Iraqi Dinar Guru opinions 8-8-18

Iraqi

8-8-2018 Newshound Guru Currency365 Article: "Mastercard’s MoU With Central Bank of Iraq Signals Bright Future for the Country’s Emerging Digital Payments Ecosystem" Mastercard, a leading technology company in the global payments industry, recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI), aimed at accelerating the development of a strong payments ecosystem in the country."

8-8-2018 Newshound Guru chattels I think of a life without the dinar and a life with the dinar. How different they might be one from the other. And then the prospect of success with the dinar seeps in and there is ideation of unbounded possibilities. The stuff that dreams are made of.

8-8-2018 Intel Guru Bruce ...8/8/2018. Is that an important number to the Chinese? Is it an important number to Iraq? Yes and Yes. Could it be an important date for us? Yes. It should be an important date for us. ...Everything is done and everything is rolling out. ...We are at a time things are being accomplished around the globe. Things are happening...such as the ISX did open on Sunday, and we have proof of that from people we are connected to that were trading on it in Europe, and we know what they were trading, exchanging, and working with it. So it is up...You had to have an international trading platform to do it... I really believe that tomorrow [Wednesday, 8-8-18] is going to be a big day. All I can tell you guys are rates are populating...Rates are going to be fantastic. ...I really believe that this is right before the end. We should be receiving something shortly...

8-8-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat [...A few years ago you stated that the currency most of us have in the USA had come across Iraq's border semi-illegal? I don't remember the exact term you used. What are the chances that Iraq rejects our currency because we were never suppose to have it...] First I never said that the currency of Iraq that you hold has come across the boarder semi-illegally. Second, I did say that the 3 zero notes were meant to stay within Iraq and for the exclusive use of the “closed” economy of Iraq while in financial sanctions under Chapter VII.

8-8-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat ...This closed economy means they take the revenue from the oil in US dollars. Then the merchants take their dinar go to the currency auctions and exchange dinar for these US dollars. They then can trade with the outside world using the US dollars only. This was part of the Chapter VII conditions. Mainly they put this provision in because they downgraded the dinar so much and shut it off on the global exchanges it was almost worthless to the outside world. ...So yes the dinar was not supposed to leave the country of Iraq. The CBI currency auctions sell US dollars not dinar.

8-7-2018 Newshound Guru Kirk H. Sowell [...care to handicap Maliki’s chances of being PM again?] Very close to zero. If Abadi is not reelected, it will not be one of the other leading political figures, but someone independent. The other blocs won't accept a Sadr loyalist, Maliki loyalist, Ameri loyalist, etc.

8-7-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat [...are we looking for Iraq to submit an Article VIII request to the IMF, and does Iraq need to have an Article IV Consultation before we can expect to see an RI/RV?...I was just wondering if these items would tip us off that our quest was getting close...] There is an Article IV consultation coming up in September with the IMF and my gut feeling is that they are stalling these election results until that time period....Why? Maybe the consultation is the answer who knows? But it seems very plausible. I do know the IMF is monitoring the MCP closely and for the first time since 2012 Iraq has met their obligations under the MCP of Article VIII. This qualifies them technically to move to Article VIII.

8-7-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat But remember moving to Article VIII does not happen overnight. Iraq has been moving in this direction for years now. First you have to meet all the responsibilities as a member nation under Article VIII of the UN Charter as a member nation. Then they elevate you to operate with all the privileges under this section of the UN Charter. The loans we see Iraq now being granted under the SBA is part of these SDR privileges. So why are they not fully in Article VIII already? There is no ***** to it and no trigger. No one is going to stand on a stage and hand Iraq a certificate for graduating to Article VIII. We must watch how they perform and opening the ISX up to a global trading platform on Aug 1st was a very good sign moving forward in this direction.

8-7-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru David M. Witty Expectations that final results of hand recount of Iraqi 12 May parliamentary elections will be announced this week.

8-7-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat [Do you really think they will reinstate the dinar this year? Looks like it's going to 2019.] Good question and we all want our money now. But the fact is no one controls the reinstatement not even the CBI. The CBI is only the guardian and the instrument that will facilitate and control the process. They must wait until certain conditions apply. They do not run the government. Like I keep saying if you go into this investment thinking you are going to get rich quick, think again. But you will get rich, eventually, if you have enough dinar and are very patient.

8-7-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat Having said all this I do see signs of 2018 rather than 2019. It doesn’t matter what I THINK but what the CBI and the GOI are telling us. ...I go strictly by what the official entities in Iraq tell me. I don’t care if the US Treasury is telling the banks to “get ready”. This is all foolishness and nonsense. ...Yes, there is coordination going on with exchange centers and banks for the inevitable exchanges that will take place but Iraq must act first and so why not just relax and concentrate on what they do? This is the ONLY sure way to try to figure this out for any kind of timeframe.

dinarguru.com