A deputy announces the suspension of his membership in parliament to protest against the delay of questioning two ministers

2019/7/25 15:25

A

[Rep. Yusuf al-Kalabi, MP ] on Thursday suspended his membership in the House of Representatives in protest against the delaying of the request to question the ministers of finance and oil on the issue of oil revenues from the Kurdistan region.

According to a document issued by his office today, Al-Kalabi said,"I have responded to this work to be the voice of the vulnerable of the Iraqi people, without distinction between one person and another on the basis of religion or doctrine or race or nationality, but all Iraq is home and all its people are my family."

"When I asked for equality between the people and the disclosure of oil money in the region did not target the Iraqi Kurdish people, but the theft of funds in Kurdistan, and when I asked to host ministers from the stakeholders did not mean only to know what the people and what it is.

"I am surprised by the lack of respect for ministers hosted by the Council of Representatives, this means disrespect for the people or at least to underestimate the national voice and reduce it," adding that "the file of non-delivery of oil and imports of border crossings and other resources is one of the most important files as well as unfair distribution of funds between the provinces" .

"I have decided to suspend my membership in the House of Representatives from July 25 until August 1 2019," he said, calling on members of the House of Representatives to support him in this demand.

The MP for a coalition of state law, Mansour al-Baiji, confirmed Thursday, that the continuation of the Minister of Finance to send funds to the Kurdistan region, is a violation of the federal budget law and the wealth of the provinces.

"The parliament voted on this year's budget, which stipulates that 250 thousand barrels per day of oil will be sent to the federal government until the province's share of the budget is sent, but the Kurdistan government did not send one barrel of oil," he added.

Al-Baiji said that "the Minister of Finance is acting in a national way and it works for the Kurdistan region and not for Iraq as a minister of the federal government and this is clear to all through his insistence on sending money despite the lack of commitment of the Kurdistan government to send oil and other imports as stipulated by the federal budget, To "intervene directly to preserve the wealth of other provinces that loot in front of everyone."

alliraqnews.com