12-11-2013 Delta [via robdel] Iraq is to be inducted into the WTO on the 29th of this month, thats a Sunday. Now here is the exciting thing, he said that Iraq must have a tradable currency and be in total Article 8 compliance two weeks prior to the 29th. In case you don't know, Article 8 says that Iraq can only use their own currency in country. They cant use US Dollars! So that is saying we are at the 2-week crucible right now!

12-11-2013 Randy Koonce [via clay] Tarriffs have been starting for 1 year so this means nothing. [can this rv holdup be O not wanting more wealthy people as he wants equal $ for all and what about the mastercard and visa cards in January?] Nothing will happen unless they RV...there is a small chance for RV before the 1st.

12-11-2013 TNT Tony The other day when Santa started his trip they brought in everybody, bank security, call center folks, etc. and frustrated everybody. They were very upset it didn't happen. They made a decision that they are not coming in until this actually happens. That decision was made at a very very high level, but they showed up last night. There was some parties, beer & champagne and the reason...The RV is done.The IMF is satisfied and the BIS is also. Everybody is saying they are satisfied. I thought I'd wake to it this morning and be on my way to the bank but they have a plan they think will be less chaotic. The rates are live & have not changed, but I'm not supposed to give them out but they are still the high. They not showing on teller screens yet. The only thing left is to make the announcement. We feel it's today/tomorrow.

12-11-2013 Millionday "now after entering Iraq to item VIII of the UN Charter, it is important to move the government in this aspect for the purpose of obtaining formal classification to achieve the required development after the entry of foreign investment into the country." this is great that they are now entering VIII item of the UN charter in this stage -- it is much better and what is needed for the global entry. so now due to the change they have to maintain currency stability and be ready to hold on to all dates set for the globe and move forward... this is the credit rating set to move forward to global trade.

12-11-2013 Kaperoni The CBI must meet the IMF conditions before they will let them transition out of the current monetary policy. So the bottom line, is that as soon as the CBI can demonstrate they can manage the dinar in Iraq, the IMF will probably give them the green light to transition to Article VIII. Saleh ...is really pushing for them to move to Article VIII and get the dinar out which will help with the credit rating.Article VIII is the key for us and remains the key. Article VIII is what the CBI strives for. The key to entering Article VIII is meeting the IMF requirements listed in the annual Article IV consultations. So really the bottom line is that the CBI cannot do anything just yet...but they are trying...That means lowering the spread through the auctions and the possible bond sales. If they achieve that goal soon, anything can happen. IMO, if the CBI wanted it down before Jan 1 they could do it...its very achievable.

12-12-2013 Adam Montana [It has been reported recently that there has been a decline in the economy of The Kurdistan region because of the unstable security situation, as far as the selling, import and export of stuff. Yet there is the new Kurd oil pipeline with Turkey, and its sister on the way. My question is will all this actually effect the RV of this investment/speculation as in a massive delay?] I don't see it causing any further delays, I believe we are looking at things that are positive for Iraq as a whole, which includes the Kurds. In fact, I see the progress the Kurds making with Turkey etc as a HUGE positive for us, because it's going to force Baghdad to step up and not lose control of a major part of their wealth.

12-12-2013 Tlar Article: "With the intensification of the debate about the move .. Did you witness the next year the process of deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency?" The last thing the CBI wanted is to give them a heads up on their plans because...Iraqi's will attempt to take advatage of this news. The run on the banks is a pretty good reason for the CBI to immediately say no to January in one fashion or another...the articles have said not now, not in January and maybe not in 2014. I personally think that's crap. These confusing articles are an attempt to make Iraqi's stop pulling money out of their bank accounts. The CBI has a plan and it is the right time to implement it, and I believe it is still on. ...I understand the CBI had to say its postponed, whether it is true or not. Its their job to protect their currency.

12-12-2013 Loechin On Dec 28 Iraq becomes a member of the WTO and to do so must have an international currency. Fourteen days prior to that the currency must be tradeable. Hint do the math.

12-12-2013 Kaperoni Banks do not like risk. And for one, Wells Fargo is the most conservative bank in the US, they will be the last to the table to cash iraqi dinar. believe me, it does not matter who you are, or how much dinar you have, banks will not want to participate in high risk emerging markets. That is a fact. And spreads if they do will exceed 10%.More importantly...the CBI has concerns over the dinar we hold. They want central validation of the dinar and the CBI is has signed a contract with a central validation of the paper dinar which more than likely puts the dinar cash in process through a Market Maker. central validation is very important to the CBI because they are responsible for each and every dinar. Even if it never goes back to Iraq. the last thing the CBI wants is fake dinar, converted to e-dinar ["electronic"].

12-12-2013 TerryK UST PERSON...SENT ME A EMAIL THIS AM. PART OF IT: "Good morning!!! I heard there was a change made yesterday according to Forex." THIS MEANS THAT THINGS ARE MOVING IN FOREX WHICH IS GOOD. SO THAT CRYPTIC NOTE TELLS ME WITHOUT SAYING WE ARE THERE.