1-8-2016 Admin Bob Article: "Central bank: Stamping contracted 10 000 specie to diversify their savings and get a 24 carat gold" Quote: "...a confirmation of his announcement earlier intention to sell gold different weights for those wishing to purchase it from the citizens..." Sure looks like this is part of the plan to get the dinar out of the citizens homes. ...a means of consolidation which is a very basic but effective plan to exchange a manageable Iraq gold coin for dinar. With trillions of dinar held by citizens, they should jump at the chance to get rid of it.

1-8-2016 Adam Montana [Some time ago, it was reported Iraq applied for a credit rating. Any updates on that and what it means for budget and/or RV?] No updates on it...we're about at the time-frame that I suspected it would take, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear about that again soon. Of course, with a major change in the rate, the credit rating may be delayed... but at that point, we won't care.

1-8-2016 Frank26 Vietnam has actually bowed and will be walking away from a fixed currency...fixed for many decades...you are telling us to make it a free float...yes...a free float that certainly won’t go downward...go to the Central Bank of Vietnam...what they are doing right before your eyes is exactly what Iraq is doing.

1-8-2016 Enorrste Article: "Central bank: Stamping contracted 10 000 specie to diversify their savings and get a 24 carat gold" I suspect that the Iraqi economy is skewed so that the vast majority of the money is held by a small percentage of the population. Therefore, while this won't mean anything to the vast majority of the people in Iraq because they cannot afford to purchase the coin, those who can, will. This small percentage of the people probably hold over 80% of the dinars anyway. Furthermore, since gold is a "real" asset which will move up and down in value as gold around the world does, this will insulate the gold holders from a falling dinar. Therefore, this "adjustment" of the rate to a lower rate is almost certainly being done to scare the big fish into purchasing the gold coins, thereby turning in their paper money. All in all this seems like a well thought out plan on the part of the CBI to reduce the paper money in Iraq quickly.

1-8-2016 Kaperoni From CBI - "To all licensed banks (the transition from the uniform accounting system for banks and insurance companies to international standards)" Looks to me that the CBI has asked all the banks in Iraq to get up to international standards asap.

1-8-2016 BGG ...if they are willing to GIVE UP GOLD from their reserves... for IQD - that means they are "buying" - they must think it has VALUE... This is the CBI mind you. the basic premise is this - the CBI is willing to trade GOLD for IQD...that only says one thing to me.

1-8-2016 wmawhite Quote: "Central banks are buying gold coins called gold and confirms the arrival of the 100 dinar coin" ...this new CBI announcement appears to be straight forward and is in keeping with what they said they would do four weeks ago. At that time the CBI stated that 70% of all of the currency that is out in Iraq was being kept by individual citizens and that they (CBI) had plans to draw that currency into the banks. Well, here it is. However, what is more amazing is what appears to be the placing of a value upon the individual dinar based upon a world accept value of gold. If the translation is correct the CBI is stating that they are selling 15 and 25 gram coins for 100 IQD and 250 IQD. The current spot price of gold is $1,100 per ounce. 25 grams is .77 oz. .77 of $1,100 is $847. Divide $847 by the 250 IQD and you have an equal value of $3.38 per IQD. Interesting that the CBI would offer an accepted asset of great value for a currency of less value UNLESS the value is in the process of changing.

1-9-2016 chattels Tariffs? How significant are they in the great scheme of financial matters for Iraq? My sense is that too much is being made of them relative to our liquidity event and as a solution to Iraq's economic woes. The greater significance and consequence of the imposition of tariffs in Iraq for our event may be INFLATION. I have never seen any revenue projections to the State of Iraq as a result of the tariffs.

1-9-2016 Frank26 I will tell you the World Bank and the CBI are very close right now...making calculations or arrangements that are necessary...for the Iraqi dinar to join them. So why would they have an interest in a vagabond...of course they would if there was money to be made.

1-9-2016 Poppy3 WE ARENT RUNNING THE BASES RIGHT NOW WE ROUNDED HOME AND NEXT STEP IS SCORING . KEEP SMILING RICH FRIENDS.

1-9-2016 OOTW "The only way forward to resolve these disagreements between Baghdad and Erbil is to pass the Federal Revenue Sharing Law and the Federal Hydrocarbon Law..." WHY DOES EVERYONE PIN SO MUCH ON THE OIL AND GAS LAW AS A PRECURSOR OR SIGN OF AN "RV"? IT GETS DOWN TO THE REVENUE SHARING LAW. THIS LAW (REVENUE SHARING LAW) HAS HAD ONLY ONE READING. THAT WE CAN TELL BY THE PARLIAMENT SITE. THE GOI/THE KRG STILL NEEDS A CENSUS... CERTAINLY, WE HAVE SEEN ARTICLES ELUDING THAT THERE HAS BEEN A CENSUS PERFORMED, HOWEVER, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF THIS AT ANY GOVT SITE.. AND BTW...IF ALL LAWS WERE IN PLACE PERTAINING TO BE ABLE TO DISTRIBUTE SHARES TO THE PEOPLE FOR OIL PROCEEDS, THEY COULD EASILY DOLE OUT THE MONIES TO THEM AT THE CURRENT RATE OF THE IQD. THE PRIMARY REASON TO WATCH FOR THIS, IF EVEN STILL APPLICABLE, IS THAT WE WANT TO SEE COHESION BETWEEN THE GOI AND THE KURDS. TO MY MIND, THE PASSING OF HCL, OIL AND GAS, ETC IS NOT AN ALARM BELL THAT THE "RV" IS COMING. IT'S GOOD, BUT IT'S NOT A TELL TALE SIGN.

1-9-2016 Poppy3 RV IS IN SIGHT IN MY OPINION. ACCORDING TO CBI, IMF THEY ARE MAKING SMART CARD...GLOBAL SUNDAY OR MONDAY THIS WEEK. THEIR WORDS NOT MINE.