Al-Maliki: Two issues prevent Saudi Arabia from improving its relationship with Iraq .. George Bush moved toward them and failed!

07/28 2020 17:14

Al-Maliki

Baghdad today - Baghdad

the leader of the coalition of state law, Nuri al-Maliki, former Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki, today, Tuesday, July 28, 2020, new details concerning his relationship with Saudi Arabia, the days of his presidency and the intervention of former US President George Bush to resolve his differences with Riyadh.

Maliki said in a televised interview, followed by (Baghdad Today), "In my experience with the government, I tried to solve the problem of Saudi Arabia with Iraq and the first countries I visited were Saudi Arabia and tried to freeze the dispute and sectarian and political conflict, but I did not succeed."

"The United States tried under the era of former President George Bush to create a state of reconciliation between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, and Bush himself went to Saudi Arabia and could not solve the problems, so he asked me: Why do they have this insistence not to solve it ?, I said that the problem at first is sectarian because they believe that Baghdad The capital of the Abbasid caliphate is not to be ruled by a Shiite.

He added, "The second issue is that Saudi Arabia is a respectable and neighboring country that has its location and size, but it wants to shorten the Arab decision in it, and it is not eligible for that, as was Gamal Abdel Nasser, so I created problems with Iraq, Syria, Qatar and with Turkey because it also wants to reduce the Islamic decision."

He stressed that "the Arab and Islamic decision is greater than Saudi Arabia and any other country, and every country has its sovereign decision." Noting that "Iraq will not settle or recover if it takes place in the orbit of a country in the region, so the relationship should be balanced with everyone on the basis of interests, not that You have one axis with one country against another.

Regarding what has been raised about his leadership of a "deep state" in Iraq, Maliki said that "talking about the existence of a deep state under my leadership (they are) and whoever proposes it from political figures wants to offend," stressing that "the Dawa Party has 14 positions as general manager of 4 thousand in the state ".

A few days ago, the leader of the State of Law coalition, Saad al-Muttalabi, commented on the Saudi call for the establishment of a "moderation alliance" between Iraq and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, while warning of a "dangerous Saudi scheme", according to what he said.

Al-Muttalabi said in an interview with (Baghdad Today), "If there is a new position for Saudi Arabia and a change of its stance towards Iraq, and to engage in the Iraqi project calling for societal peace and calling for rid the region of problems, then hold such an alliance a positive step, but if he expects Iraq to engage with Saudi Arabia, this is impossible. "

And that "the Iraqi forces know very well that Saudi Arabia has a plan to restore Iraq as a guard for the eastern gate, and to push Iraq into a new regional war, and this thing will never happen, and even the Iraqi government cannot make such a strategic decision without broad political support."

The leader of the State of Law coalition added, "We are with the (Moderation Alliance) contract between Iraq and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, but not within the current Saudi policy towards Iraq and the Iraqis, and we are supportive of any movement and step that ends the problems in the region and ends the sectarian tension."

baghdadtoday.news