1-10-2016 Blondie Article Quotes: "Saleh said..."the Iraqi government has set numerous and integrated plans for the advancement of the areas of the private sector in the country, for control of the economic situation..." "The economic plans by the government to promote the private sector of the country, including the development of aspects of agriculture, industry and the introduction of modern methods to improve production." These quotes from Saleh confirm and underscore my previous statement that activating the private sector is the key to the whole plan. Without it, nothing works. Remember, tariffs are "protection mechanisms" designed to promote market competition of local industries to prevent them from being undercut by foreign entities that import into Iraq. Tariffs without a robust private sector are worthless, indeed, they are detrimental.

1-10-2016 Poppy3 [Were you able to find any new info on the dong?] VN OPENED THEIR FIXED RATE TO A FLOAT AND LOWERED THEIR RATE ALSO PULLING IN DONG PLUS THEY STARTED PAYING 12 % ON SAVING DEPOSITS TEMPO ALSO. SOUNDS A LOT LIKE THEY ARE PREPPING FOR A RV ALSO. I NEVER HAVE RECEIVED DIRECT CONFIRMATION YET...

1-10-2016 wmawhite I will not go into details other than to state that I forwarded the announcement about the coin to an individual who had it translation by an Iraqi and he gave a very different translation than what we have seen. The CBI has minted these gold coins and it is for much more than just pulling in the paper currency. IMO, the CBI is on the verge of establishing a value for the IQD and these coins are the beginning of it. IMO, this is huge and we don't even understand what the CBI may be getting in position to do. ...the CBI did not have to put a denomination on the coins...just print them and sell them...instead, the CBI is stating this is 100 IQD and this is 250 IQD...and you know how much gold you have in them and you know the price of gold and in the future you know the value of the IQD. IMO, this is setting the stage for what will happen in the near future...don't know exactly when...of course, if these translations are correct.

1-10-2016 rcookie Article quote: "He called on the Parliamentary Finance Committee member Hossam punitive, Saturday, to begin with "a major economic revolution" to confront the current financial crisis experienced by the country, while stressing the need to launch a "major campaign" to support the national industry." WOW!...VICE..MEMBER OF FINANCE COMMITTEE CALLING TO ACTIVATE A "MAJOR ECONOMIC REVOLUTION" IN FACE OF CURRENT ECONOMIC CRISIS...AND LOOK EXACTLY WHAT HE IS CALLING FOR...STOP IMPORTS OF PRODUCTS THAT HAVE LOCAL ALTERNATIVES...AND... ACTIVATING THE TARIFFS AT ALL BORDER CROSSING POINTS...EVEN IN THE KURDISTAN REGION...AND STIMULATE THE PRIVATE SECTOR BY STARTING TO CONTRACT WITH MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES IN VARIOUS INDUSTRIES...SOMEBODY CUE THE HAPPY DANCE!

1-11-2016 wmawhite folks, the CBI has the ball inside the 10 yard line. It needs a touchdown, and field goal will not help because there is less than a minute left to play...all of this other stuff; hcl, amnesty law, national guard law is extra stuff we don't care about....concentrate on the ball and the CBI. IMO...this game is winding down and I am amazed at the information we continue to be provided. The IMF told you and me how this will play out...remember, they said...that Iraq will enter the market during the 1st part of 2016. Based upon that information you know how it will play out.

1-11-2016 OOTW ...A PRESS RELEASE FROM DEPUTY SPEAKER, HAMOUDI, AGAIN CALLING FOR THE LAUNCHING OF IRAQI NATIONAL PRODUCTS...MANY SIMILAR ARTICLES AS WELL AS PRESS RELEASES ON THIS CONTAIN WHAT SEEMS TO ME TO BE SUBTEXT OF "BUY IRAQI BECAUSE TARIFFS ARE COMING". WE WAIT AND SEE.

1-11-2016 tman23 The IMF did make the statement that Iraq will enter the world market 1st part of 2016... So ask yourself...What does Iraq have to export from agriculture or manufacturing? NOTHING IS THE ANSWER! So again, why announce Iraq to the world market? The only reason can be to exchange their currency for foreign currency to purchase imported goods. None of that means our 3 zero notes will be worth more money. WE only hope that it will be worth big returns on exchange.

1-11-2016 OOTW Article: "Parliamentary Economic proposes to change the central bank policy and stresses: financial situation would be "the biggest challenge" [What is your sense of these articles?] THE MOST CLEAR ASPECT I SEE IS THAT THEY WANT AND NEED TO GET THEIR EXPORTS GOING AND THIS IS THE PRIMARY REASON FOR ADDRESSING THE VALUE OF THE IQD. ...WE'VE ALREADY SEEN THE RATE DROP TO 1182. BOTH THE CBI AND SALEH (ADVISER TO ABADI) AND THE ECONOMIC COMMITTEE HAVE PUBLISHED THEIR LISTS OF NEEDED REFORMS TO THE ECONOMIC AND BANKING CONDITIONS. THEN WE HAVE THE PARLIAMENT SITE, STEADILY POSTING ANNOUNCEMENTS THAT PEOPLE NEED TO START SUPPORTING/BUYING IRAQI PRODUCTS. THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT AND TRADE HAVE BOTH PUBLISHED ANNOUNCEMENTS REGARDING THE NEED TO PREPARE FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE...AS WELL AS AGREEMENTS WITH OTHER COUNTRIES (STATUS OF - MOVING FORWARD). REPAIR OF THE PORTS AS WELL. ARTICLES FROM ECONOMISTS STATING THAT IRAQ HAS TO JUMP START THE ECONOMY VIA TRADE (ESP EXPORTS) AND STATING THAT THE CURRENT VALUE OF THE DINAR DOESN'T SUPPORT THAT...LIKEWISE, SOME OF THESE ECONOMISTS STATE THEIR (VALID) REASONING AS TO WHY THE IQD VALUE SHOULD BE DECREASED OR INCREASED. HENCE THE NEED AS STATED BY ZEBARI AND MOHSEN (SEPARATE ADDRESSMENTS) RE THE STUDY OF THE VALUE OF THE DINAR. ABADI ALSO STATING THAT THEY NEED TO INSTITUTE THE TARIFFS TO HELP REBUILD THEIR RESERVES. THE REASON BECAUSE THE ECONOMISTS KEEP HARPING ON THIS - IS BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE DONE...YET, OVER ALL THESE YEARS...WE STILL SEE A CONTINUED POLICY OF CONFLICT BETWEEN THE ECONOMIC ADVISERS AND GOVT COMMITTEES VS THE CBI. I AGREE WITH THE THOUGHTS OF MANY OTHERS..SOMETHING IS AFOOT.

1-11-2016 Delta “after it has been installed price in the budget agreement with the Government and the International Monetary Fund ". IT LOOKS LIKE THE NEW BUDGET HAS A RATE THAT WAS AGREED WITH THE IMF.