9-21-2014 BGG & tman23 From Cornell Law on the study of exchange rates/WTO...Currency Exchange Rates and International Trade Although complex to assess, there exist a clear linkage between currency exchange rates and international trade. Strong currency stimulus in one country has the potential of enhancing export opportunities for trading partners, because it increases private purchasing power and consumption of domestic consumers while making national exports more expensive. Conversely, a weak national exchange rate acts so as to encourage a country’s exports while discouraging the inflow of imports. [...in "laymens" terms...?] It means Iraq is in not-such a good position and the rest of the world (aka - trading partners) would like to see them increase their currency value.

9-21-2014 Aggiedad77 I believe...that Abadi is about to acquiesce to the Kurds in a way that will unfold the HCL to their benefit and to the benefit of all Iraqi's...he will be seen and known as the great reconciler for Iraq very soon...he is working hard to bring Iraq into the INTERNATIONAL light...it grows brighter with each day. Soon...Soon...Soon.

9-21-2014 Kaperoni Articles: "Parliamentary Energy: Snmrr law of oil and gas during the first legislative term of the parliament" "Interim Financial: Strdna data this week will be put to the budget first reading" "Urgent .. presidency of the parliament meets heads of blocs to determine the heads of parliamentary committees" ...they are moving forward.

9-21-2014 tman23 Baghdad – the Parliament decided to continue to hold meetings to Thursday (9/25) and to resume after Eid al-Adha holiday, Wednesday 10/8 which will be about two weeks...THIS GIVES THEM 4 DAYS TO VOTE AND PASS PENDING LEGISLATION.

9-21-2014 Poppy3 FROM EVERYTHING I HAVE HEARD FROM GREAT SOURCES AND MANY OTHER FRIENDS SOURCES ITS A CONSENSUS THAT THE RV IS CLOSE TO HAPPENING AND THE PUSH HAS NOT STOPPED TO COMPLETE THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES TILL WE SEE THE FINAL NEEDS FINISHED.

9-21-2014 EXOGEN HCL + GOI = RV. REMEMBER IT WILL BE MONDAY IN IRAQ IN A FEW HOURS.

9-21-2014 Kaperoni Article quote: "the times ahead may provide a base for building a new economy by changing the currency and delete the zeros of some of them." The current CBI actions are to replace the existing denominations. That is completely consistent with what this article is saying. When the dinar will rise will be when they are ready to open the market economy. As we have said, laws, a new GOI, stability will be the prelude. How fast they accomplish this is yet to be seen. I am still optimistic that it can be achieved within 3-6 months.

8-21-2014 EXOGEN High Alert.

9-21-2014 Arthur Over the past 4 years I have been...called negative for insisting on the equation GOI + HCL = RV. Now I see my old RV equation has finally resurfaced in dinarland which I knew it would right before the RV. Despite the difficulty of seating the final ministries, the international community has already acknowledged that they are satisfied with the new inclusive government (GOI) the new Prime Minister has engineered so far. And as of today we now see this development: Article: "A member of the Oil and Energy National Alliance MP Awad al-Awadi, "Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi Kurds will engage with SOMO Iraq, the Kurds and give the green light to export." Abadi has announced he is now in the process of taking "tough decisions for the sake of resolving the problems, including an agreement on oil, and that would be in the interest of the Iraqi people as a whole, including the sons of the Kurdish people." PM Abadi also said today in a statement that "Parliament has full knowledge about the causes of the strengths and weaknesses of the draft law of oil and gas (HCL), AND THIS HELPED HIM TO APPROVE THE LAW." Abadi himself has stated on many occasions they are aiming for the budget to be open and implemented along with all payments to the Kurds in the coming days which would coincide with the culmination of the equation: GOI + HCL = RV.

9-22-2014 Millionday ...THE ISSUES AT THE END OF WHERE THE BUDGET WAS LEFT FROM PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT WAS THE ISSUE WITH THE KURDS AND FEDERAL -- SO NOW ABADI HAS MET WITH BARZANI AND THEY HAVE RESOLVED SO WE ARE IN A VERY GOOD PLACE WITH THE BUDGET AND IT IS EXPECTED TO PASS. ACCORDING TO WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS THIS WEEK WILL SEE A VOTE FOR THE 2014 BUDGET --- SO THAT WOULD ALLOW THE TIMELINE TO BE REACHABLE AS THEY HAD ANNOUNCED AS THEIR GOAL. PARLIAMENT MEETS TOMORROW [MONDAY] AND TUESDAY. I DID SEE A REPORT ALL ABOUT THE BUDGET AND IT IS IN THE BILLIONS. WE HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MANY SOURCES THAT ARE TRUSTED THAT THE GOAL IS TO OPEN THE BUDGET BY THE 1ST OF OCTOBER --- THEY HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THAT IS THE GOAL. Article quote: "...the parliament will approve a budget for the three months and a half remaining this year, with the exchange rate increase approved by the Parliament earlier on the salaries of employees with retroactive effect from the beginning of this year and will be disbursed next month..." THIS IS SAYING THAT THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH WILL BE THE THREE MONTHS THAT WILL BE DISBURSED AND IT WILL BE AT THE NEW EXCHANGE RATE. THEY WILL ALSO BE PAYING BACK PAY.

9-22-2014 Poppy3 I STILL DON'T THINK THEY WILL CHANGE THE RATE TILL THE BASKET OF FINANCIAL LAWS ARE PASSED SO THEY CAN COMPLETE THE WTO PROCESS OF ACCEPTANCE. THAT BASKET IS IN PARLIAMENT AND READY FOR VOTE FROM ALL INFORMATION IN INK . UNKNOWN WHY THEY HAVE NOT BEEN VOTED ON YET BUT THEY ARE EXPECTED AT ANYTIME EVERY MEETING.

9-22-2014 tman23 Baghdad – the Parliament decided to continue to hold meetings to Thursday (9/25) and to resume after Eid al-Adha holiday, Wednesday 10/8 which will be about two weeks...THIS GIVES THEM 4 DAYS TO VOTE AND PASS PENDING LEGISLATION.

9-22-2014 Frank26 [ I believe you are right when you said that Iraq has the last two ministers chosen. An article today said that they will vote on them after the Eid holiday which I believe ends October 14th. You also said in one of your posts that they will not announce them because then they will have to show the rate they have been using. With that logic, it appears that we will not see the IR until after October 14th at the earliest, no?] In a religious land as Iraq is one always has to consider their respect for such holidays. We honestly can not gauge Eid by the last years because nothing happened. IMO, Based on traffic, Noise, Communications within the masques they will be cautious on how much they talk about finances during Eid. Are they waiting for the IR...I Believe they are waiting for Eid to end. IMO, Iraq GOI/CBI is privately... Secretly... Selectively... Carefully talking to Iraqi Citizens. IMO, They are getting help to do this important thing.

9-22-2014 Kaperoni Article quote: "House of Representatives decided to continue its activities until the end of this month to resume work on the fourteenth of October next, after the end of the holiday." So parliament will continue to work and have sessions through the end of Sept and will take a vacation/break from Oct 1- Oct 13th for a holiday (resuming on the 14th).

9-22-2014 Millionday [Is it true parliaments last day is sept 25 and don't return til Oct 8th?] THE NATIONAL IRAQ DAY AND THE HOLIDAY IS NOT A BANKING HOLIDAY OR GOVERNMENT SO I HAVE NOT HEARD THAT THEY WILL BE OFF ALL OF THAT TIME. [When are they scheduled to vote on that basket of currency and economic reform laws?] THIS WEEK THEY ARE SCHEDULED TO VOTE.

9-22-2014 Kaperoni Article quote: "After the agreement of the Presidency of the Parliament during a meeting with heads of blocs and members of the parliamentary committees on the continuation of the meetings of the Council until the 30th of September, the current, most likely politicians to postpone the vote on the candidates for the ministries of interior and defense until after the Eid al-Adha..." So they will not name the defense or Interior until after the holiday which ends October 13th. So at least the middle of October before they seat these ministers.