Iraqi Dinar Chat, Information, News, Facts, Guru Forums, RV and Revaluation info

Follow us! Follow us!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "As the Dinar Turns"...with Frank26, Kaperon & Okiei...1-28-13

Thanks

"As the Dinar Turns"...with Frank26, Kaperon & Okiei...1-28-13

1-27-2013 Doc There was tons of great articles and news releases from last week. Several came from the CBI which were very forthcoming. One specifically talked about linking the banks electronically to the internationally which we see as excellent progress. This obviously would facilitate trade with Iraq making financial transactions much simpler. Another article discussed monetary policy and specifically mentioned getting the dinar on par with the USD. While this is not new news it once again verifies our position that the $3+ initial rate rumors are simply not factual and certainly not supported by the body of evidence. The same article mentioned the "float" strategy. Our opinion continues as reported many months ago that the plan is to introduce the dinar at or below $1 and allow it to float up as the markets determine. It also appears there is a 2-3 year vision to work the dinar back up to the $3+ range as it once was before the gulf war. We believe this makes huge sense in that the value will increase as the infrastructure improves and more oil is actually produced.

1-27-2013 Bondlady i think they may have had a secret agreement per the hcl and its just not voted or it's not announced yet. so, they have narrowed it down and they did read it once and it was passed for the final vote but the kurds blocked it saying thats not what they agreed on so it went back to be amended. kurds feel like they deserve more of the profits than anyone else does but that they have come to agreements.now they have to choose 1 of the 3 agreements and pass the final vote for it and it'll be a huge historical thing too as its took them forever to do, article 140 falls right in here too and they have come to agreements on most of that just doing the finalizing of it all now and the same applies here too, imo, to the hcl, they will go together or shortly right after each other and it will have to be because its also part of the budget. the people were supposed to get the 25% of oil profits at the end of 2012 but the fighting stopped the final reading of the hcl, so maliki had to file a law suit delaying the 25% to the people in 2012 because you cannot do it without the hcl, thats the profit sharein...it will invite the whole world into iraq to invest...pass it and all things move full speed ahead for everyone in iraq and the world.

1-27-2013 ****** im still hearing that, and this is from this past week, that we look very strong to tonight or monday...for the rv to pop... there are 30 baskets total...the first basket that will be released is ours...11 currencies...so with that our blessings are on the way.

1-27-2013 Frank26 WE HAVE A BUDGET...LOOKS LIKE WITH RATE. IRAQ NOW takes on NEW WORLD acquired debt. For a POWERFUL reason. 10 plus years they have asked others to pay their global bills. NOW They want to impress INVESTORS and show that THEY ALONE can pay their OWN world debt. How? By taking care of their CITIZENS via 2013 budget and INVESTORS. Look at what the CBI is doing with The World! Soon You will see more money, More accounts, More Stuff that will answer the qt - Where is the new rate? You are looking for an RV. Not I. I am Looking at it. I will not be surprised to see the 2013 budget released just a few days after the 5th of Feb. Without a rate. IMO, Rate will be amended closer to the last week of Feb.

1-27-2013 Doc We find it interesting the Maliki appears to be losing favor with the people. Lots of reports allude to this fact. It is also encouraging there appears to be enough votes to get him out of there. A recent NY Times article was quoted as saying Maliki has been consolidating power, imprisoning those that oppose him and endorsing relations with Iran ever since Obama pulled troops out. This is just another data point which supports our postulation that he has been the main obstacle to progress in Iraq.We find it funny that now [that] it looks like he could be replaced, a lot of the things he opposed are moving forward like banking laws. Recall we have always been of the position the RV needs certain things in place for it to be a success and Maliki opposed these things because he does not support the RV due to ties with Iran. We are seeing what appears to be very good progress now that Parliament seems to be embolden and not fearful of him. We can only hope this continues.

1-27-2013 Flashing i received a call that banks are on green light...codes were changed. it agreed with the information received on friday. the person who contacted me last week did it again...and told me that the 10 days will reflect the rate. if we consider for that count friday then the 10 days period expires tonight. however if it started on saturday then it will expire tommorow...in addition from netherlands a person told me this will occur tuesday or before at $3.6...ok again those are rumors and u should do ur homework and draw ur conclusions.

1-28-2013 Mountainman [referencing video translation below] I especially liked this part... Mr. Turki also stated the Central Bank of Iraq is currently in the process of applying these steps to the restructuring of the currency. Perhaps Maliki dumped Shabs because Shabs was not moving on this... I don't know if Shab's will be back or not. I took note of the people in the audience at that meeting ...Japanese and others were present and this meeting was held in Bagdad.

1-28-2013 Kaperoni This video surfaced today...it directly pertains to the New Iraqi Dinar investment. Dr. Abdel Bassit Turki recently spoke at the Union of Arab banks conference January 12th, 2013..."Here is the translation sent to me from ReVbo. My Arabic translator reviewed this and said it was very good and accurate.": 1) Mr. Turki stated that Iraq has major resources; which, of course, oil is a part of, but there are also other major sources of wealth within Iraq. 2) Mr. Turki stated these resources will effect the Iraq economy strongly. 3) Mr. Turki went on to state Iraq soon plans on applying this wealth to back the currency of Iraq, for the benefit of the Iraqi peoples.4) Mr. Turki said steps will be taken to "restructure" the Iraqi currency, which will be based on the country's resources, and the wealth of the resources will be reflected and applied to the value of the currency. 5) Mr. Turki stated that the measures taken to properly asing [asign?] or instill the correct value of the currency, must be taken slowly and carefully, and so they will be. 6) Mr. Turki also stated the Central Bank of Iraq is currently in the process of applying these steps to the restructuring of the currency. 7) In conclusion, Mr. Turki said that 10% of the restructured currency will be retained by the CBI and 5% of the restructured currency will be distributed to exchange houses. It should be noted that Mr. Turki remained vague as to whether these changes would be put in place on a global scale, nor did he state that these changes effect only the Iraqi economy. At no time during this speech, did Mr. Turki mention nor name the process "deletion of the zeroes", nor did he state within this speech, that Iraq is in the process of replacing the currency. In relationship to the Iraqi economy or currency, Mr. Turki continued to refer to the application of wealth to the currency, as "restructuring" of the value of the IQD. I asked...in detail about the translation of this; "Does this mean 5% is going to other banks for distribution?" and he said no, he said, "Mr. Turki expressly stated that the five percent was going to be distributed to exchange houses so people may exchange the currency for the restructured currency". I also asked him... "Did Turki mention anything about deletion of the zeroes or printing new money?" He said no.

1-28-2013 Kaperoni [referencing video] The 5%" - IMO they are talking about the distribution of the new lower denominations of currency in Iraq. He seems to say that the local currency traders will get this currency (about 5%) of what was printed. 10% will be held back for replacements, etc. and 85% will go to banks. ["must be taken slowly and carefully" now thats a complete understatement.] that actually could imply a couple of different things. Either they are taking their time preparing/implimenting this event, or they could be talking about a method in which they raise the value (float). "Slowly and carefully" seems to say more towards a "managed float" than a "free float." but again, we will just have to wait and see what occurs.1-28-2013 Newshound Guru Kaperoni #4 and #6 are very good and appears that Turki is moving forward to raise the value of the dinar. They use the ***** word "soon" again. lol There is nothing in this translation that is "different" from what we already knew. Just that Turki himself spells it out for the attendees. Very good and positive.

1-28-2013 BWM [Is this RV really out of Iraq's hands?] my firm belief has always been this was out of iraq's hands TO AN EXTENT... that being, that while this is their currency I don't feel they are the controlling element in deciding the timing for this being international. I believe you will see all the items come together at roughly the same time which of course will let everyone say "see, I told you so" but at that point most of us won't care of the other outcomes, IMO.

1-28-2013 Doc We still remain cautiously optimistic at this point. We have seen a fury of positive news in the past only to be disappointed. However the current fury appears to be extremely focused on those things that we believe will preclude currency reform. Our cautious position remains since we are still seeing delays like the budget vote. Also Kuwait requested the UNSC continue to keep the Iraq-Kuwait situation on the agenda the rest of the year. This suggests chapter 7 release is [not] eminent as some suggest. We have not seen a closed deal on chapter 7, budget, GOI, HCl and others. We also see Maliki fighting for his political life. We simply do not believe currency reform is at any second since the political climate continues unstable and the Kurds are still considering withdrawing from Iraq. We hope that the current events concerning Maliki are resolved quickly and this fury of activity is actually completed. We report, you decide.We did see the speech by Dr Turki after our last update. We have to admit we are excited. The information in the speech aligns very nicely with the two articles from the CBI we reported on in out last update. First you must be careful and determine if this information is pertaining to currency reform or to the short term goal of getting the street value of the dinar to the program rate. Our opinion is this is in reference to currency reform since Dr Turki tied this value back to Iraq's assets. Most of the time the short term references are purported as "raise the value in the coming days" and linked to the immediate decline of the dinar and worsening purchasing power. There are two statements we really find encouraging. First Dr Turki stated they are in process of taking the steps needed to be in position to raise the value. We have speculated in the past that certain laws needed to be in place to sustain stable currency reform over the long term and that Shabibi and now Turki understand a rush to RV would be disastrous. We have recently seen laws get passed such as banking laws, push to join the international electronic banking community, etc. that we have not seen in the past. These are all needed to maintain a stable currency in the long term. The 50,000 pound gorilla (in our opinion) that they lack is HCL. Without this the assets are not secured and the underlying value to support the dinar is not there. Dr Turki rightly linked a raise in value to these assets.

1-28-2013 Okie_Oil_Man GOOD AFTERNOON AMERICA, SHIP'S AT SEA AND ALL OUR WORLD WIDE FRIEND'S--TODAY (MON 1-28-2013) THERE APPEAR'S TO BE A GREAT DEAL OF ACTIVITY GOING ON BEHIND CLOSED DOOR'S AND BEHIND THE SCENE. FROM INFORMATION RECEIVED TODAY IT SEEM'S THAT EVERYTHING IS VERY PROGRESSIVE AND MOVING FORWARD TOWARD'S OUR GOAL.THERE ARE MANY THING'S THAT CAN'T AT PRESENT BE ELABORATED ON BUT HOPEFULLY SOON WE WILL BE ABLE TO OPENLY DISCUSS THE DEGREE OF COMPLEXITY THAT WAS NECESSARY TO BRING ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSION OF OUR HOPE'S AND DREAM'S. I AM VERY ATTENTIVE AT THIS TIME. [Do we know why this is being held up?] THE COMPLEXITY OF GETTING 198 COUNTRIES ALL CO-ORDINATED AND IN AGREEMENT ON A WORLD GLOBAL RE-SET OF THEIR CURRENCY IS MIND BOGGLING. ALL IS TIED TOGETHER--THIS IS A GLOBAL SCENARIO.

1-28-2013 Bondlady Article quote: "The Central Bank issued a decision committed by all private banks and government using banking systems developed to be able to to keep abreast of developments in the international banks. added: that this decision will help to develop the banking sector and to enter the competition in global markets, plus it will help to attract foreign investments and contribute to the development process." "and to enter the competition in global markets", international baby...bring it on...when they let them all do the auctions that helped them all to raise their capitol for one which the cbi told them they needed to do and this was a very quick way to do that, as selling usd made all of the banks participating mucho profits and hence raised their capitol to support the loans and the people and to back whatever transactions they needed to also it brought in major amounts of iqd back to the cbi preparing for what we know is about to take place the new money and new rate, i guess i should insert here, IMO, but i think i'm right and if i'm not i'll stand up and say so.
    Last edited by coopschick; 01-28-2013 at 04:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread