Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Might have something here -- imf timeline for gov. Banks and major capitol increases

Thanks

Potential Date Exposed -- IMF Timeline for gov. Banks

DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION REQUIRES CROSS REFERENCING FOR VALIDITY!!!!!

TEAM,

I need your help! During my IMF research last night I stumbled across the following in the latest Letter of Intent for Iraq. I BELIEVE WE STUMBLED ACROSS A TIMELINE!!! Please help me confirm.

Iraq: Letter of Intent, Memorandum of Economic and Financial
    Policies, and Technical Memorandum of Understanding
    http://www.imf.org/external/np/loi/2010/irq/020810.pdf

Paragraph 22 -- Page 10

The banking sector is in urgent need of reform to foster financial intermediation andenable banks to contribute to the development of a strong private sector. With the help of the
    World Bank and other international agencies, we have developed a banking sector reform
    strategy. The first important step will be to finalize the restructuring of Rafidain and Rasheed
    banks, based on their completed financial and operational audits. In this regard, the foreign
    liabilities incurred by Rafidain and Rasheed on behalf of the previous regime and the large
    suspense accounts will need be removed from these banks’ balance sheets. We aim to
    complete the restructuring of the balance sheets of Rafidain and Rasheed by June 30, 2010.
    Once their balance sheets are cleaned up and restructured, based on the decision already
    made by the Economic Committee, the capital of Rafidain and Rasheed will be raised to
    ID500 billion and ID400 billion, respectively.

THERE'S MORE - #4 AND #5

Table 2. Iraq: Prior Actions and Structural Benchmarks Under the Stand-By Arrangement
    II. Structural Benchmarks Date Status
    Program Safeguards and Central Banking

1. Completion by an external auditor of the audit of the CBI 2008 financial
    statements in accordance with International Standards on Auditing. March 31, 2010

2. Prepare and submit to the Governor of the CBI monthly reports on the status of
    the CBI's investment portfolio, in light of the investment criteria established in the
    reserve management guidelines.
    March 31, 2010

3. Provide to IMF staff: (i) the completed special audit data as of December 31,
    2009, including on the CBI’s net international reserves and net domestic assets,
    and (ii) the draft 2009 audited financial statements and draft management letter.
    March 31, 2010

Bank Restructuring
    4. Completion of the restructuring of the balance sheets of Rasheed and Rafidain
    banks. June 30, 2010

Public Financial Management
    5. Complete review of all accounts in the banking system that are classified as
    central government accounts and reconcile them with Treasury records, returning
    any idle balances received from the budget to the central Treasury.March 31, 2010

6. Submit

 to the Board of Supreme Audit and to the Council of Representatives the
    final accounts of the Federal Budget for the year ending December 31,
    2008; March 31, 2010

 to the Council of Representatives and publish the audited accounts of the
    Federal Budget for the years ending December 31, 2005 and December
    31, 2006; and March 31, 2010

 to the Board of Supreme Audit and to the Council of Representatives the
    final accounts of the Federal Budget for the year ending December 31,
    2009. September 30, 2010

PLEASE REVIEW PDF FILE AT IMF SITE FOR ITEMS 7 - 15 -- LINK IS ABOVE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'M NOT SURE BUT, AND I WOULD HAVE TO CHECK SOME ACCOUNTING RULES, BUT WHEN THEY SAY "REMOVE INCURRED LIABILITIES" AND "RAISE CAPITAL TO 500 BILLION ID AND 400 BILLION ID RESPECTIVELY", IF THAT COULD EQUATE TO RV TIME!

I'LL BE MAKING CALLS ON THIS IN THE MORNING BUT IF ANYBODY COULD PROVIDE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

SCOOTER

Thanks
    Sorry -- Had to change title ---

Scooter

Thanks
    Scooter, well done.

Selkirk, how are you..

Thanks
    good find Scoot....get any new info on that yet? Hangin out in the forums today .

Nance
    Took me awhile to get my head around this - but it makes perfect sense!

Thanks
    So NOW we are looking at June30th? If they have to give a 6 month window to turn in the large demonination notes that would make everything like the LOP or whatever you want to call the dropping of the 000 finish by December 30th, and the new year deadline met, starting the new year fresh and clean. Is their calender year the same as ours? January 1st being a NEW YEAR? As much as I would like to see the RV take place before that, it makes sense if the article is true and not a fabrication which we have all seen soooo many times before.. JMHO

Thanks
    Swampyjackpot,

Good question! Their fiscal calendar year is the same -- starts January 1 through December 31. Here's another link to pay attention to:

http://www.iamb.info/auditrep/DMSDR1...rom%20KPMG.PDF

It's the draft audit from KPMG regarding the Development Fund for Iraq -- Year end results December 31, 2009 -- IAMB Meeting April 28, 2010 -- Paris, France.

Take a look and tell me what you think.

Scooter

+ Reply to Thread