A legal expert explains Abdul Mahdi's options after March 2

19/2/2020 16:23

A

[Baghdad-Ain]
The legal expert, Tariq Harb, affirmed that no constitutional vacuum would take place in the event that resigned Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi resorted to the solutions stipulated in the internal system of the Council of Ministers.
Harb said in a press statement, today, Wednesday, that "the solutions stipulated for the resigned Prime Ministerafter the second of March are either the interruption of working hours and not continuing to manage his duties in the conduct of daily business or retirement from taking his own actions or traveling outside Iraq."

He added that "in the event of the discontinuation or travel of Abdul-Mahdi, there is no constitutional vacuum in the presence of two deputies for him, who will replace him is the first deputy and in the absence of him also will replace the second deputy in the caretaker administration until the formation of the new government."

He referred to "the incapacity of the resigned Prime Minister to present a proposal to dissolve the House of Representatives," stressing that "the constitution provided for the approval of the President of the Republic to dissolve the House of Representatives."

He explained that Abdul-Mahdi's last message wanted him to urge Parliament to expedite the vote on the new cabinet.

The resigned prime minister, Adel Abdul Mahdi, had warned of the danger of entering a new vacuum because of the delay in forming the new government.

Abdul-Mahdi said in the text of his message about forming the next government that the Iraqi News Agency (INA) received: "I will find in front of me nothing but resorting to the solutions stipulated in the constitution or the internal system of the Council of Ministers, and my aim in all of this is to help the success of the next government and stop the constitutional violations that It works against the interest of the country and its constitutional democratic system. "

alliraqnews.com