Iraqi Dinar Guru opinions 2-13-20

Iraqi

2-13-2020 Intel Guru Delta ...there's something strange going on with the Central Bank auctions...they did show there were no wire transfers. When you don't have any wire transfers that's really significant because we know the only way they can do that is if the IQD is going international...so the banks are able to do that electronically without them going to the CBI...they are testing something...

2-13-2020 Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat Article: "L-KINDI NEWS: SALEH, AL-HALBUSI, AND AL-BARZANI ARE TOOLS TO IMPLEMENT THE NEW US PLANS IN IRAQ" ...there is a US plan of Iraq and they are implementing it. This is how this entire protesting stuff started. It was the beginning of the end of the Iranian militias and politicians in Iraq. But it takes time and so be patient.

2-13-2020 Newshound Guru Kaperoni ...MCP [MULTIPLE CURRENCY PRACTICES] has nothing to do with dual currencies...has to do with pricing...has to do with price of goods. MCP is the variation or price of goods from one currency to another...has nothing to do with dual currencies in a country. That will always exist in Iraq

2-12-2020 Newshound Guru Kaperoni Currency auctions are based on a "balance" of dinar to dollars. In fact, the recent weeks have seen a significant increase in dollar sales, therefore the CBI has to inject dinar to balance it. That is why you also see an increase in recent weeks in the money supply of dinar...its the balance of the two that maintains the exchange rate and the stability of the spread is a IMF requirement. [ 2 percent 90 days yes] Yes, they are in compliance, but that is because they are maintaining a balance of dinar to dollar...so there is no way to significantly reduce the money supply (either dinar or dollars) under the current system. If they reduced the dollars, they could in theory also reduce the dinar but it must be a balance or the exchange rate and spread would change and if you reduced the dollars it would create issues since they need dollars for foreign exchange. It is complicated and their are many aspects you need to consider...it is not a simple, reduce the money and RV...

2-12-2020 Intel/Newshound Guru sandyf I would agree with most of what Kap [Guru Kaperoni] says, some of the detail is questionable, the latest statement from the CBI shows currency issued at 50T rather than 42T, as for "Chunky" that is something else. As Kap says, the liability on the CBI just cannot support any revaluation in the order that is being suggested. Many countries have deleted the zeros over the years, why should Iraq be any different. If there is to be any return on this venture it will not be the result of anything done by Iraq.

2-12-2020 Intel Guru Bruce [via WiserNow] ...we have heard that the Forex will update their rates tomorrow [Wednesday] morning between 2 & 2:30 in the morning – and we understand that the Iraqi Dinar will be one of those which will update to a new rate... ...the fact that all banks have received their final instructions and the fact that yesterday the redemption centers and Tier 1 banks have got their final briefing for a little over 3 hours – that put us in a position to be able to get started anytime now...I have heard from another source entirely that this will be a week for us like no other – Now, I know we’ve heard things like that in the past... I can just tell you maybe this is a week like no other – It could very well be...

2-12-2020 Guest Newshound Guru Pimpy ...I talked about the currency that was being bought by Iraq from the public. They were spending somewhere between a billion to $1.5 billion per month in oil revenues to buy currency off the open market and at that time that was 70% of the currency that was out there...what I recently learned was...they destroyed 70% of the currency...we know that less than 5%...is in the country. I still think it's lower than that...if you look at all the goods they have and you try to come out with a rate...you're probably looking at 4 or 5 cents. That's not unrealistic...in the paperwork I saw a rate of $1.34...The BTI report shows you two rates...$1.71 and $1.13. There's good arguments why you shouldn't trust those. It has to do more with the money supply that's out there...I think the rate's gonna be $1.34. It's gonna be locked there for about 3 years...

2-12-2020 Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat ...This reinstatement, would have and should have, already occurred by now. But we all know why it hasn’t…right? ...the Trump administration is working very hard, with and within Iraq, to clean up this Iranian mess. They will succeed...There is a plan and they are moving forward aggressively.

2-12-2020 Intel Guru MarkZ [via PDK] I spoke to my contacts in Iraq and no new rate published in the gazette yet. There are great expectations for today…. I am always terrified of “Great Expectations” but someday it will be true. That may well be today. Actually I was surprised not to see a new value this morning with how keyed up my diplomatic contacts are in Iraq. I am getting fantastic stuff from most sources...Exceptionally good, positive stuff. I hear exchanges will start at the same time everywhere.

dinarguru.com