Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don't Buy STARBUCKS

Thanks

Don't Buy STARBUCKS

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open.. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting ! street-to-street and house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support... I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis..
    Sgt. Howard C. Wright
    1st Force Recon Co
    1st Plt PLT

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS . ALLOW IT TO BE PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT! ! !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers .... and Starbucks charged them!

JUST A NOTE TO THIS;
    STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS

GO GET 'EM AMERICA .

spruills
    This is not true. Starbucks allows you to buy bags of coffee & leave them at their stores. They then ship them to the troops over seas. They may have mediocre coffee, but they aren't dumb. They support our troops quite well.

Thanks
    Please, before you spread more "FALSE" information on the net, check it out at www.snopes.com or www.truthorfiction.com- you will save us all a lot of headaches

Thanks
    I would advise that all the administrators of Stardogger shouldn't allow anyone in this blog site to defame Starbucks because if they found sufficient proofs of evidence we defamed Starbucks, this blog site could be closed for good and be sued for nothing they have done. There are ways for Starbucks to cause the owners of this blog site to be the scapegoats because they allowed such propaganda to be written here to tarnish the name of Starbucks so freely. I am suggesting we should focus on dinar speculation or something else and keep the owners of this blog site safe. Prevention is always better than cure. Freedom of speech doesn't mean to bash some companies we believe may be bad. And we won't know whether someone formerly working as a manager in Starbucks was fired for an unjustifiable reason and he started spreading false news against Starbucks as a vengeance in return. That is all!
    Last edited by ILOVEYOU!; 03-20-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks
    i received this in my email as well........it's bogus!

Thanks
    I guess some ppl don't like success, losers i guess you can call them

Thanks
    I never did like STARBUCKS coffee,but I can not belive that STARBUCKS would ever say anything negative about the men on the ground in a war any war that our young men are fighting and dieing in.That would be corporate suicide.

Thanks
    This came from a pastor friend of mine so I see no reason why he would send something to me that wasn't true, oh and ILOVEYOU you can't be sued for posting a forwarded e-mail you can only sue the source, learn your law please.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by armondtoth View Post
    This came from a pastor friend of mine so I see no reason why he would send something to me that wasn't true, oh and ILOVEYOU you can't be sued for posting a forwarded e-mail you can only sue the source, learn your law please.
    doesn't matter who/where it comes from, people can be quite sincere but still be sincerely wrong. A 10-second visit to Google refutes it all. Someone else already has referenced Snopes, but check out what Starbucks has to say about it: http://news.starbucks.com/about+star...ydonations.htm. Here's a quote from the January 2010 update of the page originally dated 2005:

"At Starbucks, we respect the efforts of the men and women who serve their country in the military – including our fellow partners who serve during this time of war. In fact, Starbucks has partnered with the American Red Cross and the United Service Organizations (USO) to provide coffee to relief efforts during times of conflict, donating more than 141,000 lbs of coffee. In 2009 alone, Starbucks provided over 71,000 lbs of coffee to the USO for distribution to troops serving in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait. Additionally, troops all over the world are enjoying Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew in care packages they receive not only from Starbucks, but from their family and friends as well.

"Confirmation that this rumor is a blatant untruth can be found online at snopes.com, hoaxbusters.org, defenselink.mil, boycottwatch.org, truthorfiction.com, starbucks.com and amillionthanks.org. Below you will find the text from the Marine Sergeant correcting his mistake."

Thanks
    What makes you think that the pastor is a man of God. It's the End Times sir. That email has been debunked sooo long ago.

+ Reply to Thread