Deputy: Al-Halbousi struck democracy by excluding the committee concerned with studying the government curriculum

2/25/2020 14:44

Deputy

[Baghdad-Ain]
A member of the Parliament’s Monitoring Committee for the Implementation of the Governmental Program and Strategic Planning called on Inaam Al-Khuza’i today, Tuesday, to study the new government curriculum in the Committee to Monitor the Implementation of the Governmental Program and Parliamentary Strategic Planning.
Al-Khaza’i said, in a press statement, that “the Speaker of Parliament issued an order to form a parliamentary committee to evaluate the government curriculum of the Prime Minister-designate,” noting that “the internal law gave the speaker of parliament the right to form special parliamentary committees.”

Al-Khaza’i added, “However, the exclusion of most members of the relevant parliamentary committee in this regard [the committee monitoring the implementation of the government program and strategic planning] and replacing the advisers to the parliament’s president is a dangerous precedent”, realizing that the maximum will of all parliamentary blocs that previously voted in favor of forming the above committee for the purpose of studying The government curriculum and the degree of accuracy and seriousness of the government in its implementation. "

Al-Haza'i pointed out that "the more general majority of the members of the current committee conform to the political vision of the Speaker of Parliament," saying that "this measure is a blow to the spirit of democracy, which is based on differences in views to strengthen the work of the committees in dealing with legislation and laws."

Al-Khuza’i explained, “Previous experiences revealed to all Iraqi people that most government promises are nothing but material for media marketing,” calling in this context “to limit the study of the new government curriculum to the committee monitoring the implementation of the government program and strategic planning.”

alliraqnews.com