11-22-2014 Backdoc TUESDAY WE SAW IRAQ RECEIVE A LOAN FROM THE IMF, WED. THAT MONEY WORKED ITS WAY INTO THE BIG STATE BANKS FOR REFORM AND ON THURS. WE SAW THE KURDS WERE PAID 500 MILLION DOLLARS FOR SALARIES. THIS WAS AN UNPRECEDENTED AGREEMENT BY THE GOVT. AND THE KURDS ON THE OIL AND GAS LAW. THIS AGREEMENT HAS LEAD TO FURTHER PROGRESS OVER THE WEEK LEADING TO A SIGNED WORKING AGREEMENT ON COMPLETING THE NEW HCL LAW. THE HCL LAW, FEDERAL COURT AND PARTIES LAW, AND AMNESTY LAW LOOK TO BE PASSED ALL AT ONE TIME. THE PREPARATION FOR THOSE LAWS ARE AND HAVE BEEN UNDERWAY NOW FOR SOME TIME NOW, MOST NOTABLY THE HCL. ON TUES. WE SEE PARLIAMENT BACK IN SESSION TO POTENTIALLY REVISIT THE PASSAGE OF THESE IMPORTANT LAWS! YESTERDAY THE GOI TOLD ALL STATE DEPARTMENTS TO BEGIN EXCLUSIVELY USING THE DINAR OVER THE DOLLAR FOR ALL FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS. EVEN THE AIRPORT WAS INFORMED TO DO THE SAME. BUSINESSES WERE ALSO INVITED TO DO THE SAME. THAT WORKS FINE FOR DIGITAL BUT NOT SO WELL OUTSIDE THAT ARENA! WHAT THIS WILL DO IS BEGIN MAKING A MARKET FOR THEIR NUMBER 1 PRODUCT, THEIR CURRENCY!! BINGO! THEY ALSO STATED THIS WEEK THAT THEIR CURRENCY IS UNDERVALUED...I LIKE THE RECIPE THIS IS MAKING! CREATING DEMAND FOR A CURRENCY IN HOUSE FIRST, TELLING US THEIR NUMBER 1 PRODUCT IS UNDERVALUED AND THE OIL AND GAS LAW LOOKING TO HAVE THE WRAPS PUT ON! JUST TO PUT A CHERRY ON TOP...WE SAW SOME SERIOUS CURRENCY FLUCTUATION YESTERDAY! JUST TESTING? OR THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING MORE TO COME?

11-22-2014 Adam Montana [ I keep reading that the HCL is done and then it isn't done. When it is really done, what other laws need to be passed before we see a RV. I know you don't have a crystal ball, but how long will this go on before we see an RV?] NO laws have to be passed to RV - the CBI could do it today if they wanted to. But they aren't going to do it until the HCL is done because they need that revenue engine firing on all cylinders in order to sustain the rate they choose. Without the HCL, Iraq is only running on a few cylinders.

11-22-2014 TerryK STILL HEARING THAT IT'S THE FIRST OF THE WEEK...SOURCES SAY ANYTIME FROM THIS PAST THURSDAY ON...BUT FEEL LIKE FIRST OF THE WEEK.

11-22-2014 BGG I did have it reported to me over the last couple of days - on Iraq TV MP's are talking openly about "encouraging" the CBI to start the "project to delete the zero's" immediately...somewhat "rumorish" - but based on who and where it comes from - I'm fairly confident it's good info.

11-23-2014 Aggiedad77 Article: "One oil refinery in Erbil: Dh start Kirkuk oil to Turkey via the Kurdistan line after a week of Baghdad agreement - Erbil" Either way you look at this news...the Kurds are the real winners here. They have gained 150,000 barrels of oil per day by being allowed to flow the Kirkuk oil thru their pipeline, on the face of things, they are saying they "are giving 150,000 barrels of oil per day to Baghdad, but the truth is they are "gaining" this 150,000 barrels of oil to add to their production. And if this is the truth, they are making some very worthwhile gains regarding Article 140 at the same time, the ownership of Kirkuk an area that has been in dispute for a number of years. Any way you look at this agreement it is a WIN WIN WIN for the Kurds...and a WIN I think for all of Iraq because it triggers the HCL in the end as well as Article 140 resolution. Of course triggering these two big events also SHOULD trigger things on more of an international level for the world.

11-23-2014 tlm724 Article: "Economist urges the Government to deal in local currency instead of dollars" Economist urges the Government to deal in local currency instead of dollars. They keep repeating this, the push is on baby! Quote: "The adoption of governmental institutions in financial transactions on the foreign currency, especially the dollar is not desirable and not supporting Iraq economically..." stressing that the advancement of the Iraqi economy is through this step. Quote: "has called for some state institutions to local currency adoption of the US dollar rather than in their dealings to raise its value against the dollar to support the Iraqi economy" to raise its value! each day brings us more insight into how they are doing this, step by step ! De-dollarize! [ I think the beginning of 2015 is going to be very special!] I agree...

11-23-2014 TD Here are the facts before us... So the GOI has announced severe austerity measures. The IMF has provided emergency loans. The GDP in 2014 has shrunk. Oil prices are plunging, cash reserves are tapped out. There is NO foreign capital investments based on all of the above and still no progress on transformation into a market driven economy. And lastly, the security situation still remains as the 800 pound gorilla in the room. So, you can look at the glass half full or half empty but in REALITY, I can't even find the ANY water to pour into the glass right now!