1-24-2013 SWFloridaGuy This is the budget proposal that Maliki initially opposed when he pushed for the introduction of the new infrastructure bill but it now appears that within the next few days that Iraq will approve their most prodigious budget ever. Now keep in mind, this is also why we are seeing concerns being raised over how they will be able to operate under the burden of a large amount of newly acquired debt. But it appears that the CBI has a plan to not only address this but also previous accounts held as well, which to me is extremely encouraging if true. I want to make it clear that this next portion is strictly just my opinion after having researched this extensively over the past couple of years. I believe that it would advantageous for Iraq to have a more valuable currency at this time if they are truly serious about moving forward with a national economic reform and recovery (like they are claiming) while also extinguishing debt without creating inflation. Barring further legislative changes and assuming they stick to the currency reform plan, I see things progressing relatively quickly and a good first step would be to pass these reforms over the next week. This would also be a great opportunity for Iraqi leaders looking to consolidate support for upcoming elections. Should be very interesting.

1-24-2012 Kaperoni the dinar will eventually be worth more than the dollar, but it will take time as the dinar rises eventually surpassing the dollar.

1-24-2013 Winalot Article: "CBI announced, Thursday, on the implementation of the steps the electronic linking of information daily auction of foreign currency between institutions Bank and the Ministry of Finance and the General Authority for taxes." ya all know what that means? means the opening of the electronic window system.. thru the WTO. Single window system...to open the single window system... [ Is this something showing the RV is about ready to "pop"] it would have had to already popped.

1-24-2013 Poppy3 Iraq news reporting that...the erbil 140 and court laws will be voted on saturday will reviel a lot for us. The budget and rate being rumored to be included and this has been suspected by many researchers for a while now that all will be completed in the same DAY... If these pass it opens the door for fast movement toward the rv and many good things for the iraq people.

1-24-2013 Adam Montana [are they (IRAQ Leaders) doing this on purpose to drag out the RV as long as possible?] I wouldn't say they are doing it on purpose to "drag the RV out", but you are correct that they are doing it on purpose. If they jump the gun and pop something like this before EVERYTHING is ready...before ALL of the ducks are lined up...before EACH and EVERY T and I are crossed and dotted...it will be a disaster. What would you prefer? A disaster where you "almost" made money but the value crashed again, or a prolonged wait until you can REALLY cash in on a stable(ish) currency? I know which one I prefer. Smart money is patient.

1-24-2013 BOBGETZ6 [any news from frozen man besides the cold weather] The news stream is bone dry. Feels as if everything is ready and the someone, whomever that is, need to pull the darned trigger.

1-24-2013 Tlar Shabibi last July was still under the plan to bring the dinar up to 1 to 1. He set the start date as September 1st stating that he would release the smalls then. Because of all the flack he received he reset the date to January 1st with the smalls scheduled to be printed in Sept. He then announced the new smalls would be released in January. This to was met with resistance and flack from Maliki and company.

1-24-2013 Adam Montana [Does The CBI have to be Basel III Compliant in order to RV and if so, how will this affect us as far As the time frame. Will we be looking at the next quarter for an RV?] The answer is NO. Being "Basel iii" compliant isn't like being pregnant, where you either are or you aren't. (You can't be "sort of" pregnant!) Even the US is not 100% "compliant"...however, the MORE "compliant" they are, the better their chance for a HIGH rate.

1-24-2013 ****** [Are you still hearing $13.18 and $ 12.86??] YES, AMONG OTHER THINGS, 4.35, 6.18. IT’S ALL OVER THE PLACE. [any thing on the vnd? ist still looking like .478] I’M HEARING IT’S STILL .478.

1-24-2013 Poppy3 Article: "The Central Bank called network connectivity for auction information Posted on Thursday 24 January 2013...Baghdad/Obelisk said the Iraqi Central Bank, Thursday, on the implementation of electronic connectivity steps to daily foreign currency auction information between the Bank and the Ministry of finance and the General Commission for taxes." Now we know the real reason the IMF & UST people were at the CBI from last Thursday ‘till now and will monitor the transfer to world electronic transfers beginning today.

1-24-2013 Tlar The point ...is that Shabibi felt the bank was ready to do a 1 to 1 exchange and release the "new" three language dinars as far back as July of last year and most likely he would have done it if not for the governmental obstacles. Assuming that is right, he next changed the plan to a float. We think he mainly did this because he felt it was his only option to get the process going. It was not because the CBI's assets had deteriorated or because of any fiscal reason other than the governmental strength pressuring him not to do it at all. I believe they will go back to a managed float immediately following a significant raise in the value to 1 to 1. The CBI's posture then will become protectionary position for at least 12 - 24 months as suggested in the study. Protecting the new rate will be their primary goal. I think they will first "remove the zeros" then go to a managed float...The above assumes that Maliki is gone and governmental opposition to raising that value has evaporated.

1-24-2013 Flashing Among other things the [12] reasons why I am excited are: 1. iraq quadrupled During the last gold reserved months (August to October). it did not happened in previous years. 2. iraq to transfer from ch 7 to CH6. Not done in previous years. 3. High level coordinator post not renewed. 4. Kuwait Airways Settlement Ratified by Kuwait last tuesday. (not in previous years) it was one of the Most Significant Obligations under ch 7. 5. Significant Developments in banking systems. (CBI launches Auction. 6. iraq agreed with kuwait on borders.7. iraq agreed on navigation at Khor Abdullah (preliminary agreement). 8. Deputy of Basra: Kuwait took over 11 oil fields and the Parliament confirms the countries approaching lay foundations. 9. Iraq has signed bilateral agreements with big countries such as U S A, China, Japan etc in order to improve their infrastructure, agriculture, economy , education etc. 10. Iraq expects an agricultural and industrial revolution during the 2013. 11. Greece reached a budget agreement during november. 12.Iraq has found more oil, gold and other significant assets during the last months. [so then we are a possible for tonite, tomorrow but you feel best chance is Saturday.] based on rumors saturday...saturday is a rumor brought to me by sources. imo it should be done on or before jan 31, but it is my opinion and i could be wrong...[Rate on IQD?] different rumors about iqd rate: some are saying dummy rate for some days, others still saying between 5 and 12. [flashing are you hearing anymore about VND?] sources still saying .27 to .57. people are asking for rumors and i brought them what i heard, however i posted above why i am excited and has nothing to do with rumors. So articles are great, rumors are great then i am very happy and excited too...we still on track.

1-24-2013 ****** THIS VERY WELL MAY GO DOWN TONIGHT...ACCORDING TO SOURCE.

1-25-2013 Kaperoni Article: "Central Bank launches electronic network connectivity information Auction" It seems to me, they may be making the CBI website "live" electronically which is a step in the right direction. But if it just related to auctions or not, we will have to wait and see.

1-25-2013 Flashing Rumors confirmed by other sources about a possible rv tomorrow. Be happy, optimistic and prepared in terms of security and depends. lol Again, just rumors, but confirmed by other sources.

1-25-2013 BOBGETZ6 To me, it is just a matter of who holds the trigger. As winalot said, "they have to do it and now" The trigger person, IMO, is the key. It will be far less complicated than most imagine. It will just happen, or that is the way we think.

1-25-2013 Winalot Did you guys all get the importance of the CBI announcing electronic banking yesterday? Cbi announced, with the approval of the WTO, the opening of electronic banking. That is the "single window system". To participate in the window system, you HAVE to have an internationally recognized and tradeable currency. what do they need to have that? an rv. and it has to be PRIOR to opening and the window is open...as of yesterday. I think this is by far the most telling of anything so far. They have entered the International waters of banking and trade! i think it is a matter of when it shows up, could be any second, literally...Just my opinion.

1-25-2013 SteveI I did talk to a few of my contacts and I am being told that all is on track and going as planned. Yes there has been a delay on the final vote for the amended budget of 2013. I still believe by the end of this month for sure. If not, shortly thereafter, but I do not see it going very long into February. They are flat out of money and need the budget opened and implemented. I am still being told that they are out of Chapter VII and Iraq will make the announcement very soon. I do not think all of the laws and new transactions would be taking place if this was not a fact. I have read many great articles and it seem to be crunch time now to wrap things up and move forward. Many other forums are echoing the very same thing and they also feel by the 31st of this month.

1-25-2013 Breitling Nothing but good news. All of the business articles coming out are saying the right things & they have the right motivation. They say they redeveloped the banking sector and the banks are saying we are going out globally, we are going to bring people in, wealth in. I can't wait for it to revalue, to start pipping up. I hope it does it soon and I think that it can do it soon. I have never been in anything like this that has been so black and white on the potential.

1-25-2013 Med THE FIRST SIGNS THAT MALIKI HAS LOST A GRIP SHOWED UP TONIGHT. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TODAY THAT LAST YEAR WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED? [The ministers told Maliki to shove it] YES, EXACTLY AND HE WAS TOLD THAT NO ONE BUT PARLIAMENT CAN EXCUSE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL APPROVED BY PARLIAMENT. THE VOTE COUNT IS 40 VOTES SADRISTS, VONC [VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE]; 20 VOTES ISLAMIC COUNSEL, VONC; 75 VOTES IRAQI LIST, VONC; 55 VOTES KURDISTAN ALLIANCE, VONC. THEY HAVE 190. ONLY 163 MEMBERS HAVE TO VOTE, VONC. THEY HAVE 27 VOTES OF WIGGLE ROOM.