1-11-2016 wmawhite [...how long till they are Article 8?] IMO, that is what the CBI is working so closely with the IMF about. IMO, entering the markets during the 1st part of 2016 requires an international recognized currency which is an Article 8 currency.

1-11-2016 Frank26 “after it has been installed price in the budget agreement with the Government and the International Monetary Fund ". Math ...Is done.

1-11-2016 Mnt Goat ...we sit and we await for the “official” word from the CBI to allow the distribution of the new lower denominations. We know that when they do launch the lower denominations this must first be accompanied with a significant increase in value and we are told it will be a 1:1 par value with the US dollar. We also know that Iraq is trying to time other events too like paying out on HCL and the Pensions program with the launching of the lower denominations. All three of these events can mandate a significant increase in the dinar value but the GOI would rather feels it not wise to launch one without the others. As time passes Iraq sneaks out new target windows to us. ...between now and the end of the month we should begin to slowly see more rhetoric about the project to delete the zeros as we come closer to the timeframe. ...they came right out in early December and flat out told us they were “postponing” this timeframe and moving it back to late January / early February. Is Mnt Goat committing to an RV date? NO! Absolutely not. I am simply giving you the FACTS and how they seem to be focusing on a timeframe.

1-11-2016 BGG [Is it not true, where the CBI is saying they won't change the rate, that the rate in the budget is already the new rate. This is how they can truthfully say they're not changing it?] it is true "someone" in the CBI has said they won't change the rate... this rhetoric means little... there is no evidence the new rate is the the budget - or even that it would have to be? Did China have to go back and redo their budget once they revalued their currency up by 20%? No. Moreover - why would they "telegraph" such information? there may well be articles saying as much... but until we actually see it in the Gazette and "in the budget" - there is no such evidence. This is serious business... little people like us may be "on the fence" - but I can assure you - there are big investors out there keeping an eye on this, they are still "on board".

1-11-2016 Bluwolf We are minutes away from receiving some news on what we have been expecting for the last 14 years. This is imminent now... Be prepared and have all plans ready, it will be soon in my honest opinion.

1-11-2016 rcookie THE BUDGET AND ITS CONTENT WERE ONLY PART OF THE NEWS FROM LAST NIGHT...IN INK...TARIFFS & TAXES LAUNCHED...SMART CARDS (MOXIBUSTION CARDS) FOR IMPORT/EXPORT SINGLE WINDOW LAUNCHED...BUDGET POSTED (REVISED) WITH T&T AND STATEMENT OF POSTING IN GAZETTE...ELECTRONIC MECHANISMS FOR INTER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN ALL BORDER CHECKPOINTS... COMPLETE BREAKDOWN OF BUDGET LAST NIGHT ...MAJOR CHANGE IN CBI LAW & POLICY...ARTICLE 26 WITH CBI ABLE TO LEND DIRECTLY TO GOI...ALL LOANS FOR IRAQ...WB..IMF...ISLAMIC BANKS..COMMERCIAL BANKS...JICA JAPANESE LOAN...AND MANY MORE ALL ACCOUNTED FOR IN BUDGET. THE BUDGET IS IN 100% CONFORMITY WITH IMF & WB MANDATES AND EVERYTHING IS THERE INCLUDING KURDS 17%...PESHMERGA 3%...OIL AGREEMENT PARTICULARS...

1-11-2016 firefly You folks still trying to figure out the rate? I GUARANTEE IT WON'T BE 5 CENTS...OR 1:1. 1:1 isn't going to work. I don't do rates but anything less than pre war makes absolutely no sense to me just IMO. Those are the only REAL numbers that have been in print... IMO...We are at the end now...From what I am being told by many people. IMO they have run out of time...

1-11-2016 Kaperoni I don't personally think any exchange rate used in the budget (operational side) means anything. It simply can be recalculated at anytime at whatever the rate is because the budget is based on dollars.

1-12-2016 BGG I had a VERY interesting conversation with an int'l attny - he is hearing the same things... not sure what is up - but something has "stirred the waters" - over there or here, he's not sure... but there is a lot of talk amongst the bigger players right now. [was your conversation dinar related or just general financial convo?] Pure Dinar - PURE RV related.

1-12-2016 wmawhite Something...that rcookie was trying to point out as he present[ed] the budget was that all of the IMF requirements concerning reforms were contained within the budget. All of the discussion over the months are found within the budget.

1-12-2016 OOTW THE GOI WANTS TO STOP THE CURRENCY AUCTIONS, TRYING TO INTERCEDE CBI POLICY/ MONETARY PRACTICES - THE SLC IS BLOCKING THEIR ATTEMPTS. YESTERDAY THERE WAS AN ARTICLE WHICH STATED THAT THE GOI COULD AMEND CBI BANKING LAW BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ENGRAINED IN THE CONSTITUTION, IN ORDER TO TAKE OVER CONTROLS OF THE MONETARY POLICY. THERE WAS AN ARTICLE YESTERDAY... WHEREIN I BELIEVE SALEH WAS QUOTED AS SAYING THAT BECAUSE THE CBI BANKING LAW IS NOT PROTECTED IN THE CONSTITUTION, NOR WAS IT A PART OF THE CONSTITUTION, THAT THE LAW COULD BE AMENDED BY THE GOI. WHETHER WE ALL AGREE THAT THE GOI DOESN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO INTERFERE IN MONETARY POLICY, THEY DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEAT PEOPLE ON THE BOARD OF THE CBI. I FEEL THERE IS A STRONG POTENTIAL THAT THE ECONOMIC COMMITTEE WILL FORCE THE ISSUE WITH THE IMF NOW IN ON THE GAME. THIS IS A MANDATE.

1-12-2016 SteveI "no intention to amend the dinar exchange rate and that what is declared by the otherwise from any person or entity has not considered particularly after it has been installed price in the budget agreement with the Government and the International Monetary Fund." Iraq has developed a master plan and you will be amazed when you find out how they are going to accomplish this...just let Iraq (CBI) and the IMF execute this plan after the security of the country is under control. Everyone will benefit.

1-12-2016 wmawhite [With the exception of the gold coins. What is the biggest news story of the week and why?] All of the banks within Iraq being told that they MUST be on the same international accounting standards as the rest of the world. [Electronic at the borders.] Very good!!! Very big too! ...these are all huge pieces to what Iraq will need to enter the markets as the IMF expects.