchange current damaged to another through a new contract with a foreign company to do so" which appears to be just a simple replacement of currency. This also implies no significant change in value which would support Maliki's "weak dinar" policy. That being said, a simple change in currency does them no good economically either. But we will have to see when it happens. The good news is the people and the banks know something is going to happen soon.

11-26-2012 Footforward the whole financial system seems to basically be at a stand still. i dont believe that can carry on forever. im not sure by the first, but something has to give here at some point...watch for something to come out tomorrow saying that they agreed on the frame work but have yet to work out the "details". i have reason to believe that hilary would not step down until this was done...something a little birdy told me a long time ago...its coming up soon...thats my point.

11-26-2012 BGG This has everything to do with Iraq. Maliki is in deep trouble. If it boils down to a no confidence vote I think it will be a landslide. I said to expect to see a lot of big developments and that's what we are seeing, a lot of meetings. I like the way the news is turning out. I was excited when I first got into this investment, but I am more convinced about this investment now then I have ever been at any time. Do I think we will be waiting on this well into next year? There is always that slim possibility, but I don't see it. There are some critical benchmarks coming at the first of the year. Anything could change and could tip in our favor very quickly. We are in a winning position. Do I think there is some pre-written plan or some powers-that-be that decide this thing. Absolutely not. That's why we keep an eye on the politics of this situation.

11-26-2012 Mountainman This Thursday the UNSC will be receiving a briefing on UNAMI and the progress Iraq has made regarding their possible release from Chapter VII. They will have a very strong case for removal and it would appear have international support at this point. SRSG Kobler has been in Iraq's corner, at least publicly, which is a good sign.

11-26-2012 Poppy3 A source said they are anticipating a change in the dong prior to the first of the year. I would love to see this go ahead of the dinar, but their Minister of Finance wants to hold out until the IQD goes so they would RV at a higher currency. Also, two different sources notified me that Ban Ki Moon (head of UN) and the President of Kuwait will meet mid December to sign their portion of the release of Chapter 7. If that is true then the RV has to be done prior to that.

11-26-2012 ****** HEARD THE DONG WAS ALL OVER THE CHARTS THIS WEEKEND. IM STILL WAITING ON A CALL. HEARING TUESDAY A LOT OF THINGS GOING ON IS THE WORD SO WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR EYES ON THE CURRENCIES. HEARING WE MAY SEE SOMETHING TOMORROW NIGHT KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED AND YOUR BAGS PACKED. ITS ALL UP TO THE CHINA BOYS THERE WAS A BIG MEETING THIS WEEKEND BUT DONT HAVE THE DETAILS.

11-26-2012 LoriC Merrill Lynch said that Iraq is the fastest growing economy in the world and that this will continue into next year. Iraq's GDP is increasing at an incredible rate their growth percentage beat out China. How much longer can the world's fastest growing economy remain with a worthless, undervalued currency with an artificial, imposed rate?

11-26-2012 Kaperoni they cannot achieve the economic success just leaving the dinar at 1166 to $1. Remember all that is on the table pushing the rate up. The ISX, investment in agriculture and manufacturing, the "investment side" of the budget, tariffs, oil and gas subsidies, ration subsidies, etc..on and on. Though Maliki may want to "just replace" with no change, I do not see how that could succeed. How they could achieve the goals to be a "donor" state at the World Bank within a few years? how they could succeed in the 2013-2017 economic plan? So hang in there, IMO the float is coming.

11-26-2012 Mike We’re keeping an eye on things, the World Bank has come in to check things out, and the IMF is there checking things out… They’re trying to keep their corruption under wraps so that it doesn’t point back, but there’s a lot of people looking at it… There are going to be a lot of people that are gonna fall in this investigation, and Dr. Shabibi will come back when most of these people are gone…All good stuff!

11-26-2012 Adam Montana Regarding my opinion of the current situation - that hasn't changed...There is always the chance that it could happen today, tomorrow, next week, or never. That's just a fact we live with as investors.
    Last edited by coopschick; 11-26-2012 at 08:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread