2-21-2013 Bondlady Article: "A senior political source revealed about the intention of the U.S. administration to inform the Iraqi government a message that the U.S. government is concerned monetary and financial developments taking place in the country." they don't want to give them anymore extensions per the dfi funds and frozen assets, they want them to pull there bloomers up and accept responsibility for their debts and their money and their country and people. the 23rd is a important date but it's not an rv date like many...say. its a mandate that they have been allowed to get extensions on for years just like the dfi funds and frozen assets, that deadline is coming also in may. the dfi funds, usa is saying no more protection before when they would ask for extensions on the mandates, also 2/23 that last one was i believe to be the very last extension. always before they would ask weeks in advance for an extension. we've seen nothing of that, so i think it's a go.

2-21-2013 BGG I am very optimistic for the next short period of time. There are a couple of dates that are interesting to look at. Obviously this 23rd date, a loan deadline & the end of the month that Randy Koonce spoke about is probably legitimate. Exxon is pretty much tired of dealing with Bagdad. So, we are looking at this 23rd date and the end of this month, those are both interesting timelines. I like everything I see here, anything is possible.

2-21-2013 Blaino watch for some news and updates later this evening! All is not as it seems, then it is, THEN...Clarification later!

2-21-2013 ****** EVERYTHING IS READY RIGHT NOW. UST IS IN LOCKDOWN AGAIN. THEY CAME OUT LAST WEEK. THEY WENT IN TODAY. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS WEEKEND LOOKS SHARP BUT HEY YOUR DEALING WITH COUNTIES AND GOVERNMENTS THAT DONT MAKE ANY LOGIC AT ALL.

2-21-2013 BGG The point is Iraq is running out of money and if you look at these marker dates they all have to do with money. I believe the real reason this budget is not getting done is because Najafi is putting the financial screws to Maliki one last time, making sure that it is as uncomfortable for him as absolutely possible. It all boils down to money. Without the budget he's got nothing. They are putting this budget vote off to see what Maliki is going to do.

2-22-2013 Shredd "Can't Iraq just keep on going like they have been and do all business in US Dollars?" First of all, without an internationally tradable currency, Iraq is walled off from the globalized financial system, thus raising the cost of business and increasing risk and uncertainty in the economy. Here's another big point: Without an international currency, you cannot manage your risks in the efficient ways that have become the standard in countries with internationally tradable currencies. Lastly, companies in the developing countries would have to enter the global competition with a crucial disadvantage...we can see for ourselves that investment is growing, infrastructure is building and measurable progress is taking place in Iraq.

2-22-2013 Adam Montana Right now Iraq is under minimal political pressure - the UN huffs and puffs but there is no real CONSEQUENCE to their actions or inactions. Iraq is going to move when they have to, or when they want to... and it will be for money. One way or another.

2-22-2013 Breitling I still haven't seen anything negative coming out of Iraq as far as infrastructure or anything that points to our investment. Articles came out and talked about how they are structuring the dinar for future use. Articles have come out and said Shabibi talked about how the dinar will be a foreign currency reserve. So, that means the dinar is going to be so stable and have such good value that central banks of other countries are going to take the dinar, put it in a central bank, store it and it will add value to their currency. So, here we are today trying to figure what they are doing today. They are talking about making the dinar relevant on an international scale. They are creating the perfect storm. Iraq knows exactly what's coming, in 200 years down the road if you were to be able to move forward, I guarantee that the dinar will be more of a success story than the USD. That's how much I believe in the infrastructure that they are putting up & what they are doing. The reality is they are trying to make the currency that we have more relevant. They like the idea that we have their currency. Look at their timing. They could revalue today, but what is the risk to do that? They don't have the infrastructure up 100%, it might be too big of a risk for them to do that. They need this to last for a very long time. There is not going to be an in country revaluation. It's going to be an internationally traded currency and a foreign currency reserve. That's how they are setting it up. That's why they haven't revalued yet because they want a long lasting infrastructure and that's it. They are still on cue. IMO, they are going to turn the IQD into a phenomenal internationally traded currency with real value behind it. It's a beautiful thing. One of these days there is going to be a hard revaluation, go up one big shot, even though we can handle it pipping up. It's going to happen and you guys are sitting on it. For us there is nothing better.