Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The rainbow a great read in hopes of a rv tomm march 20th

Thanks

The rainbow a great read in hopes of a rv tomm march 20th

Registered and Approved!

Thanks
    March 20th The Promise of the Rainbow

Promise of the Rainbow

Welcome to Spring!'

As most know March 20th is the Spring Equinox.

The yearly transition from winter to spring...from the death of winter to the life of spring when all things are made new and fresh on the dawn of a new day.

But what many do not know, is that the Spring Equinox also marks the beginning of the new year .... this is the oldest marker for the new year known to man.

Yes, so far we have seen the Islamic New Year: December 18, 2009 (1431 A.H.) then we had January 1st New year of the Gregorian calendar ... next we had the Chinese New Year 2010, February 14th, The Year of the Tiger!

So what is so special about the Spring Equinox on March 20th?

Well, what we have right now is one of the oldest marked celebrations in the world ... the Ancient New Year .... this is a festival that pre-dates all religious rite and ceremony and is still celebrated to this day.

The ancient name for this day is Nowruz [pronounced NO-ROOZ] in Persian means "New-[year]-day". It is the beginning of the year for the people of Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Iran, and Tajikistan. Other Asian republics of the former Soviet Union are joining the group, and the latest report says that Turkey too has decided to declare Nowruz a holiday.

It is also celebrated as the new year by the people of the Iranian stock, particularly the Kurds, in the neighboring countries of Georgia, Iraq, Syria, and Turkey. It begins precisely with the beginning of spring on vernal equinox, on about March 21. (This year the vernal equinox occurs at 1:33 PM est March 20th).

In Kurdistan Nowruz is the most important day of the year and is marked by great celebration and joy.

Tradition takes Nowruz as far back as 15,000 years and that goes beyond the last ice age. King Jamshid (Yima or Yama of the Indo-Iranian lore) symbolizes the transition of the Indo-Iranians from animal hunting to animal husbandry and a more settled life in human history. Seasons played a vital part then. Everything depended on the four seasons. After a sever winter, the beginning of spring was a great occasion with mother nature rising up in a green robe of colorful flowers and the cattle delivering their young. It was the dawn of abundance. Jamshid symbolizes the person/people who introduced Nowruz celebrations.

Shi'i traditions attributed to the Imams endorsed the observance of Naw-Rúz, which was, it was said, the day of many events of great religious significance, among them God's first covenant with mankind, the first rising of the sun, the grounding of Noah's ark on Ararat, Gabriel's first appearance to Muhammad, the destruction of the idols in the Ka'bih by 'Alí, Muhammad's appointment of 'Ali as His successor, the appearance of the Qa'im, and the final triumph of the Qa'im over the Antichrist.

Such traditions echoed similar accounts of Naw-Rúz found in Zoroastrian literature.
    So this most Ancient of Days...Nowruz is said to be the day that Noah's Ark came to rest and as Noah came forth from the Ark he saw Gods promise and covenant...the Rainbow. The New Day.

So March 20th marks the day that Noah first saw the Rainbow set in sky as his promise and covenant to all of mankind.

So here we are...on the dawn of a new day....Nowruz.

Also did you know March 20th 2010 marks the 7th year anniversary of the start of the War in Iraq?

March 20th 2003 was the begining of the Iraq war and here we are 7 years later....will March 20th 2010 mark the true start of the "New Day"?

May all the world be blessed with peace on this new day and may the promise of the Rainbow seen by Noah on this day centuries ago again bring hope promise and peace to all of mankind and may March 20th 2010 mark the birth of this New Day for all and may the promise of the Rainbow be made manifest for all mankind.

Happy New Year!

The Day of the Rainbow.

Phoenix

http://articlesofinterest-kelley.blo...to-spring.html
    Reply Reply With Quote Top
    Today 12:30 PM #2
    mac82cab

Thanks
    Thank you for that informative and beautiful way to bolster our hopes and dreams.
    Today 12:56 PM #3
    djmom

Thanks
    That is exacting what I needed this morning! Thank you so much for contributing this beautiful information. I had no idea.
    Today 01:07 PM #4
    ndowning

Thanks
    Phoenix,
    Very interesting and enlightening. However, in my neck of the woods they're predicting 6-12 inches of snow!! Today it's 72.
    Today 01:13 PM #5
    nrwst
    Registered and Approved!

Thanks
    Wow, Thank you for that uplifting and encouraging post. Have a wonderful day, and yes may we all welcome a new beginning with the spring.
    Today 02:19 PM #6
    misty
    misty

Thanks
    Im so glad you posted this as I wanted to and didnt know how. thank you Phoenix
    Today 02:22 PM #7
    k98nights

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 569 Posts
    Dig it! Very nice... thank you!
    AKA Woody
    Today 02:33 PM #8
    dpa820

Thanks
    Thanks Phoenix, thanks for your inspiration! I received some bad news to today about two of my friend's families, one a cancer victim, other the death of a father. But I know that God will use those situations to inspire others just as you have inspired me this afternoon. Thanks and my God bless you always!!!

Thanks
    i thought the code phrase was life on mars? now we are looking for a rainbow? i have some skittles will that work?

Thanks
    Dat's funny right der I don't care where u from....If the rainbow brings the RV i'm happy with that as well!!!!

BAMA1
    I hope it RV's on the 20th. and we see a rainbow

SENIOR EXCUTIVE MEMBER
    Thanks
    Thank you for the post.

+ Reply to Thread