Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "As the Dinar Turns" All Star cast.... Phoenix, Adam & Med tune in today 10/18/12

Thanks

"As the Dinar Turns" All Star cast.... Phoenix, Adam & Med tune in today 10/18/12

10-17-2012 Adam Montana the BIG news is on Shabibi...he is at least temporarily replaced by Abdul-Basit Turki in the role of head honcho at the CBI. There have been no charges filed at this time, BUT warrants for Shabibi and at least 29 other bank officials have been filed. Maliki seems to be at the head of this charge, and the reason is stated to be financial crimes. This comes after a very strong trend in news about banking transparency and advancements.

10-17-2012 Phoenix3333 The allegations about Shabibi are real. Mr. Shabibi has been heavy into the IMF for a long time, heavy into the World Banks, he is an economic heavy weight. Maliki and Talabani met with heads from the Obama Administration, big meetings regarding the CBI, the currency & the next thing we know Shabibi has been removed & replaced. The IMF are bankers, it doesn't care about the people, it wants to know that they can get their money back. What if the IMF wanted Iraq to be so far under that they had to take out loans from the IMF. Who better to become their debtor & repay loans than Iraq with all of their wealth. So, why doesn't Iraq revalue their currency? When? What if Iraq wants their wealth back and the man put in place says no. Maybe Mr. IMF was in control there, & has now been removed. Do I think they will move forward quickly? Yes, I do.

10-18-2012 Bluwolf HE [SHABIBI] HAS NOT BEEN ARRESTED FOR HE IS OUT OF THE COUNTRY, THOU HE HAS A WARRENT FOR THE FACTS ESTABLISHED...THE FINGER IN THE NEWS POINTS TO ANOTHER AND IT IS THE PM. THE U.S. MUST STRAITEN THE TWISTED TREE IN IRAQS GOVERNMENT, IF NOT DEMOCRACY CANNOT BE. [do we think it will be days or weeks or months?] AT ANY MOMENT, ALL IS SILENT, ALL IS DONE PERIOD. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

10-18-2012 Enorrste However, it is my opinion that this will not be allowed to go through without a “conference” between Maliki and the UN/US. I suggest we wait this out. Remember, Maliki tried this once before and it fell on deaf ears. At that time he was apparently intimidated and failed to act. The fact that this time he is acting does not make it any more legal. In fact, I suspect that a hailstorm of protest will occur and that we will see his “decision” reversed in short order.

10-18-2012 Med IT IS IN EVERY ARTICLE...HOW COME THE DINAR IS NOT WORTH MORE? THEY DONT WANT IT HELD BACK. THE ISSUE THAT IS PUTTING SHABIBI OUT TO DRY RIGHT NOW IS THEY ARE UPSET THAT THE DINAR EXCHANGE RATE IS NOT MORE AND CLOSER TO PAR WITH THE USD. WELL HE WONT BE SINCE IT HAS BEEN FOUND OUT THAT MOST OF WHAT HAPPENED WAS ILLEGAL AND AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION. THE COUNCIL OF MINISTERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO SUSPEND SHABIBI. ONLY PARLIAMENT DOES AND ONLY PARLIAMENT CAN FIRE HIM AND ONLY PARLIAMENT CAN PICK A NEW ONE.

10-18-2012 Adam Montana there are still news reports that show Iraq is not yet as perfect as the US, but quite honestly - I think they are very stable and are getting more stable all the time. Now, the current situation with Shabibi is going to be a rocky one for a week or three, but there's simply no way to expect an RV to happen without a few heads rolling! What we need to focus on is one question: "Is Iraq heading the right way?" I can answer that with a YES, and that's all I need to make me happy with my decision to invest in the Dinar.

10-18-2012 Adam Montana [Do you think a float may be what CBI has planned, or do you think it will be a RV?] This one has been the center of MUCH debate over the years, and in my opinion it's a draw. Either one allows for significant growth, and both have their +s and -s.

10-18-2012 Med I AM NOT SURE THAT I AM TOO HOT ON SHABIBI COMING BACK AND MOST OF THOSE I TALKED TO FELT THE SAME WAY. SHABIBI HAS BEEN VERY CAUTIOUS AND...MALIKI HAS COME TO SHABIBI AND ASKED HIM TWICE TO INCREASE THE VALUE OF THE DINAR. BOTH TIMES HE DID NOT BUT IF YOU DO GO BACK AN READ THE ARTICLES, THIS IS THE PROBLEM. HOW COME AFTER ALL THESE YEARS THE DINAR IS NOT WORTH MORE. ALSO, ANOTHER THING, THE PAR VALUE PAR DOES NOT MEAN 1 TO 1, PAR MEANS THAT IT IS ON THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THE ZERO. RIGHT NOW IT, IN ALL REALITY, HAS A NEGATIVE VALUE.

10-18-2012 Mailman WHO IN IRAQ WANTS THIS RV MORE THAN WE DO? NOT SHABS...[MALIKI] BECAUSE HE STANDS TO GAIN 100S OF BILLIONS POST RV, DEPENDING HOW MUCH HE AND HIS CRONIES HAVE STOLEN. TIME AND TIME OVER...MALIKI HAS TRIED TO TAKE OVER THE CBI . THE MAIN REASON FOR SHABS HOLDUP ON THE RV IS PERSONAL...AS LONG AS HE CAN MAINTAIN INFLATION, HE CAN ALSO KEEP MALIKI FROM USING IT. WITH THE THREAT OF POSSIBLE REMOVAL OF MALIKI DUE TO CORRUPTION AND VIOLATION OF CHAP. 7, HE MUST DO WHAT? GET WHO OUT OF THE WAY...THE ONE MAN IN HIS WAY...[SHABIBI]. THIS LAST POWER PLAY BY MALIKI JUST MIGHT GIVE THE UN A FINAL REASON TO STEP IN AND REMOVE HIM ON [CHAPTER] 7 VIOLATIONS...AND THEN LET THE COURTS SETTLE THE CORRUPTION. THE ONE THING MALIKI HAS THAT ULTIMATELY WILL BE HIS UNDOING IS...HIS DICTATOR MENTALITY, THAT NOTHING CAN TOUCH HIM. SHABS JUST MAY HAVE STALLED THIS PURPOSELY KNOWING THE OUTCOME AS FAR AS CORRUPTION, WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ACT. JUST A THOUGHT. THROUGHOUT THIS ALL...DID ANYONE SEE SHABS EVEN BREAK A SWEAT LIKE HE WAS WORRIED? HE WAS COOL AS A CUCUMBER...AND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED SHABS IS STILL IN CONTROL UNTIL I SEE OTHERWISE.

10-18-2012 BGG I recounted this because it appears everyone has forgotten this chain of events?? 1) The CBI (Shabibi) put out an article – they were basically ready to address the currency value – they were just waiting on the government...2) Jubouri came out asking (“calling for”) Shabibi to allow the value of the Dinar to be a “free-float”, market value…3) Maliki went to Russia and Czech Republic signing weapons contracts (purely unconstitutional) ...4) Maliki sent troops, artillery and tanks to surround the disputed city of Kirkuk...5) Maliki’s gang on the CoM (Council of Ministers) issued an arrest warrant for Dr Shabibi...

10-18-2012 SWFloridaGuy I think economic committee member Abdulhussain Abtan said it better than anyone this morning. He said, "The global economic crisis will stimulate investment in Iraq and has forced the major powers of the world to enter into Iraq for the purpose of investment opportunities which promotes all economic fields." Abtan went on to say that, "Iraq is one of the countries with large investment opportunities in all economic fields and will be a gateway to revive the world’s economies..." This, of course, does not reference a RV, RI, RD, float, change in peg, hybrid solution etc., but rather signifies a more general positive economic outlook for the country of Iraq. This speaks to the basis of the IQD investment in my opinion. It's long term (approaching a decade) but clearly a strong bet, which I think we can all agree is an accurate assertion.

10-18-2012 Doc We waited a few days to confirm information about Shabibi. It appears from all sources and news outlets that he indeed has been replaced. Several sites are trying to spin this positively but only time will flush it out. In the mean time we speculate on three possible scenarios. First is Shabibi is in fact guilty of what he has been accused...A second scenario is that the GOI wants rapid currency appreciation and Shabibi wanted currency reform in more of just a RD with gradual appreciation...The third scenario is as we have pointed out previously is that Maliki is attempting to stall currency reform. There is a fourth scenario which goes like this. Shabibi is presented as a crook to the public... There are still many unanswered questions with these actions against Shibibi. As with all of this it will take some time for the truth to surface. Sit tight until then. 6) The Chief Justice on the SJC vacated the arrest warrant for Dr Shabibi and assured discipline for the issuing judge...7) The Parliament had 5-6 laws lined up to vote on that would essentially “sew Maliki up” and once he saw no way out – he organized an SLC boycott and walkout to avoid the coming accountability (this was on Monday)...9) Maliki unilaterally removed Dr Shabibi and put an “interim”... How anyone can look at Maliki overtaking the CBI and their reserves as a good thing absolutely boggles my mind. HE’LL BUY WEAPONS WITH THE MONEY SHABIBI WOULD HAVE USED TO ENSURE YOUR BLOOMING RV!!!! I fully expect this latest move to come under great scrutiny over the next few days – it is almost sure to undergo Judicial Revue…not to mention a probable international (as in UN) intervention.

10-18-2012 Bulldog75 Article: "Iraq has signed a new contract to buy its second set of 18 F-16 fighters from the United States..." [So, where is Iraq getting all this money to buy fighter jets?] ANSWER: OIL CONTRACTS AND PENDING REVALUATION CURRENCY.

10-18-2012 Bluwolf AS I EXPECTED SHABBIBI IS BACK IN POWER AGAIN...A LOT OF MISINFORMATION WILL BE COMING OUT BUT YOU NEED NOT BE CONCERN...ALL IS STILL AS EXPECTED AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED...ALSO, THERE WILL BE A GREAT SILENCE COMING OUT OF ALL BANKS AND ALL NATIONS...I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES THAT THIS WILL BE A SILENT ONE...WE ARE STILL MOVING FORWARD IN THE CORRECT DIRECTION...WE ARE CLOSE THAT IS ALL I AM GOING TO SAY...VERY VERY, CLOSE.

10-18-2012 Adam Montana [Do we have an exact count of how much Dinar is actually in circulation at this time? I have read conflicting counts…] Conflicting counts is a nice way of putting it. No, we don't have an exact count. The CBI would be the only place to get it, and they contradict themselves regularly on this topic. It's my opinion that they do not WANT that information out there, because they would lose some control of their future plans if every detail was transparent.

10-18-2012 Vic1 MALIKI HAS SET UP HIMSELF! SHABIBI...WILL BE THE ONE TO FINISH HIM OFF, I REALLY DO BELIEVE! THERE IS NO,DELAY! NAJAFI...SAID NO ONE TAKES A VACATION...WE NEED TO FINISH UP OUR BUSINESS! THE 4 DAY HOLIDAY, THE EID EL ADHA, WILL NOT STOP OUR PARLIAMENT! THE 26, 27, 28 AND 29TH. THE BUDGET WILL BE DISCUSSED IN NOVEMBER. THE INTERNAL ISLAMIC CALENDER BEGINS NOVEMBER 17TH.
    Last edited by coopschick; 10-18-2012 at 09:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread