8-9-2014 tman23 I was told there are 2 items at the top of the agenda...Security and economic. To be more direct it was said secure the political situation and secure the bank. That is the shortest version of todays special Parliament meeting but describes it all. And, IMO, It appears Jabouri went to Erbil to finalize some paperwork with the Kurds. A sign to look for...In 2011 Kurdistan stopped raising the Iraqi flag in protest to Baghdad not living up to the agreements. Today, (Saturday) after the Parliament special session Jabouri went to Erbil with "forms" for Kurdistan to "review". Jabouri's canceled Sundays session...He will be in ERBIL! This means we should have the NAME on Monday...and there are whispers that the Peshmerga and Federal military are coordinating assaults on militants. The sign to look for (after Monday) is the Kurds flying 2 flags together. This will be HUGE!

8-9-2014 Tlar Article quote: "President Fuad Masum, will cost a candidate of the National Alliance to form the next government as the biggest bloc, while ruling out the assignment for the State of Law coalition." What a great article. It sets the stage for a PM nominee on Sunday/Monday. Depending on who it is we could see his ministerial list the same day also...the government won't be seated...once a new PM nominee acceptable to all is chosen, you can consider the government set.

8-9-2014 BGG and Chattels Article quote: "The parliamentary sources earlier revealed earlier on Saturday (July 9, 2014), the Presidency of the Parliament decided to postpone the House session scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday) until next Monday." [so...no parliament session Sunday?] not according to the latest i have seen. ultimately Parliament will only put a stamp of approval on the nominee once they have been chosen. Massoum could choose the nominee today. there is no requirement for a meeting of any kind.

8-9-2014 Bondlady ISIS...shifted their attention to Erbil but I think...they will head back towards Baghdad and I feel like there IS a plan - the USA will act to protect its interest and the green zone is in Baghdad and no one knows the DEPTH of our interest within the biggest embassy ever built in the world. I think its about to come to an end... It's tough but I feel like its all going to be ok just hang in there and pray for the innocent lost in Iraq.

8-9-2014 TerryK [via freeway2] the rate for the dinar is $8.16 and the Dong $2.21...

8-9-2014 Doc Our time table continues as last reported in that do not expect any significant currency appreciation through end of this year at a minimum...simply stated the fundamentals are just not in place to support appreciation any time soon. Our insiders continue to support this view. Remember a strong currency needs both fundamental laws in place and a STABLE government neither of which exists currently. We do believe the government issue will eventually resolve itself. If Iraq truly can form a inclusive government then much of the ISIS support will quickly fade with the general population. Unfortunately this is a monumental task in their culture and one in which Maliki failed miserably. What we expect to see in the next 3-6 months is more of the same. Iraq is notorious for not meeting timelines and commitments and we expect this to continue. The naming of a PM and formation of a new government will take longer than is being reported. Once this happens it will take some time for it to become fully functional and get on with the business of government. We are hopeful at this point the masses will see a more inclusive philosophy and some sense of stability will be obtained. It is most likely the CBI will not entertain any thought of currency reform until these events occur. We report, you decide.

8-9-2014 Millionday Article quote: "...the first deputy chairman of the Council of Representatives Haider Abadi yesterday for the House of Representatives decided to return the draft federal budget for the current year to the government..." SO THEY NOW HAVE THE BUDGET IN HAND – THAT IS HUGE AND FAST COMPARED TO ANYTHING WE HAVE SEEN IN THE LAST TEN YEARS THAT IS FOR SURE.

8-9-2014 Tlar Personally I...believe this government will have selected and nominated its PM as they themselves have said, by Monday. Turki has said he is ready, willing and able to make the monetary change. The CBI has printed the smalls and they are just waiting the go ahead which if we believe Turki is the government issue "settled". Circulating currency is at an all time low and Iraq has essentially dollarized. The dinars that are still circulating are more protected than they have ever been as far as potential counterfeiting goes as the new 250, 500 and 1000 are being replaced as they come into the banks and have been being replaced since the beginning of the year. The banks are mostly hooked up internationally and the controls on money laundering along with accountability are in place. They are IMF article VIII compliant and the WTO just needs to stamp the document approving ascension. Turki will follow the governments lead. When the government is seated, Turki will release the currency as he himself has stated.

8-9-2014 tman23 Personally I struggle with the thought of a RV while the US is engaged and under the microscope of world reporting. How do you explain such an event when reports of chaos and terrorism are highlighted daily. But, then I was told that certain Gulf countries were warned that counterfeiting a countries currency is a declaration of war recognized by the whole international community. So why this warning now?

8-10-2014 Chattels From my friend watching live: WAITING FOR THE PRINT ON IT, THIS IS HAPPENING LIVE...HOLD ON, FLASHING ADJOURNED UNTIL 8/19. BIG TROUBLES AGAIN...EVERYONE IS OUTSIDE YELLING AT EACH OTHER. SEEMS THEY VOTED ON THE COMMITTEES AND NOW THEY MOVED THE REGULAR 12TH MEETING TO THE 19TH, BUT STILL WAITING IN THE CONFUSION TO SEE IF THEY DECIDED THE BIGGEST BLOC YET. SAME FIGHT BROKE OUT AGAIN TODAY, NOW JOBOURI WILL MEET WITH FUAD, MALIKI, AND JAAFARI TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

8-10-2014 Millionday Report quote: "President Fuad Masum Friday evening to the city of Erbil..." THE PRESIDENT IS IN ERBIL AND HAS ARRIVED FOR THE PURPOSE OF RESOLVE. IT IS SO OBVIOUS THAT HE IS GOING TO BE GOOD FOR IRAQ AS HE IS PUTTING HIS PRIORITIES THE RESOLVE OF THE POWER SHARING GOV. IT SEEMS THAT IF THEY DO NOT HAVE IT DONE BY TOMORROW [SUNDAY] (THE END OF TIMELINE) -- THE PRESIDENT IS PREPARING TO PLACE A PM -- HE HAD SAID BEFORE HE WOULD NOT SO THIS IS GREAT NEWS. AS WE SEE WE HAVE HUGE HOPE AND SO DO THEY THAT A PRIME MINISTER WILL BE NAMED...THIS IS GOING ON THIS WEEKEND. [Guru] BGG...VERIFIED THAT THEY ARE MEETING SUNDAY AND NOT MONDAY...SO IT IS NOT POSTPONED.

8-10-2014 lojak Obama said on his weekly address...that once the new PM of Iraq is seated--which should be anytime, a coalition of countries will be going in to eradicate ISIS. The govt will be done very shortly...and the CBI has publicly said what they were waiting on.

8-10-2014 BGG Parliament does not have to be in session. This is on Massoum - Period...he calls the largest bloc to bring forward their nominee who is then the one to "form the Gov't"...this nominee has 30 days. [As I understand the Parliament will only vote to seat the whole govt not just the PM is that correct?] if he cannot - or cannot get a plurality of support once he does "form" (from Parliament - in the form of votes) then Massoum will choose another candidate. [Do you feel the govt has to be seated or just a PM to be named to see a possible RV?] IMHO - just the PM. [do you think Massoum will announce the PM soon?] Yes. I do.

8-10-2014 Jester IT SEEMS AS IF THINGS ARE HAPPENING RAPIDLY TOWARD GETTING THE GOVERNMENT SEATED... AND...IF THEY DO THEN A LOT OF PROBLEMS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES.

8-10-2014 Kaperoni ...the dinar in circulation is simply worn out. And the reprinting of notes is to replace those...nothing more...the CBI has a responsibility to maintain exchange rate stability, foreign currency auctions, etc (monetary policy). until the such time they decide to exit Article XIV and enter Article VIII. This is nothing more than part of that process. The current dinar is not expiring, nor ending nor have a timeframe. The IQD is the currency of Iraq. IMO, the value of the dinar will not change until the CBI makes that decision to go to Article VIII as part of the transition to a market economy. The rise in value is part of a broader economic plan as the Article IV Consultation stated "Balassa-Samuelson" effect. There is no overnight RV, its not happening tonight, tomorrow or after the GOI is seated...It will rise in value only as part (result) of the transition to a market economy and a influx of capital.