4-10-2013 Adam Montana Another week has gone by with no RV, but no l0p either so we keep hanging in there. ...here is a quick summary: Maliki has decided to stop attending meetings, Parliament asked for 2 months off and it looks like they got one month off, Shabibi is still yapping about his innocence but is probably not going to ever get back into his former spot, Kuwait still wants Iraq out of Chapter 7 (but Iraq isn't going to push too hard until there's a good reason, like an RV), and the CBI announced that they are setting up "outlets" to sell hard currency. Now... I know that's a lot to absorb, so here's a few thoughts on it: first, I LOVE the news about the CBI setting up more "outlets" - they will definitely need those outlets to handle exchanging large denominations for lower denominations in the event of a major rate change! We don't expect Maliki to "conform" to anyone's expectations, so his absence does not concern me in the least - in fact, I WANT him to be a bit rebelious. He needs to get his "maverick" hat on in order to make a major rate change successful and finally, the fact that Kuwait is consistently pushing for a removal of Chapter 7 lately is very comforting.

4-10-2013 Poppy3 THE NEWS IS ALL GOOD...[BGG] AND I HAVE DISCUSSED ALL THE NEWS FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS AND THE PICTURE IS BRIGHT .

4-10-2013 Stryker the 2013 Fiscal Year Budget has been published in the Official Iraqi Justice Law Library, meaning that it has been published in the Iraq Gazette and now is official...funds should start flowing to the provinces for expenses and all the projects that are planed. Well, I am sorry to say but it looks like the amounts are in trillions of dinars and not at least billions of dinars so this could mean that the next window of opportunity could be mid year as several articles last year talked about when it comes to the Monetary Reform. Information from the CBI last year indicated that currency reform must be either at the beginning of a new fiscal year or at the midway point of a fiscal year. We have seen Iraq's calendar Fiscal Year start January 1, 2013 and now we have seen the Fiscal Budget year start with this publication with no change in their currency so IMO the next window will be July 1, 2013.

4-10-2013 Poppy3 I AM STILL NOT CONVINCED THE SMART CARD ARE CHARGED. WAITING TO GET THE NEWS FROM IRAQ. THE PUBLIC THERE WHERE TOLD THEY WOULD HAVE THEM ACTIVATED BY THE APRIL 1 THEN IT WAS POSTPONED TILL APRIL THE 3RD. THEN WHEN IT DIDNT HAPPEN THAT DAY THERE WAS NO NEW DATE SET. MANY OF THE DEMONSTRATIONS HAVE BEEN BECAUSE OF THE CARDS AND THE ISSUE FROM WHAT I AM HEARING IS STILL VALID. IF I GET A REPORT I WILL LET YOU KNOW ASAP. POPPY3

4-10-2013 Adam Montana [do you still feel as confident that Iraq will be released from Ch 7 soon, will they RV soon, will M get his 3rd term because he has more money?] This has been a long time in the making and we don't have any guarantee that it will end tomorrow, next week, or even next year. However, as you can see - there is definitely positive things happening and every day does bring us closer. I still see a very positive future for Iraq, so I'm sticking with it.

4-10-2013 Poppy3 They are moving in the right direction. First, the most exciting news to me is that Dr. Shabibi has officially become a free man & this opens the door for him to return as the CBI governor. We will wait & see if that takes place. The warrants are now out for Turki & I said that as long as Turki was in charge of the CBI, the IMF & the World Bank would not turn the RV loose as long as he was in charge. They didn't like him & did not want to work with him. He was not approved by them. Well, this opens the door, now that we have somebody that is available to be in charge that they trust. That is greatly in our favor. [post 1 of 4....stay tuned]

4-10-2013 Okie_Oil_Man I HAVE RECEIVED THE BEST NEW'S POSSIBLE JUST NOW--JUST HANG ON--THIS RIDE IS ALMOST OVER--I CAN'T ELABORATE MORE. THERE ARE SOME HAPPY IRAQI'S TONIGHT. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF VALIDATING AND CONFIRMING INTEL FURNISHED FROM IRAQ---NEWS (HOPEFULLY NOT RUMOR'S) POURING IN LIKE WATER OUT OF A BOOT--EVERYTHING I AM GETTING POINT'S TO THE END OF THE ROAD. I AM STILL WANTING VERIFICATION BEFORE POSTING "THE POST" MAY COME SOON--MAY NOT--WE'LL SEE-----LET'S ALL STAY GROUNDED AS WE HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE.

4-10-2013 Adam Montana [1. Maliki...good or bad for us in this investment? If he has to go how long before an RV after he is replaced? 2. Is it Iraq or the IMF who is controlling the RV or someone else?? 3. Shabbibi was he good or bad for us was his goal to bunny-ear the currency?] 1. Good or bad, he's the guy who will get the job done at this time. If he gets replaced, then the next "talking head" will do the job. I don't care who does it, as long as it gets done! 2. Iraq is in control of the rate, not the IMF. 3. Shabibi was bad for the potential to RV, which in my opinion has a LOT to do with his removal.

4-10-2013 Poppy3 I have calls into people in Bagdad to see what is being said by the public about the smart cards. A lot of people are reporting they are charged or are going to be charged. There are a lot of rumors about them. A lot of demonstrations are taking place because of the cards. I should know something tonight. One other interesting note on good authority is that the Kurdistan region representatives were visiting yesterday & today the IMF & UST. I have no reply as to why they are here & it is rumored that they were to meet with Obama, but can't verify that at all. Also, articles state that the U.S. has announced that they will back Barazani to replace Talabani. We have been waiting to hear reports on how Talabani is but we haven't been able to lock down on how he is.The info that Dr. Shabibi is a free man and the charges dropped against he & Mr. Hashimi, former Vice President, indicates to me that Maliki may have made a deal behind closed doors to retire and receive immunity from prosecution. Those to me are good reports & the fact that they both plan to return to Iraq is a strong message to me that something has gone on behind the scenes. These are things that are greatly in our favor.

4-10-2013 Poppy3 They are moving in the right direction. First, the most exciting news to me is that Dr. Shabibi has officially become a free man & this opens the door for him to return as the CBI governor. We will wait & see if that takes place. The warrants are now out for Turki & I said that as long as Turki was in charge of the CBI, the IMF & the World Bank would not turn the RV loose as long as he was in charge. They didn't like him & did not want to work with him. He was not approved by them. Well, this opens the door, now that we have somebody that is available to be in charge that they trust. That is greatly in our favor.

4-10-2013 Okie_Oil_Man I HAVE RECEIVED THE BEST NEW'S POSSIBLE JUST NOW--JUST HANG ON--THIS RIDE IS ALMOST OVER--I CAN'T ELABORATE MORE. THERE ARE SOME HAPPY IRAQI'S TONIGHT. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF VALIDATING AND CONFIRMING INTEL FURNISHED FROM IRAQ---NEWS (HOPEFULLY NOT RUMOR'S) POURING IN LIKE WATER OUT OF A BOOT--EVERYTHING I AM GETTING POINT'S TO THE END OF THE ROAD. I AM STILL WANTING VERIFICATION BEFORE POSTING "THE POST" MAY COME SOON--MAY NOT--WE'LL SEE-----LET'S ALL STAY GROUNDED AS WE HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE.

4-10-2013 Poppy3 I have calls into people in Bagdad to see what is being said by the public about the smart cards. A lot of people are reporting they are charged or are going to be charged. There are a lot of rumors about them. A lot of demonstrations are taking place because of the cards. I should know something tonight. One other interesting note on good authority is that the Kurdistan region representatives were visiting yesterday & today the IMF & UST. I have no reply as to why they are here & it is rumored that they were to meet with Obama, but can't verify that at all. Also, articles state that the U.S. has announced that they will back Barazani to replace Talabani. We have been waiting to hear reports on how Talabani is but we haven't been able to lock down on how he is. The info that Dr. Shabibi is a free man and the charges dropped against he & Mr. Hashimi, former Vice President, indicates to me that Maliki may have made a deal behind closed doors to retire and receive immunity from prosecution. Those to me are good reports & the fact that they both plan to return to Iraq is a strong message to me that something has gone on behind the scenes. These are things that are greatly in our favor.

4-11-2013 Delta ON 4/9 THE BUDGET WAS SHOWING IN THE GAZETTE BUT MOST OF YOU DID NOT NOTICE THAT THE PUBLISHED DATE WAS SHOWING 04/10 SO THE EFFECTIVE DATE WAS SUPPOSE TO TAKE PLACE TODAY 04/11 . BUT WAIT TODAY IS AN OFFICIAL HOLIDAY. THAT'S MEAN NO ONE GET PAID. [so when WILL they get paid...on Sunday or Monday?] SOMETIMES NEXT WEEK ....BUT REMEMBER THIS IS IRAQ. IMO THEY HAVE TO RV FIRST. [How long do you expect them to continue to hold the rate?] IMO THIS MONTH THEY HAVE TO DO IT.

4-11-2013 Poppy3 JUST OFF PHONE WITH BAGDAD . NO LOWER DENOMS IN CIRCULATION, SMART CARDS ARE NOT CHARGED AND THE PEOPLE DON'T TRUST WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT NEXT WEEK AND HE INFORMED ME THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD NOW 6 DIFFERENT TIMES THAT THE CARDS WOULD BE CHARGED AND THEY HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH ONE WORD. PEOPLE ARE EXTREMELY MAD AND HE IS AFRAID IF THEY DON'T SEE SOME SINCERE PROGRESS THEY WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVIL WAR BREAK OUT. HE SAYS THE ATMOSPHERE ON THE STREETS IS NOT GOOD. THE PEOPLE ARE HOPING THE STATEMENT ABOUT NEXT WEEK FOR THE CARDS TO BE CHARGED IS FACTUAL BUT HAVE NO FAITH IN GOVERNMENT. POPPY3

4-11-2013 Okie_Oil_Man IT LOOK'S LIKE I WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE BANK'S ACROSS THE POND OPEN'S BEFORE ABSOLUTE CONFIRMATION CAN BE OBTAINED. I HAVE RECEIVED REPORT'S FROM STATESIDE THAT IS FIRM BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE.

4-11-2013 SteveI [what do you think we are waiting on now] we are waiting on (not much) because most is done. Pressure is on. Ocrush knows for a fact that several laws have been passed and not published. All of this will unfold at once. I do not know when, but when you are out of money and pressure is building between the ministers, something will give very soon. as to timing, it will not be next year but sooner. More like this month if all goes according to the passing of the final laws. Few more laws and then you will see it.

4-11-2013 Delta [So the budget printing in the Gazette means what now?] THE VALUE HAS TO INCREASE I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH, BUT I KNOW THAT IRAQI GOV SPEND ABOUT 7 TRI DINAR A MONTH JUST FOR SALARY, ALSO WE KNOW THAT THERE IS NOT MUCH IQD IN THE BANKS CUZ CBI GOT MOST OF THEM . THE BUDGET FOR 2013 WAS WRITTEN LIKE I SAID, SAMPLE : ( 119000000000)X THOUSAND DINAR. SINCE NO ONE KNOWS THE RATE. I WILL GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE IF IRAQ WANTS TO RV 1-1 THE ONLY THING THEY NEED TO DO IS TO TAKE OFF THE THOUSAND DINAR NEXT TO THE NUMBER.

4-11-2013 SteveI Ok, one more thing about the rate in the budget. The budget was derived with a rate and therefore no line item will show it, so quit looking. I will stake my entire live on the rate I am giving you plus or minus a few pennies. I have always promised to share good or bad news regardless, but I just have no bad news to share.