1-11-2015 sczin11 Article quote: "Khandan -ali Naji Stressed the coalition of citizen's parliamentary bloc (ISCI), the House of Representatives that the followers of former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, does not affect the work of the Iraqi Council of Representatives" ANOTHER HUGE STATEMENT... MALIKI AND HIS SUPPORTERS, ARE SMALL IN NUMBERS, AND BASICALLY, NOT INFLUENTIAL IN THE RUNNING OF THE "NEW IRAQ!" ...they have become a minority is impressive and the number does not exceed the fingers of one hand.

1-11-2015 tman23 ...if the US exchanges IQD and holds it in the coffers...Iraq is under the US control for years to come...No matter the price of oil...The USA would control their economy...So there are plenty of reasons for a $3.40 plus rate...A slow float doesn't float anything...it sinks!

1-11-2015 Aggiedad77 This has to be the first time since at least 2006 that "security and stability" of an Iraqi government can seriously have any meaning at all...when the leadership can actually put coherent thought processes together that create unity...one can easily see how security and stability would tend to follow...they have....IMO...pushed the can down the road in a proactive manner...since Sept 8, 2014...look for the steam to pick up I believe in this first quarter of 2015...a strong GOI...and Parliament...something I would have not thought possible from Iraq just a year ago.

1-11-2015 Chattels Article Quote: "The President of the House of Representatives, Salim al competent parliamentary committees to hold meetings with stakeholders to discuss the budget for fiscal 2015 to be next Monday, the last day to complete the discussion of the budget to allow the Finance Committee for study and preparation of the final wording before the vote..." i continue to believe that the discussion and amendment to the budget will result in a final revision and vote four days after the final reading...such may be as early as MOnday which makes a vote possible on next weekend, the 17 / 18th.

1-12-2015 Aggiedad77 Article: "Iraq delivers a building inside the Green Zone to the Saudi delegation to re-open its embassy" Iraq offers up the old Saudi embassy facility to the Saudi's who are coming back to town and are expected to be operational within the next 2 months...doors continue to be open that were sealed years ago...and progress continues to be made in positive directions.

1-12-2015 sczin11 [is there a possibility something happening end of this month?] NO ONE IN DINARLAND, INCLUDING ME, KNOWS THE DATE OR RATE...WE LOOK FOR TRIGGERS, AND USE OUR BEST EDUCATION, UNDERSTANDING, LOGIC, ETC... TO FIND THE TRIGGER.

1-12-2015 Jester ...I DO NOT DO RATE OR DATE... BUT... THE LAST TIME FRAME I GAVE WAS AFTER... REPEAT AFTER... THE 15TH... WHICH IS CLOSE... I ASKED EARLIER IF THAT NEEDED TO BE MOVED YET... AND DO NOT HAVE TO AT THIS TIME...IT IS THE INFORMATION WE HAVE RIGHT NOW...WE WILL HAVE TO SEE HOW IT PLAYS OUT... BUT I AM NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING UNTIL AFTER... REPEAT... AFTER THAT.

1-12-2015 Millionday Article quote: "House Speaker Salim al-Jubouri, said at a news conference on Sunday that on Monday will be the end of the second reading of the budget law..." [Will they vote on it after that?] THE REPORT WE HAD STATED AT THE SAME DAY. THE BUDGET IS BEING PLACED ON THE TOP OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TO BE DONE. ABADI SEES THE LACK OF BUDGET LAW AS CORRUPTION TOWARD THE COUNTRY OF IRAQ -- THIS IS A HUGE STATEMENT -- ... WITH TOMORROW [MONDAY] BEING THE LAST DAY OF THE BUDGET MEETING.

1-12-2015 Aggiedad77 it appears the second reading of the budget is complete...some MP's may not be the happiest but they got through this and now on to the vote..."next week"...I was hoping this might mean later this week, but I think we are actually looking to "next week".

1-12-2015 tman23 After 6 months of being off-line and no way for citizens to collect their salaries in Sulaymania...(the CBI had shut the area down)...This morning [Sunday] it was announced...THEY ARE BACK IN BUSINESS! Now we expected that when they went on line that shortly following would be the Qi cards accepted in ATM's outside the country..."speaking in days...not weeks"! [it sounds like to me the CBI is letting everyone know we're about to go "full throttle" with the iqd so get ready.] With the payment system opening up in Sulaymaniya this morning [Sunday] one might assume the process has begun...Everyday from now till the 21st will be very interesting...Our answer to this speculation is 10 days and counting down.

1-12-2015 wmawhite when it comes to the unity of Iraq...today's announcement that the Saudis (Saud Arabia) has a building for their embassy on Iraq is huge! The Saudis are Sunni...as is Anbar Province. The Suadis deciding to reopen their embassy in Iraq is regional recognition for what PM Abadi is doing in bringing Iraq together. This brings Iraq's entrance into the global community closer.