7-16-2014 Adam Montana Over the last few weeks we’ve been bombarded with doom and gloom about ISIS attacking and much more…The truth of the matter is simple… Iraq is not falling apart, and in fact they are weathering this current storm admirably. The dinar is stable in spite of the situation with ISIS, holding strong at 1200 per 1USD. This is good…we are looking towards two things: 1, the end of Ramadan (July 28), and 2, the seating of the Government and of course figuring out who will be PM… and all of this is likely to be complete this month! The Kurds are continuing to sell oil and Baghdad isn’t getting any of the proceeds. This is going to continue to put pressure on political leaders to get it together. Obviously this is good for us. Work on the major pipelines continues, which will put more pressure on the HCL… again, good for us…Iraq is doing just fine and I’m looking forward to seeing what they have to offer us in August.

7-16-2014 tlm724 I think that Gov Turki is getting more and more secure in his aspirations for the [removal of the three zeros] project. I will say again, the security he and Dr. Shabibi meant IMO was the secure banking electronic system...everyone should be excited because the new GOI has the chance to breathe life back into Iraq and into your investment! It's a New Iraq!

7-16-2014 TerryK THIS WAS SYNCED TO HAPPEN AT 2...THEN PUSHED TO 6 AM. NOW THEY ARE TO OPEN THE BUDGET AND SIT TWO POSITIONS TODAY AND WE ARE TO SEE THIS LATER HOPING LATER TONIGHT. VERY QUIET, THATS THE DESIGN AT THE VERY END.

7-16-2014 Shredd imo, as soon as govt is seated, the CBI will engage the removal of the three zeros project as Turki stated and that will bring a rate set.

7-16-14 Stryker Today started the search for Iraq's New President which ends Sunday the 20th at midnight and Maliki looks to resign anytime now...

7-16-2014 Bluwolf Well my belief is that we are just a phone call away from entering the bank. I know for a fact that Iraqí government is now officially sorted out and shall all be seated within hours...CL gave you the time frame and the deadline is 7-20 for the GCR. I will agree on that your rv should be casted off within hours, new PM new International Release.

7-16-2014 Doc This article pretty well sums up what our ME contacts told us…"Sunni cleric Abdul Malik Al-Saadi, who praised the "mujahdeen" (holy warriors) leading the revolt, said tribes were the backbone of a broad based insurgency battling against Iraqi Shi'ite Islamist Prime Minister Nuri Maliki's rule…." We categorically disagree with those that are reporting the situation is not that bad. The issue continues to be Maliki has not and most likely will never form an inclusive government. The situation was bad enough that it has led to civil war. For currency reform to even be considered an inclusive, stable government must be formed and functioning. While we believe this can happen it is most likely months away. We are hopeful that 2015 brings a stable Iraq. We report, you decide.

7-17-20141 TNT Tony This thing is almost over. I can’t tell you the moment, but it’s almost over. We’ve been close so many times, maybe not as close as now, but until the actual announcement is made, anything can happen. Everything we are hearing is good, things are falling into place, people are happy, so we just need to see if we can pull that trigger before anything changes. I do think we are in a good week.

7-17-2014 Millionday TURKI STATED THAT HE WAS NOT WAITING FOR THE BUDGET AND WOULD FUND THE PRIVATE BANKS WITH INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT FUNDS TO ACTIVATE THE BANKING REFORM --- MODERN BANKING... [So cbi is sayin they're waiting on government but not the budget?] I HAVE NOT SEEN THE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT THEY ARE WAITING ON THE GOV FOR ANYTHING. CBI COULD RELEASE THE VALUE AND SET THE INTERNATIONAL RATES TO THE CURRENCY ON THE GLOBE AT ANY TIME...CBI IS INDEPENDENT.

7-17-2014 DC The important part is that things are much more along than portrayed in most news areas. Security in Iraq is better...CBI is ready to rock; most of the ministers are slated for their positions. Banks have been given notice to get their act together in Iraq. In the USA, the UN is prepped and ready to go. They are content and ‘happy’ with the progress Iraq has made yesterday and today. The administration and affiliates have said “Okay, we give our blessings on this”. The banks are ready or getting ready...I have heard from many different people that everyone is to be ready, and the game is serious. It is my strong contention that the PM [Prime Minister] and the RV will happen at the same time. Bottom line, folks, is that things look exceptionally good.

7-17-2014 Poppy3 HERE is my opinion of where we are and a time table possibility on my best guess which is the best anyone can do at this point. I have been told today that the three presidents have now been agreed on. THEY WILL BE VOTED INTO POSITION ON THE 23RD then there will be a follow up meeting on the 28th that they are hoping to announce a agreement and vote of the new prime minister and opening of their 2014 budget. Meetings have not slowed or stopped since the first meeting last Sunday. I expect the RV possibility to begin the day the PRIME MINISTER IS SEATED. My state dept contact told me months ago before they held their elections that the cbi, imf and world bank representatives agreed to hold the RV till they know whom they will be dealing with post rv . Remember if there is a new PM THERE COULD ALSO BE A NEW GOVERNOR OF THE cbi BECAUSE THAT IS A APPOINTED POSITION BY THE PM.

7-17-2014 BGG [are you more excited than you;ve been in past with this news?] Very much so. [do you see an rv in our very near future?] if this GOI is seated as quickly as I think - maybe - just maybe...

7-17-2014 wmawhite The Washington Post: Maliki will announce his resignation and will support an independent candidate to succeed him! Date: Wed, 16/07/2014 According to the Washington Post, quoting media sources, especially by Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will announce his resignation within days, indicating he would support an independent candidate to succeed him...

7-17-2014 Tlar well in true Iraqi style they have managed to push the next parliament into next week. The POP (President of Parliament) and his deputies are voted on and in place. The reason for the delay is not real clear but I believe it is to give more time for the POR (President of the Republic) to be firmed up. It is my belief that this is a dodge. The SOL has been waffling the last couple of days as to whether they will nominate Maliki or not, so it was decided to give it one more week...there is in place a battle plan to finish this next week meaning voting on the Presidents and the PM position. The next parliamentary session is scheduled at present for Wednesday but it might come earlier (the POP can call them in earlier) if they can solve the PM position with the SOL. Barring that not happening, the coalition is prepared to finish this with a no vote on Maliki.