Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kaperoni Rebutt to ****** Redom Chat

Thanks
    Thanks armondtoth, I'm just trying to look at this realistically from Iraq's veiw point and put myself in there shoes, and ask myself what would be best for us? Thats a hard one to call to say the least.
    If its not on SD...it's probably crap!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfultxn View Post
    You are making it sound like they cannot simply introduce another edition of the dinar to accomodate a 'lop'.

I dont understand where they would lose any credibility if they provide a means in which to exchange your old currency for the new without any loss to the person, company, gov, etc. doing an exchange. If they dont lose money there is not an ounce of credibility lost.

This is one of the risks that we all should have understood coming into this. We all hope for the best, a no 'lop' scenario with a good return - however, we should all be prepared for the possibility that there will not be a windfall in this venture and that we might actually lose a little because of cost of purchase and exchange. To do so or convince others otherwise, at least IMO, is being very irresponsible.
    The problem with your scenario is that is not what they have stated they are going to do in numerous articles.

[/B]

Thanks
    Db better go listen to Ali tape #3 at DD...he tells what he thinks is going to happen...a 3 step rv starting at around .26. Again, that is his opinion. And in regard to the CBI and what they can or cannot afford, they will never see these dinars again. Therefore, it will never effect there reserves. These are going to the FED's, converted to electronic cash, and destroyed. Then the fun begins as the currency is traded world-wide. Remember Iraq is bartering with many countries for oil contracts so this is a drop in the bucket to them. Very soon, you will all see. My question is to you? Why would you have gotten into this high risk investment for a potential 3X return? Seems to me you could have spent your time and money more wisely.

Thanks
    Kap, thats a no brainer, when we first got into this investment the information we have now was not available. There was never anything written that aluded to the removal of three zero's but there is now and possibility of that cannot be disgarded. I do not think it will LOP, but they have left that option on the table is what I was pointing out..go read it again.

fat
    Its nice to see all you brilliant minds at work here, and I think the discussion is healthy for everyone. In the articles, it does not say drop 3 o's from the large notes, it says from the Iraqi dinar currency. That means all the currency! The numbers do overlap but if you move the decimal point over 3, this may be possible. IMO, If they LOP they will RI there currency, put it back to where it was before sanctions. They have to RV in some way to compensate for the LOP. If they drop 3 o's from the currency and then drop 3 O's from the exchange rate, we loose a little before forex. Now they come out with new currency such as 50, 100, maybe 250 or a large one for bank transfers. Now there currency is just like the US. We know through the articles they have new currency with the Kurd's and such on it, just don't know which way its gonna go. On a better note, Iraq would loose billions if they LOP. Say at 1 to 1, and you were the CBI, what would you rather have in the bank, a 25k note worth $25,000, or a 25k note worth $25 dollars. As the exchange rises they gain even more! Lets keep this discussion civil and not call anyone wrong please. I personally thank all of you for all your input and thoughts...maybe we can get to the bottom of something....******
    Last edited by fat; 09-24-2010 at 03:26 PM.

fat
    Kap you may be right about the large notes... Central Bank announces the completion of 50% of the project to delete the zeros from currency
    BAGHDAD – Abdul Ghani Al-Saidi of the Central Bank of Iraq said that the project to remove the large denominated notes [delete the zeros] from the currency is one of strategic projects that were to start taking place since 2007, and that it is part of the reconstruction of the currency management system; and that it will facilitate the national payments system. An Advisor of the Ministry of Finance denied the intention to remove the large denominated notes [delete the zeros] from the national currency during the [near term] period, adding that the future of the Iraqi economy does not suffer from inflation, and therefore there is no need for its implementation. Mohammed Saleh of the CBI appeared and said that the project to remove the large denominated notes [delete tothe zeroes] will begin a new strategy for the new Iraqi economy.

He added that the bank has completed 50% of the preparations of the project to remove the large denominated notes [delete the zeros] from the currency. Saleh pointed out that the strategy is based on the principle of gradual substitution of the Iraqi currency where another with lower nominal value [is infused], indicating that the positives of this strategy are that it will be less expensive and easier to trade. He added that the project to remove the large denominated notes [delete the zeros] came after a long study and a broad debate with the Economic Committee of the Council of Ministers and the Commission on the currency in the CBI and the study project and its results have been approved in principle. Therefore, this sets the basic framework for substantive progress in the process when it starts up, and the process will be approved as long as it does not affect the obligations between the state and the private sector, such as construction and supply contracts and others; also that the addition of [new] contractors will not be affected, based on what has been organized by the Central Bank through the instructions and mechanisms established by the economic process in Iraq. [He is saying that the process will go forward and be monitored as to how it will affect the overall economic progress in Iraq.]
    He noted that the central bank is committed to the stated strategy and its projects with special reference to the deletion of large denominated notes [zeros] from the currency, He added that this comes within the framework of promoting economic Balrafhep [growth in?] Iraq, saying that despite the technical and logistical preparations for the removal of the large denominated notes [deletion of zeros], the goal of this project in the near future is not only to assess the economic aspects, but also to relate aspects [brought up by the] Assembly and other related security issues, in particular, [the fact that this is] a multi-dimensional issue [in an] extensive field [of the economy].
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c…xXpg5K0JUfvxmA

fat
    Kap...from another post... Had a good chat today and may have come up with something...remember this.. “’The current (E changed this to new) exchange rate is reasonable and stable and can be defended by our vast foreign reserves, totaling $43 billion U.S. dollars at the moment,’ Shabibi explained.”

With a LOP or RD...they don't need reserves. They would make out huge right! So a RV only is possible by this statement! GO RV...******

Read more: http://www.stardogger.net/forum/show...#ixzz10eiTJeM7

Thanks
    If they LOP there will be a lot of piu%% off peoples and major countries, they have to they will honor the currency face value

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jocko129 View Post
    If they LOP there will be a lot of piu%% off peoples and major countries, they have to they will honor the currency face value
    I might buy into that theory a little more if anyone that made claims that the governments of the world held dinar could ever show one actual article or statistical data of countries foreign reserves and held currencies to back up the statement.

Also, if they did redenominate and issue a new edition of the dinar and exchanged the dinar that we currently held to the new edition at 1000 to 1, they would be honoring the face value of that edition of the currency and most people would make money on the deal - not much, but they wouldnt be cheating anyone.

Thanks
    I agree hopfultxn, I have been asking everyone to produce any creditable article or document that states even an approximate amount of dinar that is being held by Governments around the world, Kap says there is a PPC agreement that states what the US has but I have been unable to find it.

+ Reply to Thread