What did Al-Kazemi say about the burning of the Democratic Party headquarters in Baghdad?

Posted, 10/18/2020 19:50

What

[Baghdad-Where]
Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi stressed, on Saturday, the rejection and condemnation of the incident of burning the headquarters of the Kurdistan Democratic Party in central Baghdad.
An informed source said, "Al-Kazemi said during the emergency meeting of the Ministerial Council for National Security, that what happened today of burning the headquarters of the Democratic Party in Baghdad is unacceptable and condemned ... and most importantly, it is not spontaneous!"
Al-Kazemi added, according to the source: "When I say it is not spontaneous, because I regretfully contemplate the feet of various political and media parties to incite during the past days, set a date for the demonstration, call for it publicly and support it publicly."
The Prime Minister added, "I say it is not spontaneous because political statements are answered by a political response and not by using groups to burn headquarters," warning by saying: "What happened betrays a grave danger because dialogue and political stampede has begun to take a dangerous turn towards the use of violence ... Today is burning and tomorrow is blood to allow. God ... this is what we must not allow. "
And he added, "I directed that the perpetrators be arrested from any party they were, and we will arrest every perpetrator for burning and sabotage operations against official, party or civil civil or military establishments ... We condemned the headquarters war operations and demolished some of them in Nasiriyah and other cities and considered it sabotage, and today we strongly condemn this act."
He went on to say, "We will do the legal texts against any such transgression today or tomorrow .. Demonstrations have contexts and limits and should not turn into an act of sabotage."
He stressed that "political dialogue between parties is part of the solution ... the disagreement and then using the street to stir up disagreement and split Iraqi society is unacceptable." Pointing to "the need for clear mechanisms and guarantees regarding the law of peaceful protest and an attempt to exploit the street’s understanding of the demonstrations, whether demanding or political, to challenge the prestige of the state and bypassing the law is unacceptable."

alliraqnews.com