6-8-2015 tlm724 Article: "Parliament calling on the government to freeze the "oil and gas law," and proceeds to have a new draft" I was asked this question: Think we need this done prior? This is more important for the people of Iraq, the citizens deserve their fair share of the oil profits! Does this reflect our investment one way or the other? I say nope. I am sure the CBI would like to see the stability and unity that will go along with the law but it is NOT necessary IMO to continue forward with the currency reform. Besides, WHEN the Kurds and Baghdad actually execute their oil agreement it will cover all that is needed as far as the gas and oil export etc... for the short term.

6-8-2015 BGG I have said - for sometime - it is not impossible for me to envision Iraq get things under way (fiscally) as a much needed stop-gap budget solution...and quite honestly - I may or may not be right about that - but at this point, it's looking more and more like this may be what they are faced with.

6-8-2015 Poppy3 ...we HAVE ABADI COVERING THE WORLD FROM USA, FRANCE, GERMANY ETC BEGGING FOR FUNDS. WE HAVE PENDING LOANS THAT THEY CAN'T DRAW ON TILL THEY HAVE A CREDIT RATING THAT THEY CAN'T GET TILL THEY HAVE VALUE ON THEIR CURRENCY HIGHER THAN TOILET PAPER? THEN WE HAVE AGREEMENTS FROM 8 COUNTRIES TO HELP PROTECT THEM, WE HAVE DEADLINES PENDING EVERY FEW DAYS...THEY HAVE SIGNED CONTRACTS INTO BILLIONS WITH NO MONEY TO GET THEM IMPLEMENTED, THEY WANT AND HAVE A TIME TABLE TO IMPLEMENT THE TARIFF LAWS AND NO 3000 NEW EMPLOYEES TO IMPLEMENT THAT WON'T PAY FOR ITSELF AT 1166... THIS IS REALLY GETTING TO BE FUNNY IN MANY WAYS AS THEY ARE AND HAVE PAINTED THEMSELVES INTO THE CORNER OF A LARGE ROOM. I THINK THEY HAVE TO PAY US VERY SOON BECAUSE THE WIGGLE ROOM IS CLOSING IN.

6-8-2015 Tlar This is a fluid situation and it can and has changed direction on a dime many times based on what recently happened on the ground. So I advise you to understand that what I believe is going on, may or may not be actually as I see it. First, I believe the CBI when they state shortly they will introduce the 50 and 100 thousand notes. I think this is a necessary temporary fix to a problem that showed up earlier. The temporary problem was and is, LIQUIDITY. Liquidity is best resolved on by the loosening currency to the streets. The best way to do this is to get cash to the banks and have them start making loans to businesses and individuals as we all know. The other way to resolve the liquidity problem is to continue the auctions selling USD at a level that would meet the needs of the public as they come into the banks. But to continue doing so would reduce the reserves as they are drained off to supply both the currency needs sold at auction and meeting balance of payments. All balance of payments (remittances) have to be done in USD because the dinar is not yet a tradable currency. This was exactly what we saw starting to happen at the CBI. The CBI who is responsible for monetary policy and circulating currency which is a function of liquidity, decided they had to temporarily introduce a new note with value in the hopes that it would at least alter the needs of the market and reduce the amount of USD being sold at auction. In other words the purpose of these notes is to hopefully temporarily satisfy the overage above 75 million needed each day in the market so they could adhere to the cap. Parliament then loosened the cap until the CBI could get these notes out. The other reason they want to introduce these notes is to get the Iraqi's used to using the dinar again. These high value notes will be sold at auction and will undoubtedly be part or all of the 5 trillion in loans that the CBI is scheduled to loan the banks. This will be the way these high value notes are introduced to the market. Their intention is not to replace USD nor is it their intention to trade for other three zero notes. The intention is to quickly raise liquidity only. These notes will not slow the delete the zero program down as they themselves have told us. They are the precursor to the delete the zero program...opinion only.

6-8-2015 Poppy3 IF IT WAS A GOOD INVESTMENT 3 YEARS AGO OR 12 YRS AGO IT IS A GREATER INVESTMENT TODAY THAN EVER BEFORE .

6-8-2015 Millionday [could this 82nd airborne deploying to Iraq in June and also now Obama is saying Iraq is gaining security could be the trigger for RV?] IT SEEMS TO BE THE ABILITY TO HAVE A MARKET ECONOMY -- THEY SEEM TO BE ANNOUNCING STABILITY AND SAFETY -- PROTECTION ETC.

6-9-2015 Delta URGENT FROM IRAQIA TV: THE NEW PAPER CURRENCY IS SCHEDULED TO PUT ON THE MARKET NEXT MONTH. IT WILL REDUCE THE DEMAND FOR THE DOLLAR AND RAISE THE VALUE OF DINAR! [...sometimes when they say "next month" it means this month. I there a possibility that they could do it this month?] YES VALUE WILL COME FIRST AND VERY HIGH POSSIBILITY THIS MONTH, AND THEN GET NEW NOTE NEXT MONTH.

6-9-2015 Mnt Goat Article quote: "House of Representatives ended the second legislative term, putting on a shelf commentary important laws package included "paper political agreement" that emerged by the Government Abadi." This past weekend out popped an article...It is one of those articles telling us so much. It also emphasizes once again what is the hold up is. It sums up much of the current events in the handling of these much needed laws in the Reconciliation process. Remember these are just not “nice to have” laws, but laws that were part of the agreement to allow Abadi and his government to begin the formation and to complete the government. Thus the government is NOT FULLY FORMED until each of these laws are passed and enacted. In 2009-10 they called it the Erbil or Arbil agreement. The Needed Laws? National Guard law; Federal Court law; Parties law; Oil and Gas law (this may hold up royalty payments if not passed?); Amnesty (mentioned in another article); Federation Council law. So I do not see any real progress being made towards seeing an RV until early July when the legislature comes back from recess.

6-9-2015 Millionday [Do you think the reason Kurdistan hasn't been paid of their share of the oil revenue is because Baghdad doesn't have the money fully to pay them and they are waiting for the revaluation of the currency for additional funding? Iraq can't go to global economy without internationally traded currency.] STICKING TO THE AGREEMENT WITH FEDS AND KURDISTAN HAD SO MANY RESOLVES INVOLVED I WAS NOT NOR WAS MANY SURE WHY THEY WOULD NOT STICK TO THE AGREEMENT -- THE PROGRESS LOOKS AS IF IT IS ABADI AND HIS GREAT WORKS FOR ALL PEOPLE -- SO MANY REASONS THIS AGREEMENT SHOULD STICK BUT YES MONEY IS A HUGE ONE. THEY AS A NATION WANT TO MOVE FORWARD - PER THE REFORMS THEY ARE SO EXCITED ABOUT AND THE OPPORTUNITY -- HUGE.

6-9-2015 sczin11 The Plan Continues... Article: "The prime minister for economic affairs adviser appearance of Mohammed Saleh, Tuesday, to lend the amount of $ 833 million for the International Fund for Iraq have positive signs and encourage donors and the international community to deal with Iraq." LAST WEEK WHEN THE RELEASE FROM THE IMF APPEARED TO THE PUBLIC, REGARDING THE $833 MILLION DOLLAR LOAN, THE VAST MAJORITY LOOKED AT IT, AND TOOK A BREATH OF FRESH AIR, IRAQI LIQUIDITY ISSUES ARE TAKEN CARE OF AGAIN, AT LEAST TEMPORARILY.... FOLKS, ASIDE FROM THE CONFLICTING WORDS IN THE RELEASE, THE SEEMINGLY AMBIGUOUS ANSWER TO ALL THE RHETORIC WE HAVE READ, WAS MERE POCKET CHANGE, IN RELATION TO THE NEEDS WE KNOW OF... BUT YOU SEE, THE PLAN...WELL DESIGNED, METICULOUS, AND COVERING ALL ASPECTS OF BUSINESS, CONTINUES... IT STARTED IN DAVOS, WHEN PM ABADI STATED "IRAQ IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!" IT HAS CONTINUED WITH MANY OTHER STEPS...AND AS WITH ANY BUSINESS PLAN, IN ALL SECTORS OF INDUSTRY, THERE ARE CRUCIAL STEPS TO SUCCESS...THE MOST IMPORTANT DIVISION OF A SUCCESSFUL ENTERPRISE, IS THEIR SALES AND MARKETING DEPARTMENTS... HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WAIT IN AND OUT OF THE COUNTRY OF IRAQ TO EXPLODE INTO THE ECONOMY...INCONCEIVABLE TO IMAGINE THE POVERTY THAT DOES EXIST...THE THRUST OF THE DOLLARS IS COMING...THE INVESTMENTS ARE ON THEIR WAY...IF THE COUNTRY OF IRAQ IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE IMF, THEN CERTAINLY IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD!

6-9-2015 tman23 Here is what we have... The Kurds getting set for OUTSIDE FOREIGN LOANS...up to 5 billion usd... Abadi sending a letter to the Kurds to try and calm things down (no personal visit and no Kurd visit to Baghdad?)... Massum to mediate and Terhan to meet to talk about Kurd Independence... I would like to know what is in the letter from Abadi to Barzani... anything short of we are going to be able to pay you in full come July 1.2 billion (and not IQD valued at 1166)...We are going to revalue the currency...I just can't tell you...All we can do is wait the next 3 weeks out and see how they move.

6-9-2015 Mnt Goat The upcoming RV Process: I have had a recent talk with my CBI contact in Baghdad. The conversation was long and once again the process about to take place was described to me. This is what I was told: The CBI would begin the distribution of the new lower denominations along with the newer 50k and 100k coins. These larger notes (coins) are not to go out to the general public on the streets but rather are only to be used for inter-banking, international business, large commerce and very large amounts of cash transfers. Once distribution begins we will then see a .90 cent international rate. This low rate is to relieve pressure from inflation and to make the transition to a global currency. It will not last long (maybe a week at most) then they plan to conduct a full revaluation and adjust the rate to align with surrounding middle eastern countries. They would not tell me the rate but my guess is it will come out somewhere around $4.00 +.