11-20-2014 Aggiedad77 Article: "Bahr al-Ulum: there are directions to collect the oil wealth of laws and the law of one" Talk continues in the direction of what the Iraqi's in this article call "the law of one". ...what they are referring to here is the HCL...the Oil and Gas Law...seeking to meld the desires of Baghdad with the concerns of Erbil into "one" and of course this makes the most sense...one common law that will dictate how oil and gas issues are dealt with in Iraq...Another show of unity for all Iraqis if they can make this happen. I personally believe they are very close to agreement on the issues at hand, that after many years of no real negotiations we are seeing positive interactions between both groups and actual movement forward...the ball is indeed moving down field.

11-20-2014 Adam Montana [ If HCL is approved,do they necessarily have to wait until Budget 2015 is approved before they can RV their currency? With current situation, is it true that the lower oil price will force them to RV their currency ASAP?] Nope! They won't be "forced" to do anything, and they can RV with or without a current "budget"... but I strongly believe that when they do make that announcement, there will already be an approved budget ready to go waiting only on the CBI's rate to be plugged in.

11-20-2014 tman23 LISTEN CAREFULLY!!! CONFIRMED THE PEOPLE'S SALARIES IN MOSUL AND NINEVEH PROVIDENCE HAVE BEEN RELEASED... [and/or LD's are out?] Dont even want to guess at it...just know that those in the Kurd region and Nineveh Providence which is Sunni are being paid...Note that each gov't entity releases salaries...the retirement is being paid for the 8th month...social security/welfare benefits are not paid yet...civil servant salaries are released...And some say they need to travel to Baghdad but those with smart cards can collect anywhere...as for today...Iraq is very very quiet in regards to news being published for outside sources.

11-20-2014 Poppy3 Article: "Abadi calls for global investment firms to return to Iraq Date" ...WE ALL KNOW THE INVESTMENT FIRMS WILL NOT RETURN UNTIL A NEW RATE GIVES THEM SOMETHING TO TRADE ON. HOWEVER IT IS VERY ENCOURAGING THAT THE PM IS ASKING TODAY FOR THEM TO COME BACK INTO IRAQ. LETS HOPE THEY ARE ABOUT TO RAISE THE RATE AND ARE INFORMING TRADERS WHEN THEY WILL HAVE A ACCEPTABLE RATE.

11-20-2014 TNT Tony & DC [via Already Blessed] EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT...IT IS THE WEEKEND...

11-20-2014 tman23 If you are offered an exchange rate of $1.13 per IQD or even 86 cents per IQD...Well I'm all in!!! No waiting for a float to a better rate...And the "phrase" passed around...the second mouse gets the cheese...I counter with...the early bird gets the worm.

11-21-2014 DC ALL IS STILL ON TRACK...WE STILL HAVE 3.58 DINAR. IT APPEARS WE ARE ALL BACK TO ONE BASKET...ALL IN THE SAME BASKET NOW, COULD CHANGE BUT RIGHT NOW ALL SHOWING. THE REST OF THE WORLD HAS BEEN KINDA WAITING ON US, VIPS IN MANY COUNTRIES HAVE BEEN GOING FOR A WHILE, BUT WE ARE NEXT. IRAQ HAS THE TIMING BALL NOW, US PROMISES TO WORK WITH THEM, AS OF A FEW HOURS AGO STILL THE SAME. THE CBI WILL PUSH IT OUT, THEN ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL BE MADE AFTER THE FACT. [Are we going to have the Best Thanksgiving ever?] IT IS FULLY PLANNED ACROSS THE WORLD FOR BEFORE BLACK FRIDAY, WE HAVE HAD OTHER DATES PROMISED, BUT THINGS LOOK SO DARN GOOD...I THINK XMAS SHOPPING WILL BE VERY FUN FOR EVERYONE. ALL MY FOLKS POINT TO VERY VERY CLOSE...THINGS LOOK REALLY GOOD AND AS LONG AS IT STAYS LIKE THIS, WE ARE GOLDEN...BOTTOM LINE, WE ARE STILL VERY GOOD TO GO.

11-21-2014 TerryK THIS BLESSING IS DAHM CLOSE. I'M HEARING THEY ARE LOADING CARDS YESTERDAY AND TODAY WHAT I'M GETTING IS THAT THEY ARE FAST TRACKING THIS NOW AND TESTING THE SYSTEM AGAIN. WHY WOULD THEY TEST A SYSTEM UNLESS THEY MEAN TO TURN IT ON? NO RATES YET.

11-21-2014 Aggiedad77 People should be happy outside of Iraq...because the people inside of Iraq are very happy. The government is the real deal. Their PM is an honest man looking for ways to improve life for all Iraqis...in a corrupt-free environment. He proves that he can take action if he is crossed. The GOI is cooperative…The Parliament is cooperative. The many committees that have been formed work together. We don't know the date or the rate.....but who cares. Be excited for all that you see is happening...

11-21-2014 Poppy3 i think the next 24 hours and then beginning monday morning for 48 more hours will really shed some light on our status pertaining to our rate increase timing. [The month of November sure seems to be bringing Christmas early?] very very possible. NOT sure how probable but for sure very possible.

11-21-2014 tlm724 Article: "Shammari calls for the adoption of the state departments of the local currency rather than in US" calling all state depts to use the dinar instead of the US dollar...the global economic situation makes it imperative for everyone and the advancement of national vigor and the Iraqi economy...using it will enhance the economy no doubt...the more demand for the dinar the higher the value! It's so awesome to see this push.

11-21-2014 Adam Montana [We have been watching Iraq for the past several years go through the motions of forming laws and remaking their country. Doesn't it seem like they are reinventing the wheel?] The country was plunged into poverty and chaos a little over a decade ago. Today, they are moving forward with solid plans and excellent progress. Maybe they are "reinventing the wheel", but I believe they are doing exactly what they need to do to regain their former strength and status.