2-11-2013 Enorrste the staging rate is not a precursor to the RV. It IS the RV, after which the rate will rise on either a managed float or a free float until it reaches equilibrium. The CBI is on record that it will come out at "around a dollar." But it is also on record that it wants the value of the dinar to be at least what it was prior to Saddam' s regime, or $3.50. I have consistently held the view that Iraq is a sovereign country and that they alone are in control of the timing and the rate of the RV. I have never found any credible evidence to the contrary. Having said that, however, I will say that Shabibi is in regular contact with the IMF, having worked for them 20 years ago, and he keeps them informed of his plans. I do not believe, though, that the IMF dictates to Shabibi in any way in terms of timing or the rate. At one time we heard that up to 130 countries would revalue their currencies at the same time. For a short period I bought into this, until I thought it through. The simple fact is that many world currencies are already in a free floating mode. This means that they are already at their correct values. We see this daily as the pound, dollar, Euro, yen, and Canadian and Australian dollars fluctuate on the FOREX. Many other currencies do the same. Therefore we would have to ask this question: If they are already at equilibrium among themselves, how would a "world reset of currencies" improve things? The answer is that it would not improve things. Having said that, however, their are other currencies, such as the dinar, that are not free floating. Therefore it would not surprise me to see several currencies revalue at the same time. the CBI, through Saleh, has clearly expressed that it is their intention to make the dinar one of the strongest currencies in the world. They clearly have the resources, both in terms of reserves and in terms of underlying wealth, to achieve that goal, IMO.

2-11-2013 OCrush The reason they are postponing it and kicking the can to vote on the budget another day is because they don't even know when the closed door negotiations will be finalized. Once the head of the blocs are satisfied with the distribution of monies to each province there will be a special quorum on the floor of parliament to pass the budget. This could happen any day. Them saying another day or week for the vote is like I said they don't know when the negotiations will come to a satisfaction and vote on the budget.The unami delegations are also there to make this transparent and limit the corruption. The window for the budget is wide open for the vote to take place once the leaders are done. So forget the articles that come out postponing the budget for another day or week. Nobody knows when they will finish. For all we know they could have agreed this very minute and placing a vote as we speak!

2-11-2013 SteveI forget the articles saying it will not get gone this month. That is a bunch of baloney period. Let's all see what tomorrow brings us. We may be surprised and see this getting accomplished.

2-11-2013 Blaino I am waiting on 2 separate calls to baghdad and the surounding area, and thereby the truth of the matter...We have information that "it" has happened, "it" is happening and "it" is about to happen!

2-12-2013 Poppy3 WHILE THE 23[RD] HAS SIGNIFICANT'S IT IS NOT DEFINITE IN ANY WAY…THEY HAVE MET IN PRIVATE SEVERAL TIMES WITH THE IMF AND NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IF ANY DEALS HAVE BEEN AGREED ON ABOUT THE LOANS. TIME WILL TELL. I AM VERY GLAD TO SEE THEM OPENING THE PARLIAMENT SESSION AND STATING IT WILL REMAIN SO TILL THE BUDGET IS PASSED. ALSO DON'T BUY INTO THE BUDGET BEING THE FINAL STEP FOR THE RV...YES IT IS A GREAT STEP AND ONCE THEY GET MALIKI UNDER SOME FORM OF CONTROL OF HIS POWER THEN THE RV CAN COME FORTH TO US. THE BEST TIME WE COULD SEE OUR PEOPLE ARRIVE IN IRAQ WOULD BE AFTER THEY HAVE ALL AGREEMENT IN PLACE AND MALIKI NULLIFIED AND THEY ARE READY TO ANNOUNCE THE RV.

2-12-2013 Bluedog IMO we are being lied to and that this Budget is done...they just don't have the real Rate…we saw they went from 118 Trillion to 138 Billion that tells you what they know... but IMO there is a larger Rate that they are holding back and stalling Opening the Budget...this was all agreed to with the Kurds the 17% and so using that as a excuse is Bogus... they have a rate but its not the correct one…they have 86 cents.