Iraqi Dinar Guru opinions 8-28-18

Iraqi

8-28-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru BGG Where are we with this investment? It’s something I get asked all the time. So many have been wrong – me included. Here are some thoughts on the current situation that may help some folks. So many say the politics don’t matter to the currency. This isn’t exactly accurate. The politics impact the economy… Iraq’s currency is, by many astute accounts, “grossly undervalued”. A basic definition of currency? It is a promissory note on the underlying economy of the country.

8-28-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru BGG I am assuming any governing body with say in this matter is going to refrain until the results are final and a government transition is made or is being made. Just my thinking....Short story: I am very encouraged with what we are seeing in the news right now. It’s no guarantee of anything right away – but it looks like some big moves being in the right direction.

8-28-2018 Newshound Guru Kaperoni The media in Iraq is reporting an increase in the spread today [Monday]. Sale of dollar is 1220 to $1 and purchase of dollars is 1210 to $1. It looks like the CBI has fallen out of IMF compliance. Continue to monitor.

8-28-2018 Newshound Guru Breitling We alway get this question, “One day it’s going to revalue in Iraq and all these Iraqis are going to be instant millionaires…” Its’ doesn’t work that way…what happens is that you and I used the US dollar to purchase the currency…at a tenth of a penny. The Iraqi’s were given that currency. So the market inside Iraq reflects that tenth of a penny. In other words if you go down to buy a coke or candy bar…it’s based on an economy based on a tenth of a penny. What do you thinks going to happen when the value of the Iraqi dinar goes up to a buck?

8-27-2018 Newshound Guru Walkingstick [If they fall out of 2% compliance do they have to go another 90 Days?] No...In a nut shell...It is an issue. [Guru] Deltas response is accurate, due.. to the fact, the 2% compliance can easily spiral out of control... due to the CBI's continued use of the auction, as a tool/ their limitation of use of the tools available, that can be utilized to reel in or maintain the +/- 2% compliance...

8-27-2018 Intel Guru Delta FROM CBI WEBSITE...IQD EXCHANGE RATE IN IRAQI MARKET...27-Aug...1212...1207...IN THE BORDER...BUT STILL OK ...CBI HAVE TO MAKE A MOVE ASA.

8-27-2018 Newshound Guru Kaperoni So on Sunday the CBI started the auctions again. The media is reporting a market rate of 1210 to $1. This is still within compliance if correct.

8-27-2018 Newshound Guru Bloodloch Keeping Score: The four alliances attending meeting -- Saron (Sadr), Victory (Abadi), Wisdom (Hakim), and National (Allawi) -- total 136 seats in the new parliament. The hosting alliance -- Kurdistan Democratic Party (Barzani) -- has 25 seats in their pocket, for a total of 161 seats should these five alliances join forces. Only 4 more seats needed to win, from either of the two remaining big blocs -- Decision Alliance (Sunni - 14 seats) or Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK - 18 seats) -- or some combination of other small 1 to 6 seat alliances floating around.

8-27-2018 Newshound Guru Bloodloch Left out of the mix and likely out of any significant decision-making authority in the formation of the new government -- Conquest Alliance (Iranian Proxy al-Ameri - 48 seats) and State of Law (former Prime Minister Maliki - 25 seats)

8-27-2018 Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat I have just talked to the CBI and I can assure you the reinstatement and RV is not happening next week. They still have to complete a massive re-education campaign for the citizens and this has not yet begun. In fact, they could not even give me a target date yet for it. ...We must first wait for this ongoing election sage to settle down.

8-27-2018 Guest Guru BobTheTaxMan ...The second one we have to do is called IRS code 1256. It has to do with people who are specifically in the FOREX trading world...You bought something and you’re going ot sell it. That’s the whole purpose, welcome to the world of FOREX…One of the things that it does offer is 60% of the gain will be treated as long term capital gains and 40% will be treated as short term…also known as ordinary income. That is what’s so attractive to it. BUT you actually have to be in the FOREX trading world in order for that to be applicable to you. It’s not applicable. Are these the only options available? Yep, pretty much…Quite frankly I don’t want to get involved with the IRS and have them breathing down my neck and neither do you. Let’s just stick to the rules…there are other way to go about this to make it non-taxable...
​{IMPORTANT NOTE: Anything you read here is for informational purposes ONLY and not financial advice. At the appropriate time speak to 6 financial and tax advisers and select the ones you feel are the best fit for your situation.}

dinarguru.com