8-12-2015 Aggiedad77 Maliki and a former "acting governor of the CBI" could be named in a money-laundering and corruption scheme...the Integrity Commission is investigating these allegations and will be most assuredly prosecuting any and all who are believed to have been involved in the process...Keep in mind that the "former acting governor" that was mentioned was the one that Maliki personally chose after he tried to can Dr. S [Shabibi] ...yes eye brows were raised then because of his personal involvement in the appointment.....Maliki's brand of corruption knows no boundary....high or low.

8-12-2015 My Ladies THESE GLOBAL PAPERS [NEW YORK TIMES, REUTERS, RUSSIA TODAY, SKY NEWS, QABAS, BLOOMBERG, ETC.] ARE TALKING ABOUT SISTANI GIVING IMMUNITY TO ABADI AND BACKING HIM PUBLICLY WITH ALL THESE REFORMS. SISTANI TELLING ABADI THE TIME IS NOW TO GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT AND ALONG THE WAY RID THE CORRUPTION OF THE GOVERNMENT. IT GOES TO SHOW MORE AND MORE THAT IRAQ KNEW WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE BUT WAS JUST SITTING AND WAITING FOR THE GO AHEAD. SISTANI GAVE THE HEAD NOD AND THINGS ARE ON THE FAST TRACK AGAIN.

8-12-2015 Kaperoni [they are suffering over there and need this so very badly.] ...maybe so..but you cannot arbitrarly create an exchange rate...dont work that way.

8-12-2015 Adam Montana This week I'm in the same boat as last week... no HCL, no RV. We all know this can't continue forever... One thing to watch for this week is China. While this isn't directly related to the Dinar, it's a good example of how an independent bank or country can do whatever they want to their currency. China has a long history of manipulating the markets via their Bank, and it will be interesting to see how their recent actions play out. Time will tell.

8-12-2015 sczin11 AFTER READING THE PRINT, AND THE OPINIONS IN THE LAST 24 HOURS, I FELT THE NECESSITY TO OPINE. THE IRAQI DINAR IS A CURRENCY, BEING USED TODAY, IN IRAQ, AND SOON TO BE ACCEPTED GLOBALLY...IT IS LEGAL TENDER... IT IS NOT MONOPOLY MONEY...THE NEWLY PRINTED AND DESIGNED CURRENCY, THAT STARTED TO BE RELEASED, MID LAST YEAR, IS CONSIDERED ONE OF THE MOST SECURE IN THE WORLD, IF NOT THE MOST SECURE...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CURRENCY IN COUNTRY ONLY, WITH AN ALTERNATIVE CURRENCY FOR OUTSIDE...WHO DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO?

8-12-2015 BGG [...you cannot arbitrarly create an exchange rate...dont work that way. Saddam tried that...] technically - Saddam didn't...the USD went the wrong way and he refused to go with a different rate internally for the IQD.

8-12-2015 sczin11 IRAQ IS GOING THROUGH THE MAJOR ER [ECONOMIC REFORM] AND MR [MONETARY REFORM] THAT ABADI HAS PROMISED THE PEOPLE WOULD TAKE PLACE. I BELIEVE HE WAS EXPECTING ALL THIS TO BEGIN BACK IN JUNE...ESPECIALLY AFTER MAKING NUMEROUS ANNOUNCEMENTS REGARDING SAME...AND DONT FORGET ABADI SPEECH TO THE WORLD, BACK IN JANUARY FROM DAVOS... "IRAQ IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS". WE ARE EXPERIENCING HISTORIC WORLD EVENTS, RIGHT HERE IN IRAQ...WE ARE SEEING AN ENTIRE NATION, WAKE UP TO THE REALITY OF TODAY...NO MORE BEHIND THE TIMES...NO MORE LAGGING WITH CURRENT DAYS TECHNOLOGIES AND INTERNATIONAL PROTOCOLS...ALL THESE ISSUES HAVE BEEN METICULOUSLY WORKED ON AND ARE NOW BEING IMPLEMENTED, AND ACTIVATED...AND WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, IRAQ WILL EMERGE AS THE POWER HOUSE OF THE MIDDLE EAST...

8-12-2015 Kaperoni I fear that Allaq gets removed and we start over with a new CBI Gov and that means another setback and waiting game. Sure I would like to see him go, but everytime they replace the gov, it means status quo for at least a year.

8-12-2015 Adam Montana [What do you think prompted Abadi to take such quick action in the bigger scheme of things?] It's my HOPE that Abadi is getting back into "grind mode", like he was in the beginning of his term. If you recall how much he accomplished right out the gate after his election, this recent uptick in activity may be an indicator that he's making big moves again. What he's doing right now is a great start - get rid of some unnecessary people, simplify the government, and slam that HCL in place. Let's get it done!

8-13-2015 Aggiedad77 08-10-2015...there was an abundance of news from Iraq ...about the COM meeting that is to happen ...Thursday. They mentioned it would contain some "sudden and important" information...to me that is key...and it would be really special to many people, us included, if some of this information would include their plans for things like the HCL, the Investment Law, the National Guard Law...anything they have been dragging their feet on...some of these have been delayed for a number of years. I also tied this to the announcement that Speaker of Parliament Jubouri made earlier in the day that Parliament is going to be refocusing on getting laws passed...they would read a law...then Parliament would only have 14 days to get the second reading accomplished, followed by only a max of 14 days to get to a vote on a law...their version of "fast tracking". IMO...tomorrow [Thursday] should shed much light on the near term direction of things for the overall government I think.

8-13-2015 Frank26 In Our Opinion...and mind you there is no desire here to pose a date of any kind...understand that When a rate is finally given...what may be seen is a period of time when brokers will stop selling their currency for a period of time...what kind of time period...no one can really say...it could be dictated by different parameters they are given at that time... special instructions if you will...Maybe as short as a few minutes or an hour up to a day or more...this will be their time to make changes in their web sites and purchase plans to accommodate the new rate. We believe this may be determined to some degree by the amount of currency that has been returned to Iraq at that time, and we know from news articles that money is finding its way back to their banks...the reforms are already at work and money that left under corrupt circumstances is being identified and returned...thinking about this...it is a logical situation that we may or may not notice happening depending on how quickly it is allowed to happen.

8-13-2015 Millionday ALL BANKS ARE NOW TO ONLY TRADE IN DINARS AND THE US DOLLAR TRADE IS SUSPENDED IN IRAQ. THIS MEANS FOR IRAQ THAT ALL PRICING AND USE WITHIN THE COUNTRY WILL BE IN DINAR SO THIS TELLS US THAT THEY HAVE REGAINED CONFIDENCE IN THE DINAR AND THEIR ECONOMIC SYSTEM WITHIN THE REFORMS...HUGE PROGRESS. PRICING ALL IN DINARS LETS US KNOW THAT THE GOAL OF A MARKET ECONOMY WOULD REQUIRE THE PRICE OF THE DINAR THROUGH INTERNATIONAL EQUATION...AS IN ALL GLOBAL ECONOMICS. [It just seems that there is a lot of forward motion from all different avenues and all leading to the same answer = an RV.] I DONT KNOW WHEN -- NO DATE OR RATE BUT I AM EXCITED OVER ALL THE PROGRESS AND SEE THIS SHOWING THEIR REFORMS -- WHICH IS HUGE. LET ME SAY THIS...THE BANKING REFORM AND ALSO THE ECONOMIC PROGRAM PLANNING ETC -- HAS ...ASSIGNED ROLES TO BANKS WITHIN IRAQ...THERE MAY BE NEWS THAT COMES OUT IN THE FUTURE THAT SOME WILL BE CONFUSED BY -- BUT DONT LET IT CONFUSE YOU BECAUSE -- OIL IS SOLD IN US DOLLAR SO, WE SHOULD STILL SEE REFLECTION OF THE US DOLLAR FOR OIL TRADE ETC --- HOWEVER --- ALL BANKS CANNOT TRADE IN US DOLLAR -- IT WILL NOT HIT THE STREETS OR STORES ETC.

8-13-2015 Chattels [...is M [Maliki] in or out?] he is out as far as Abadi is concerned, but I do not think that it is over yet...maybe going, going, but not gone yet is the best description of his current status. Maliki is being referred to as a "former official". [there saying Abadi giving orders for Maliki to evacuate the palace he was living in.] there is news that former officials are not welcome in the parliament as well.

8-13-2015 Adam Montana [What do you make of them postponing the implementation of the tariffs at the last minute...?] I am fine with it. They need to revalue the currency, kick up their economy, and then impose tariffs.