4-22-2013 Stryker I remember reading somewhere on the IMF website years ago that a country must have a stable Monetary System and Exchange Rate Regime prior to making a change in its Monetary System or changing to a new Exchange Rate Regime and folks we are seeing both talked about a lot here lately. So when I see so much interest put on Iraq's market rate needing to be more inline with their official exchange rate and then also read that before they can delete the zeros (next phase) this also needs done it gets my attention. All great signs of what is to come, in my personal opinion anyway.

4-22-2013 Okie_Oil_Man GOOD MONDAY AFTERNOON AMERICA, SHIP'S AT SEA AND ALL OUR WORLD WIDE FRIEND'S. TODAY IS A DAY OF INDESCRIBABLE ACTIVITY GOING ON PRESENTLY BRINGING OUR DREAM'S TO FRUITION. AS I STATED LAST WEEK I UNDERSTAND THIS IS THE MOST PROMISING WEEK WE HAVE EVER HAD AND ALL INDICATOR'S TODAY SEEM'S TO PROVE THAT STATEMENT. I AM ON TOP OF THE SITUATION AND WILL REPORT ANY ACTIVITY LATER ON TODAY IF I RECEIVE IT IN. THINGS ARE EXCELLENT THIS AFTERNOON.

4-22-2013 Tlar We have heard from both the CBI and the COM. The CBI has announced they are independent and they are preceding with the deletion of the zeros. The COM is looking into the best ways to implement the Tariff and Taxes law based on 2 articles that came yesterday and today. IMO there would be no reason to be trying to find a way to implement this law if in fact they were not on board with the CBI on deletion of the zeros.

4-22-2013 Poppy3 THEY HAVEN'T DONE THE WORK TO STABLEIZE THEIR GOI, ECONOMY, PARLIMENT YET?? THEY STILL HAVEN'T TO OUR KNOWLEGE DONE ANYTHING TO CONTROL MALIKI AND PROTECT THE MONEY FROM HIM AND I DON'T SEE THE IMF, WORLD BANK, ALLOWING THE RV WITH HIM STILL IN POWER. YES THEY ARE GETTING DESPERATE WORLD WIDE FOR THE RV AND TO SAVE MANY CURRENCIES. WE ARE SEEING AND HEARING SOME GOOD THINGS AND POSSIBILITIES BUT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED SO I FOR ONE AM WAITING TILL THEY ARE CONFIRMED. POPPY3

4-22-2013 BGG Aricle: "Preliminary results of Iraq’s elections point to a resounding defeat for Maliki" I don’t know that I’m ready to “call it” just yet…but this surely points at the future for Maliki. He’ll either be taken over by the opposition or taken over by those in his own party. It looks to be coming. I’m also hearing something of the same vague rumblings from true “sources”…

4-22-2013 Tlar We know that last year the COM postponed the deletion of the zeros saying that they should be started on July 1st. There has been no article from the COM saying that they wish to postpone it again. To me this is all positive news. So until the COM comes out against the deletion of the zeros, wishing to postpone it again, I assume that their last word on this subject still stands. At the point such an article postponing the deletion of the zeros surfaces from the COM, I will see this differently. Until then, I think its a go.

4-23-2013 Kaperoni Article quote: "Discussed the Iraqi Central Bank Governor Abdul Basit Turki in Washington, the protection of Iraqi funds and reserves of the Central Bank and the Development Fund for Iraq, with the U.S. Federal Reserve in New York." We all need to accept that there is a likelyhood that nothing will happen to the dinar as long as Maliki is in office. I hope I am wrong, but he does not seem to want to give in. I continue to be amazed though that so many in the GOI want Iraq to move forward with economic reforms. Vice President Khudair Khuzaie came out a few weeks ago and said "..activate the strategic framework agreement signed between Iraq and the United States, with all its provisions..." I just am baffled why so many want to move forward, yet nothing gets done. I am hoping the threat of losing all this money to creditors is enough. If Obama protects it again for another year were screwed. So far so good...but we will see.

4-23-2013 Doc Several have asked why we did not jump on the articles about "deleting the zeros" from a week ago. The answer is simply. First several were recycled from several years ago and secondly we always wait several days to get the full impact. And true to form as many it "ain't going to happen" articles have appeared over the last few days. One of these did catch our eye because it pretty well summed up the situation as we've been reporting for months. As quoted "the time is still too early to delete three zeros from the Iraqi currency at the present time because this issue needs to succeed economic stability operation." In other words the criteria for this to happen is stability and the article goes on to say both politically and economically.What we are more interested in is the poker game being played with the billions of dollars held in the DFI. The international community appears to be using this as one of their aces against Maliki. A recent article is quoted as "the message boils down to that the U.S. administration is not interested in the protection of Iraqi funds in the Development Fund for Iraq account the "DFI" of the Iraqi Ministry of Finance." What will be interesting is how Maliki will ultimately respond. One thing for certain is he will respond in his best interest and not the peoples'. If protection is extended and Maliki continues as is we are afraid this ride could continue for some time. What ever happens it will come to a head by late May and we should have a clearer picture. Speaking of Maliki a recent article quoted as Maliki would not be seeking a third term. We caution everyone to not get overly excited in that this is a lone article and even if it is a quote of Maliki's he is notorious for not doing what he says. This does suggest the peoples' love for him has waned substantially. This coupled with the clerics' call for his resignation suggests Maliki is under great internal pressure to resign also. This we see as a good thing. Our opinion continues that the golden egg is to get to a power sharing GOI structure and most likely will require Maliki to be dealt with to get there. We can only hope an under the table deal has been struck with Maliki for his resignation or to not seek a third term and hence the public news statement that he would not run. Basically every thing remains as its been for months now. There has been no RV. There are no tier cash outs happening now. No one bank will have this on their screen before all other banks. The lower denoms are not in the market. Iraq has not been released from chapter 7. We could go on but you get the overall picture. We simply sit and wait for the golden egg - stability!. We report, you decide.