Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ****** and the redom chat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,478 Posts

****** and the redom chat

(When disussing possibility of redenomination)
    [breather] Jwdwrd rd vs a high rv
    http://www.iraq-business ··· jection/ got us thinking.....
    [breather] Jwdwrd possibility of redenomination

What Does Redenomination Mean? 1. The process whereby a country's currency is recalibrated due to significant inflation and currency devaluation. Certain currencies have been redenominated a number of times over the last century for various reasons. 2. The process of changing the currency value on a financial security. Investopedia explains Redenomination 1. For example, the Bulgarian lev was redenominated due to inflation arising at the end of the Second World War. After the redenomination, one "new" lev was equal to 100 "old" levs. The lev was redenominated three times in the twentieth century. 2. A recent example of redenomination arose when the euro was introduced and the denomination on many European securities had to be changed to the euro.
    ****** says "does this sound like Iraq...full RD..Currency redenomination also can be a means by which governments attempt to reassert monetary sovereignty. If citizens lose confidence in the national currency, they may begin to use foreign currencies, particularly those with greater prestige. This may be both a psychological and an economic blow to the government: with widespread foreign currency substitution (or, more extremely, full dollarization), the central bank no longer controls the money supply, rendering it unable to provide lender of last resort functions

Redenominations often occur after economic crises, as governments attempt to convince citizens and markets that hyperinflation is a thing of the past. In some cases, the timing is correct, in that redenomination caps off high levels of inflation. In other cases, governments are not able to reign in inflation immediately after redenomination, and they may make multiple efforts at currency reform

Yet not every country with high levels of inflation, or with a low local currency/dollar exchange rate (so that thousands of local currency units are required for everyday transactions), chooses to redenominate its currency. Some governments are content for citizens to spend two thousand lira or manta for a cup of coffee, even if this leads citizens to question the legitimacy of the local currency. In other cases, governments do choose to redenominate, but only after a sustained period during which inflation has been reigned in; the time between hyperinflation and redenomination, then, may stretch to over a decade. Were redenomination a purely technocratic exercise, this pattern would be surprising: redenomination seems to have few real costs, beyond the short-run expense of printing new notes and advertising the change to citizens and financial markets.
    They (Iraq) are saying they don't just RD for inflation...but for others too -
    the problem is with the high denoms "
    [toolkeeper] oh yeah.. and if we are not careful..we will be seeing such denoms in the usa if the federal reserve doesn't stop this insane printing of dollars.
    hey made new currency 25k...because the exchange rate was so high
    11:31:37 [******] Kuwait did not do this...totally different
    11:33:43 [******] Jwdwrd I know this!
    1:34:07 [******] At no time did Iraq say change 25k in for change -
    no articles on lower denoms
    1:34:55 [******] changing the face value means one thing
    11:35:05 [******] and that is what a
    11:35:11 [******] RD means
    they have said that a lot in articles \
    11:35:49 [******] Guru's started the whole thing
    Even Frank thinks a RD is good and refers to RD now instead of RV
    1:36:45 [******] RD is bad...very bad
    11:36:54 [******] don't listen to them
    :37:26 [******] means we break even or make a little if high RV
    :37:51 [Jwdwrd] think that most of us are/were aware of the risk when we invested
    [Pat H] ****** I can't believe RD would be bad. The dinar was RD'd out any decent value, now it needs to be RD'd back
    [******] Heres the thing...
    The countries that hold IQD
    cannot claim them as an asset to there reserve unless it is a world tradeable currency
    This may be enough for them to RV high triple there money
    11:39:43 [breather] ****** not worried about theirs, what about ours
    11:39:50 [******] same thing
    11:40:23 [toolkeeper] what sold me on the IQD was that it severly undervalued. artificially undervalued by governmental decrees. that is all. prior to the gulf war mess, you seen where the iqd was trading at in relationship to the usd
    11:40:39 [******] I read a lot last night and found the situation just like Iraq
    11:40:44 [kevinkrt1] toolkeeper they did not have 25 trillion out at that time euther
    11:40:50 [toolkeeper] the iqd is at this very moment.. undervalued.
    11:40:53 [******] RD is possible
    11:40:56 [******] very
    11:41:03 [toolkeeper] very undervalued.
    11:41:10 [******] I could be wrong!
    1:41:49 [toolkeeper] so.. the money that you and i speculated in, while risky, was still betting that the currency is going to be reinstated or revalued.
    11:41:51 [******] toolkeeper that's the problem..to undervalued and to high denoms
    toolkeeper oh I believe it will
    11:42:32 [toolkeeper] the denoms were reflective of the depressed value of that iqd.
    11:42:39 [kevinkrt1] ****** they cannot rv without releasing lower denoms , or lopping imo
    11:42:40 [******] toolkeeper at 3.21...we will triple our money
    [toolkeeper] now that sanctions are about to belifted, that pressure is on the iqd to appreciate in value.
    11:43:04 [******] kevinkrt1 the currency will change!
    1:43:27 [Jwdwrd] whoot whot- ok- date/rate?
    11:43:40 [toolkeeper] even if you go back to the mexican peso of some 30 years ago.. and all of that mess.
    11:43:44 [kevinkrt1] ****** i had posted that scenario once last year and got blasted , my it's nice to be in a sane room , go post that over at chowder sight and watch what happens.. fireworks
    11:43:45 [******] remember Jack DeAngeles
    11:44:04 [******] kevinkrt1 no thanks
    11:44:18 [******] remember Jack DeAngeles?
    11:44:22 [toolkeeper] while there was a distinction of the new peso vs the old peso and differing rates of exchanges based on those bills, still the mexican govt honored the rates.
    11:45:10 [******] What he said ...one part..." it is going to change"...that got me looking. Yes I know he is a putz
    1:46:00 [******] toolkeeper the peso RD and at 3000 to 1...was the same as 3 to 1
    11:47:11 [kevinkrt1] ****** so are you leaning to the lop and redenomination theory that all the guru's say smoke and mirrors ?
    1:47:41 [******] kevinkrt1 I am still doing research
    [******] you should to..for your own pease of mind
    11:49:11 [******] have more but that's the sum of it
    11:50:00 [******] Don't jump off the Skyway bridge or something ...!
    Adding:
    12:07:26 [******] Governments began to achieve such monetary control in the mid-nineteenth century; today, many struggle to maintain this control, particularly in the face of civil conflict or economic collapse (e.g. Woodruff 1999). Currency redenomination, then, may come as part of a broad package of economic and political reforms, as was the case in Afghanistan in October 2002; following years of decline in the currency’s value, a new afghani was introduced, with three zeros removed. This introduction was meant to herald, along with a series of other measures, the emergence of Afghanistan from years of civil conflict, and its movement toward modern nationhood
    Last edited by Jwdwrd; 09-23-2010 at 12:11 PM.

fat
    Hello everyone, I hope I didn't offend anyone by this chat. Blame it on the guru's in the chat room that forced it out of me lol. I would like to say that in no way do I wish for an RD to happen. I was just sick of reading chat posts of guru's saying that an RD is what were looking for! IMO and the research I have read...this is wrong. Understand, I care for everyone on this site and you know it is important to see both sides. In an up coming article, you may want to come back and read this again. Kap has given his point of view, which is the perfect scenario, and what I have always said. "let the investors pay for the RV", lets just hope Iraq figures this out. I respect his opinion tremendously. At the same time to say that when the articles, CBI, MOF all say
    redenomination of the Iraqi
    dinar by eliminating three zeros from the nominal
    value of banknotes, I think they know what they are saying and is not an misinterpretation. There are no guarantee's and we have seen contradicting articles to from MOF, the truth is know one here knows until something happens. Lets just hope some one posts Kap's chat on the CBI website. Again, sorry if I offended anyone, I am still on the fence on this one, just a definition and an opinion. Besides its all *****'s fault anyway lol ...******

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    Hello everyone, I hope I didn't offend anyone by this chat. Blame it on the guru's in the chat room that forced it out of me lol. I would like to say that in no way do I wish for an RD to happen. I was just sick of reading chat posts of guru's saying that an RD is what were looking for! IMO and the research I have read...this is wrong. Understand, I care for everyone on this site and you know it is important to see both sides. In an up coming article, you may want to come back and read this again. Kap has given his point of view, which is the perfect scenario, and what I have always said. "let the investors pay for the RV", lets just hope Iraq figures this out. I respect his opinion tremendously. At the same time to say that when the articles, CBI, MOF all say
    redenomination of the Iraqi
    dinar by eliminating three zeros from the nominal
    value of banknotes, I think they know what they are saying and is not an misinterpretation. There are no guarantee's and we have seen contradicting articles to from MOF, the truth is know one here knows until something happens. Lets just hope some one posts Kap's chat on the CBI website. Again, sorry if I offended anyone, I am still on the fence on this one, just a definition and an opinion. Besides its all *****'s fault anyway lol ...******
    Hey bud, I'm no guru but have also been doing some research. There was a document sent to congress from Iraq stating they were going to change the nominal value of the IQD. Now another word for nominal in the currency market is (Face Value). Now we cannot get the 50 250 or 500 dinar notes here in the U.S and IMO there is a good reason for that and that is because there is no change to those denoms.

Thanks
    common sense causes me to be hopful for 1 to 1 straight up on the rocks please. hey, they have been using the usd since 2003, oil is traded in usd, iraqi's probably wouldn't be to awfull happy with anything less.. a few years pass by, eventually get back to where it was 3 to 1

fat
    Hey bud, I'm no guru but have also been doing some research. There was a document sent to congress from Iraq stating they were going to change the nominal value of the IQD. Now another word for nominal in the currency market is (Face Value). Now we cannot get the 50 250 or 500 dinar notes here in the U.S and IMO there is a good reason for that and that is because there is no change to those denoms. Now you may really confuse things...Don't know how that would be possible. Yes I know about the article. Sent right to congress in english! lol Thanks for the input...interesting...keep looking

Thanks
    This should put the LOP thing to bed IMO, from DD

* Dinar Daddy: Making Sense of the Numbers… NO LOP!
    September 27, 2010 12:29 am · Posted in CASH-IN, CHATS / POSTS, TIDBITS · 24 Comments

All,

From the moment I’ve been in this investment even until now, the debate of LOP versus RV has been raging. That very argument is what drove me and thousands of others AWAY from Investors Iraq (IIF), as it appeared it was absolutely overrun by those who felt it was their mission to squash the hopes and dreams of other investors. I am sharing this with the permission of those who have helped bring me to the light, from a legitimate economist’s perspective, to understand this dilemma.

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been told time and again by those who are absolutely in a position to know that this will NOT be a LOP, but will be a straight-up RV, yet I found myself not being able to refute the arguments of those who brought only “part of the truth” forward, using the “numbers” to their advantage through logical focus on that which was clearly understood. This post of mine is dedicated to explaining how an RV will happen.

CONCEPT EXPLAINED:

First off, I’ll use the exchange of a 10,000 IQD note as my example. To help explain the economics of this cash-in example, I will use a 1:1 cash-in ratio between the USD and IQD, that is given a two-tier payout, and a 2% bank spread.

What You Will Receive:
    If you were to cash in your 10,000 IQD note with a bank that charges you a 2% spread, you would personally receive a net take-home of $9,800 credited to your bank account.

What Your Bank Will Receive:
    Your Bank will receive a $10,000 credit to its Federal Reserve Account. They will also be able to add the $200 profit to their “capital account”.

If you don’t understand the “Fractional Banking“ concept that runs our country, you may want to, as that is what this is based on, and is what is behind this entire concept and plan. To learn more about this concept, I suggest you click HERE, and go to a video post I brought to the forum previously, and posted in my “Tidbits“ section.

Ultimately, the bank wins because they are able to gain $2,000 in lending power under the 10% “Fractional Banking“ model.

What the US Treasury Will Receive:
    First off, the US Treasury will receive $3,500 in estimated taxes in the quarter after the exchange, because you are now in the “rich” category and get to enjoy the 35% tax bracket. This lowers the “net cost” of the IQD exchange to the US financial system to $6,500 USD (i.e. $10,000 out – $3,500 in). Furthermore, the US Treasury’s rate is higher than the banking rate (we will use in this example 1.25), thereby further reducing their “net cost” from $6,500 to $4,000.

Oil Now Enters the Picture:

At some point, a Fed-appointed agent orders $12,500 worth of oil from Iraq. Payment will consist of a $12,500 transfer from the Fed’s foreign currency reserve IQD account to the IRAQ Oil payment account at the CBI in a form otherwise known as PetroDollars/PetroDinar. Even though the world spot price of oil is defined in terms of USD, the actual transaction may take place in any internationally recognized currency agreed to by the parties. For example, Iran only accepts Yen from Japan for their oil orders, because they don’t want USD in their foreign currency reserves.

How the CBI “RECAPTURES” the Money:
    The $12,500 order is filled with 250 barrels of oil based on the spot price on the date of the sale (for this example we used a $50 USD spot price). What does it cost Iraq to produce the oil to fill this order? Well they have negotiated productions agreements for approximately $1.50 USD/barrel. From that price $.50 USD goes to the national Iraqi oil company who is the partner in the field the oil came from. Out of the remaining $1.00 the other oil field partners have to pay the Iraq government a profit tax of $.35 USD (35%). The net cost to Iraq to produce a barrel of oil used in this scenario is $.65 USD. (i.e. $1.50 – .50 – .35)

What does all that mean? It cost Iraq $162.50 to bring back a 10,000 IQD note! Can they afford that? I think so! So, instead of paying out $12,500 for a 10,000 IQD note, they only pay $162.50! That doesn’t add to the money supply much at all does it! They receive their IQD back and place it in the CBI, or destroy it.

The transaction is completed with the Federal Reserve exchanging foreign reserve credits which are equal to $12,500 USD (which had a net acquisition cost of $4,000 USD for the US) for 250 barrels of oil (which has a TOTAL COST to produce of $162.50 USD for Iraq.

More completely explained, and simply put, it cost Iraq $162.50 USD from their foreign currency reserve accounts to redeem the value of 10,000 IQD, which goes into their operating accounts. At the same time the US got $12,500 worth of oil for a net cost of $4,000. That’s how it was originally planned for Iraq to RV at 1 IQD = 1 USD, with the variable being the political element (i.e. UN Sanctions, GOI actions, IMF actions, World Bank actions etc.)

Other Factors that Strengthen Iraq’s Position and Ability to RV:

* DFI Funds Returned & Other Assets: $280+ Billion USD, plus other frozen assets (estimated at $100 billion) will be returned back to Iraq and added to their foreign currency reserve, bringing it up to $430+ billion USD.
    * CBI IQD Reserve Requirement Adjustment: The CBI will change the current fractional IQD reserve requirements from 100% to 15% at the appropriate time. As a result, the the total potential money supply will be raised in value to $2.8 Trillion (430 billion/15), while at the same time, the total physical IQD in circulation will be reduced by removing the large bills with the 3 zeros over a period of 2 years, as they have indicated.
    * Oil Production Increased: Iraq will also execute the plan they announced to increase oil production from 2+ million barrels/day to 10 million barrels/day with the resulting revenues flowing directly to the Iraq treasury.
    * Oil Futures & Forex Contracts Added: To further stir the pot, the CBI will continue to use it’s sales window to market oil futures and forex contracts. They have shown they can generate significant cash flow in the private market. Think of their impact in public markets.

There, my friends, is how this plan will be enacted and made possible. Taking NOTHING, and turning it into SOMETHING, then bringing it back to a “manageable and reasonable something” that is accepted and supported by seeming endless supplies of oil. This is how the world’s ENTIRE NEW MONETARY SYSTEM will be regenerated and supported and backed, given, in essence, a re-birth and renewed for most governments and economic regions… even by “Black Gold”.

So, here’s the summary for all the “players” involved, giving ballpark numbers, and not taking into account superfluous costs, fees, and other small details that don’t really affect the larger picture:

* Investor’s Net Gain: $10,000 – $200 = $9,800 x .65 = 6,370 for an investment that cost $10
    * Bank’s Net Gain: $200 added to “capital account”, plus $2,000 they can use to loan out.
    * US Treasury Net Gain: $2,500 from the .25 spread on top + $3,500 in quarterly taxes = $6,000
    * CBI/GOI/Iraqi People Net Gain: $12,500 – $162.50 = $12,337.50 + Profits from “Other Factors”

EVERYONE WINS… and the IQD is slowly (over 2 years) taken back in to the CBI… eventually destroyed, leaving a manageable M2 behind, having created HUGE WEALTH throughout the world to re-supply what was allowed to be destroyed in the “great bleed” over a period of just a few weeks a couple of years ago, even the greatest redistribution of wealth the world has ever seen. Believe it or not, it has happened for this very purpose, and it IS coming!

Go Iraq… Go Understanding… Go RV… Go Dinar!

Dinar Daddy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Outlawdave For This Useful Post:

dbcooper (12-07-2010)

fat
    This makes more sense than anything I have heard yet! Go RV...thanks for bringing it here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlawdave View Post
    This should put the LOP thing to bed IMO, from DD

* Dinar Daddy: Making Sense of the Numbers… NO LOP!
    September 27, 2010 12:29 am · Posted in CASH-IN, CHATS / POSTS, TIDBITS · 24 Comments

All,

From the moment I’ve been in this investment even until now, the debate of LOP versus RV has been raging. That very argument is what drove me and thousands of others AWAY from Investors Iraq (IIF), as it appeared it was absolutely overrun by those who felt it was their mission to squash the hopes and dreams of other investors. I am sharing this with the permission of those who have helped bring me to the light, from a legitimate economist’s perspective, to understand this dilemma.

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been told time and again by those who are absolutely in a position to know that this will NOT be a LOP, but will be a straight-up RV, yet I found myself not being able to refute the arguments of those who brought only “part of the truth” forward, using the “numbers” to their advantage through logical focus on that which was clearly understood. This post of mine is dedicated to explaining how an RV will happen.

CONCEPT EXPLAINED:

First off, I’ll use the exchange of a 10,000 IQD note as my example. To help explain the economics of this cash-in example, I will use a 1:1 cash-in ratio between the USD and IQD, that is given a two-tier payout, and a 2% bank spread.

What You Will Receive:
    If you were to cash in your 10,000 IQD note with a bank that charges you a 2% spread, you would personally receive a net take-home of $9,800 credited to your bank account.

What Your Bank Will Receive:
    Your Bank will receive a $10,000 credit to its Federal Reserve Account. They will also be able to add the $200 profit to their “capital account”.

If you don’t understand the “Fractional Banking“ concept that runs our country, you may want to, as that is what this is based on, and is what is behind this entire concept and plan. To learn more about this concept, I suggest you click HERE, and go to a video post I brought to the forum previously, and posted in my “Tidbits“ section.

Ultimately, the bank wins because they are able to gain $2,000 in lending power under the 10% “Fractional Banking“ model.

What the US Treasury Will Receive:
    First off, the US Treasury will receive $3,500 in estimated taxes in the quarter after the exchange, because you are now in the “rich” category and get to enjoy the 35% tax bracket. This lowers the “net cost” of the IQD exchange to the US financial system to $6,500 USD (i.e. $10,000 out – $3,500 in). Furthermore, the US Treasury’s rate is higher than the banking rate (we will use in this example 1.25), thereby further reducing their “net cost” from $6,500 to $4,000.

Oil Now Enters the Picture:

At some point, a Fed-appointed agent orders $12,500 worth of oil from Iraq. Payment will consist of a $12,500 transfer from the Fed’s foreign currency reserve IQD account to the IRAQ Oil payment account at the CBI in a form otherwise known as PetroDollars/PetroDinar. Even though the world spot price of oil is defined in terms of USD, the actual transaction may take place in any internationally recognized currency agreed to by the parties. For example, Iran only accepts Yen from Japan for their oil orders, because they don’t want USD in their foreign currency reserves.

How the CBI “RECAPTURES” the Money:
    The $12,500 order is filled with 250 barrels of oil based on the spot price on the date of the sale (for this example we used a $50 USD spot price). What does it cost Iraq to produce the oil to fill this order? Well they have negotiated productions agreements for approximately $1.50 USD/barrel. From that price $.50 USD goes to the national Iraqi oil company who is the partner in the field the oil came from. Out of the remaining $1.00 the other oil field partners have to pay the Iraq government a profit tax of $.35 USD (35%). The net cost to Iraq to produce a barrel of oil used in this scenario is $.65 USD. (i.e. $1.50 – .50 – .35)

What does all that mean? It cost Iraq $162.50 to bring back a 10,000 IQD note! Can they afford that? I think so! So, instead of paying out $12,500 for a 10,000 IQD note, they only pay $162.50! That doesn’t add to the money supply much at all does it! They receive their IQD back and place it in the CBI, or destroy it.

The transaction is completed with the Federal Reserve exchanging foreign reserve credits which are equal to $12,500 USD (which had a net acquisition cost of $4,000 USD for the US) for 250 barrels of oil (which has a TOTAL COST to produce of $162.50 USD for Iraq.

More completely explained, and simply put, it cost Iraq $162.50 USD from their foreign currency reserve accounts to redeem the value of 10,000 IQD, which goes into their operating accounts. At the same time the US got $12,500 worth of oil for a net cost of $4,000. That’s how it was originally planned for Iraq to RV at 1 IQD = 1 USD, with the variable being the political element (i.e. UN Sanctions, GOI actions, IMF actions, World Bank actions etc.)

Other Factors that Strengthen Iraq’s Position and Ability to RV:

* DFI Funds Returned & Other Assets: $280+ Billion USD, plus other frozen assets (estimated at $100 billion) will be returned back to Iraq and added to their foreign currency reserve, bringing it up to $430+ billion USD.
    * CBI IQD Reserve Requirement Adjustment: The CBI will change the current fractional IQD reserve requirements from 100% to 15% at the appropriate time. As a result, the the total potential money supply will be raised in value to $2.8 Trillion (430 billion/15), while at the same time, the total physical IQD in circulation will be reduced by removing the large bills with the 3 zeros over a period of 2 years, as they have indicated.
    * Oil Production Increased: Iraq will also execute the plan they announced to increase oil production from 2+ million barrels/day to 10 million barrels/day with the resulting revenues flowing directly to the Iraq treasury.
    * Oil Futures & Forex Contracts Added: To further stir the pot, the CBI will continue to use it’s sales window to market oil futures and forex contracts. They have shown they can generate significant cash flow in the private market. Think of their impact in public markets.

There, my friends, is how this plan will be enacted and made possible. Taking NOTHING, and turning it into SOMETHING, then bringing it back to a “manageable and reasonable something” that is accepted and supported by seeming endless supplies of oil. This is how the world’s ENTIRE NEW MONETARY SYSTEM will be regenerated and supported and backed, given, in essence, a re-birth and renewed for most governments and economic regions… even by “Black Gold”.

So, here’s the summary for all the “players” involved, giving ballpark numbers, and not taking into account superfluous costs, fees, and other small details that don’t really affect the larger picture:

* Investor’s Net Gain: $10,000 – $200 = $9,800 x .65 = 6,370 for an investment that cost $10
    * Bank’s Net Gain: $200 added to “capital account”, plus $2,000 they can use to loan out.
    * US Treasury Net Gain: $2,500 from the .25 spread on top + $3,500 in quarterly taxes = $6,000
    * CBI/GOI/Iraqi People Net Gain: $12,500 – $162.50 = $12,337.50 + Profits from “Other Factors”

EVERYONE WINS… and the IQD is slowly (over 2 years) taken back in to the CBI… eventually destroyed, leaving a manageable M2 behind, having created HUGE WEALTH throughout the world to re-supply what was allowed to be destroyed in the “great bleed” over a period of just a few weeks a couple of years ago, even the greatest redistribution of wealth the world has ever seen. Believe it or not, it has happened for this very purpose, and it IS coming!

Go Iraq… Go Understanding… Go RV… Go Dinar!

Dinar Daddy
    Now I like your thinking thanks for the post dave

10. The Following User Says Thank You to armondtoth For This Useful Post:

dbcooper (12-07-2010)

+ Reply to Thread